EMU Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

EMU Game Thread...

You think? I though PC was fairly terrible tonight. Gave up too many uncontested layups/dunks. Couldn't finish for crap except for one. Super pleased with his foul shooting, which was superb. But he needs to man up or he will get eaten alive in ACC play.

I think all of us before the year started would sign up for 15/12/5 every night from PC. I thought he played his ass off tonight and he also makes a TON of plays on defense that don't show up in any stat line. I think I can confidently say that in any game where PC gives us 15/12/5 And we lose that the blame would have to go to just about ANYONE else on the team besides him. Also I'm curious as to what bigs in the ACC there are that will eat PC alive? For real serious question what bigs are dominating? The bigs that are in the ACC this year aren't your Meeks/dajuan Blair type bigs or the old style big East play where it's brutally physical. Just don't see it happening and some of the bigs that we have already gone up against this year have been pretty decent and PC has done a damn good job against them defensively. Sure there are lots of things he can do better and he needs to dunk that fricken ball instead of going up so weak for a crap layup but he has at least for me been a pleasant surprise this year and a big reason our defense has been pretty good.

Sure, he needs to be able to finish more strongly, but he's getting there. Big men with as little court time as Chukwu do have a license to improve. I'd hate to think where this team would be without his contributions.
Chukwu is limited but there are no better options on this team. If Sidibe is gone for the year, this team is dead. Dolezaj as the backup center???? Chukwu will never be an offensive threat but he will have his moments during the season. He played 37 minutes and I thought mid-way through the 2nd half he was out of it but he finished strong. I thought for him he had a very nice game.

Chukwu is limited but there are no better options on this team. If Sidibe is gone for the year, this team is dead. Dolezaj as the backup center???? Chukwu will never be an offensive threat but he will have his moments during the season. He played 37 minutes and I thought mid-way through the 2nd half he was out of it but he finished strong. I thought for him he had a very nice game.
JB needs to look at giving Moyer and/or Brissett minutes at center now. Dolezaj just can't be asked to play extended minutes there. He is a toothpick with about the narrowest shoulders I've ever seen on a guy of his height.

many teams do play 3 guard offense . think BE nova. and invert the zone 2 back / 3 out top.

many teams do play 3 guard offense . think BE nova. and invert the zone 2 back / 3 out top.
This team will give away its rebounding advantage by playing three guards for any extended time.

This team will give away its rebounding advantage by playing three guards for any extended time.

I thought Battle had a couple of nice steals during that time. It's a bit scary, but we can do it. For short periods.

I thought Battle had a couple of nice steals during that time. It's a bit scary, but we can do it. For short periods.
Very short. Battle is an average rebounder at best given his size and athleticism. The frontcourt players on this team are all very good to excellent rebounders; I think you need three of them on the floor most of the time, especially considering the number of black holes there are on this offense.

I wouldn’t say we are dead and I wouldn’t say Marek can’t play Center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom