EMU Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

EMU Game Thread...

Tied game at half.

Tyus needs to wake up and stop settling on the perimeter.

Total fail for the coaching staff. Our team has no strategy, no clue how to attack a 2-3 zone. Every possession a carbon copy of just passing the ball around the perimeter at the top of the zone until the shot clock runs down to 2 seconds and launch a long 3. No penetration. No flashing to the free throw line (like everyone does to us). Pathetic. Murphy's team played much smarter and despite less talent is tied at the half.

Brissett needs more looks.

That kid can actually create high percentage shots. But he misses them at a higher percentage than any player that I can remember. I just don't get it.

Our ball movement was much better with Washington on the floor. He’s quicker with his passes and has better vision than our other guards. It’s maddening watching this team NOT push the ball on the break. Howard dribbles like he’s in quicksand. Battle and Howard have no change of speed dribbles and are easily corralled in transition.

That kid can actually create high percentage shots. But he misses them at a higher percentage than any player that I can remember. I just don't get it.
He is a mystery.

I've been watching SU basketball for a looooong time and this is, by far, the most inept shooting SU team I've seen. Chukwu is the leading scorer at the half???? 23.8%, 16.7% from 3. Pathetic.

No discussion of Sidibe in street clothes? It's looking more and more like he's done for the year.

If these dudes could shoot they wouldn’t lose a game. Oh well...

It’s not that simple. They aren’t trying to even penetrate to get any good/easier looks.

I am okay with the rebuilding.
The program is moving in the right direction.
What is bothersome is how we attack halfcourt offensively without Howard Washington on the floor.
We all love JB but man give the keys offensively to an assistant and fix the offensive identity.

He's not doing anything to get the ball. He's been in the corner most of the half.
That was my read too...kind of like what Moyer often does.

Spatola is probably going to hammer us on Sirius whenever he is on next. The guy knows his basketball. Can only imagine what is true thoughts after witnessing our offense in person.

I agree with others and give Howard Washington more playmaking opportunities 2H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom