EMU/Mich | Syracusefan.com

EMU/Mich

TDTOrange

Starter
Our old pal Rob Murphy is knocking on the door of giving UM back to back bad losses. Of course he's using the same 2-3 zone that got torched when we played UM.

1 min left on ESPNU 45-42 EMU.

Reactions: cto
And now of course that little scrub Spike Albrecht throws the ball away.

EMU really plays JB's zone well. They were lucky Michigan shot 4 for 21 from 3pt range. Go Rob Murphy win the MAC and get a better job.

Lucky or did they learn from our game against them? Murph said that they studied both our game from last week, and the final 4 game to get to know what they'd run. Obviously there are always the open shots that either go in or don't. Plus that little $#!^ Albrecht makes everything when he sees Orange.

Seriously, The EMU zone was MUCH better the JB's tonight.
(and mich crapped the bed)

Spike looked like an all american against us and tonight just a complete chump

If you only score 45 you need the other team to have an off night to win. I am happy for Rob Murphy and really hope he makes the NCAA tournament. They played great zone D and dominated the glass to restrict UM's 2nd chance points.
UM killed us on the glass but we dominated them in the post.

Spike looked like an all american against us and tonight just a complete chump

Hes not very good. Problem is, if you allow him to step into his shot, he's going to hit it, even at 24 feet. This is something we dont stress enough in our zone. we too often allow players to simply start from further back and then catch and shoot while stepping into the shot. some shooters just dont care how far back they are up to 25 feet. its all about the step in and clean look.

some teams never figure this out or dont have the shooter to exploit this. but more and more over the last few years, we are seeing teams shooting a better percentage against the zone. our three point defensive percentage was pretty bad the second half of last year.

Our old pal Rob Murphy is knocking on the door of giving UM back to back bad losses. Of course he's using the same 2-3 zone that got torched when we played UM.

1 min left on ESPNU 45-42 EMU.
Did Michigan really torch us? I remember rebounding struggles, but they struggled shooting.

Did Michigan really torch us? I remember rebounding struggles, but they struggled shooting.

They shot 11/33 which is not torching..but is certainly not bad as a team. you can win alot of games shooting 33 percent against our zone.

albrecht did torch us though. 3-5 from three, with 9 assists and 0 turnovers..because he was allowed to operate without any defensive pressure.

Michigan shot 38% and 33.3 from three against us. We shot 50% and 35% from three both better then them and outrebounded them 36 to 31.
So we lost as a young team on the road to them while shooting pretty good, not a bad loss.

It was the 19 turnovers and 17 offensive boards for michigan(although many were off awful bricks into the 10th row like a flip of the possession arrow), that didn't help.

Michigan just isn't really that good. They have no big man, LeVert/Irvin are ok, but everyone else is pretty terrible

Maybe torched wasn't the right word, and I'm getting it confused with St. Johns lighting us up from deep. I just remember them taking and making a bunch of 3s, because that's what Beliein's teams do. And if I recall, they did shoot a much higher percentage in the 2nd half, which was part of our undoing.

we'll get mich in an NIT rematch.

You specifically, will be eating your words when we find ourselves in the NCAA Tournament. We will get better, and will beat someone maybe even someones we are not expected to beat (Prob also lose to somebody we are expected to beat)

Coming from you a respected of respected posters. I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan for.

You know UCONN and Florida play eachother coming up. You saying they will face eachother again in the NIT too based on their starts.

You specifically, will be eating your words when we find ourselves in the NCAA Tournament. We will get better, and will beat someone maybe even someones we are not expected to beat (Prob also lose to somebody we are expected to beat)

Coming from you a respected of respected posters. I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan for.

You know UCONN and Florida play eachother coming up. You saying they will face eachother again in the NIT too based on their starts.
Jake will forget more than 99% of the posters will contribute over the course of their posting on this board.

If you want to come after people like me you have a chance to get support, but calling out Jake's legitimate opinion is just stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom