EMU/Mich | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EMU/Mich

You specifically, will be eating your words when we find ourselves in the NCAA Tournament. We will get better, and will beat someone maybe even someones we are not expected to beat (Prob also lose to somebody we are expected to beat)

Coming from you a respected of respected posters. I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan for.

You know UCONN and Florida play eachother coming up. You saying they will face eachother again in the NIT too based on their starts.

we'll get mich in an NIT rematch.

[insert popcorn eating gif here]

Jake will forget more than 99% of the posters will contribute over the course of their posting on this board.

If you want to come after people like me you have a chance to get support, but calling out Jake's legitimate opinion is just stupid.

How many wins does Jake have?

(this is complete sarcasm)

Jake will forget more than 99% of the posters will contribute over the course of their posting on this board.

If you want to come after people like me you have a chance to get support, but calling out Jake's legitimate opinion is just stupid.

I think Jake's "Opinion" is going to be wrong come March. I plan to be the first to say, I told you so to him and others.

I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan. 8 games into the season (With many earlier than that).

You think Coach B, the coaching staff, the players are thinking NIT (8 games into the season)

Why should we as fans ?

I think Jake's "Opinion" is going to be wrong come March. I plan to be the first to say, I told you so to him and others.

I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan. 8 games into the season (With many earlier than that).
Who are you to say he will be eating his words when his opinion is fair. His opinion didn't insult any player/coach. Believing we aren't going to make the NCAA is perfectly fair. My god if people believe we aren't going to the NCAA Tournament doesn't make it true or something we don't want to happen.

Get off the high horse and stop acting like legitimate realism that isn't pro-SU isn't allowed. This board isn't an echo chamber its a board for opinions.

Spike looked like an all american against us and tonight just a complete chump

Spike isnt a high level Division 1 player. He avgs like 3 points a game for his career. It may be hard for some on here to beleive, but he is literally 1/10th of what Cooney is.

He has a cool name and had a career night vs us this year and played super in the final 4/champ 2 years ago. Thats about it for his career.

You think Coach B, the coaching staff, the players are thinking NIT (8 games into the season)

Why should we as fans ?

I think JAB is looking at the NIT as a realistic possibility. Why shouldn't he or we?

Why should we as fans ?

And I hate to point it out, but eight games in to the regular season is about 25% of the way through. Just so we can all follow your lead, at what point would you say it's OK to speculate on the future of the team?

I think JAB is looking at the NIT as a realistic possibility. Why shouldn't he or we?
I think JAB tries different motivational techniques with his players to see what works. I'm sure his mind set is only on the next game and how to win it.

And I hate to point it out, but eight games in to the regular season is about 25% of the way through. Just so we can all follow your lead, at what point would you say it's OK to speculate on the future of the team?

As a fan. I evaluate the team throughout the season. Game by Game

Just how I live life, day to day.

Last edited:
As a fan. I evaluate the team throughout the season.

I think that is all that anyone is doing. Evaluating the team 25% of the way through the season. There's no need to question anyone's fanhood or get in to this "I told you so" nonsense.

John Beilein discusses Eastern Michigan's zone: "It's really quick"

Last edited:
CuseHulk said:
As a fan. I evaluate the team throughout the season. Game by Game Just how I live life, day to day.
It's amazing that on short order you've become the board gnat.

Why should we as fans ?
Why don't you call in to JB's radio show? Let's get his opinion.

In any event, no one on this board cares if you'll be the first in line to make SWC "eat his words". Drop the attitude and you'll be taken seriously.

Hate to say it, but the EMU zone was way more active and disruptive than ours looked against Michigan.

There's no reason to be resigned to the NIT this year. But there is reason to be concerned about the number of non-conference losses we have going into a tough conference like the ACC. if we are in double figures in losses on selection Sunday, we could be sweating it out and that's no fun.

It's not about comparing your level of fandom. Everybody here is a fan.

Good for EMU, I was actually rooting for them. My dad went there and I just plain don't like many of the players on UofM's team, and this coming from an alum. Can't stand Albrecht, Doyle, or LeVert.

There's no reason to be resigned to the NIT this year. But there is reason to be concerned about the number of non-conference losses we have going into a tough conference like the ACC. if we are in double figures in losses on selection Sunday, we could be sweating it out and that's no fun.

This is the difference between us and UConn or Florida. They are in conferences where they can reasonably expect to win most of their games.

A scouting job in the NBA really isn't a better job IMO. If he could win the MAC and maybe get an upset in the NCAAT he could get a A-10 or AAC type job and move up the ladder.

I think he wants to follow Weaver's path and work in the NBA, unless he got a really good HC offer.

CuseHulk said:
I think Jake's "Opinion" is going to be wrong come March. I plan to be the first to say, I told you so to him and others. I don't care how much basketball you have seen, or how long you have been a fan. 8 games into the season (With many earlier than that).

So being a 76ers fan I shouldn't resign to the fact they're not going to make the playoffs? What about Knicks fans? Just stop, you sound almost as stupid as the people who trash players.

"Worst Edition", "Gnat".

There is a reason great posters/fans don't post as much or have moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom