EMU/Mich | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

EMU/Mich

Who knows, maybe Jake was half joking? That's how I took it.

CuseHulk reminds me of the younger Mantonio crossed with any number of nameless, angry posters. He has brought diverse worlds together as one.

The original Mantonio must have been even more talented than I recall to carry the torch of positivity for so long without drawing a fraction of the ire CH is drawing.

CuseHulk, I respect your intensity and intestinal fortitude, but some of these folks might be right about trying to avoid making it seem personal. If you do, maybe try some sparring with random folks and work your way up the ranks before trying to get a match for the title belt. That said, I still am offering the idea of a forum for regulated grudge matches with a time limit.

To the folks slurring CuseHulk, I am not seeing your goals being accomplished, and you might want to rethink the example of behavior you're setting for others. Or not. This is one poster's opinion and you're free to carry on as you see fit, but it seems a bit hypocritical to me.

This is where I wish Lawrinson would use his photoshop powers for good, and construct a symbol for threads like this when I want to shine the Mantonio bat symbol to signify we could use his example to restore order where rampant lawlessness has broken out or threatens to do so. WWMD?

CuseHulk said:
"Worst Edition", "Gnat". There is a reason great posters/fans don't post as much or have moved on.

Really? I think there is a great amount of excellent posters in this board, it's a good place to get an education on basketball. You might want to listen more carefully and actually read the posts you're trashing.

People who leave here or any other fan forum may never be forgotten, but you know what, other new members join and leave excellent analysis and comments. When I read the forums here I don't even really pay attention to who I'm responding to, I read, read, and read. If I like something somebody posts or somebody has a good argument on an opinion I have, I see who it is. Nobody is more important than the other, it's not a cheer squad with one cheer captain lining his/hers troops up.

Really? I think there is a great amount of excellent posters in this board, it's a good place to get an education on basketball. You might want to listen more carefully and actually read the posts you're trashing.

People who leave here or any other fan forum may never be forgotten, but you know what, other new members join and leave excellent analysis and comments. When I read the forums here I don't even really pay attention to who I'm responding to, I read, read, and read. If I like something somebody posts or somebody has a good argument on an opinion I have, I see who it is. Nobody is more important than the other, it's not a cheer squad with one cheer captain lining his/hers troops up.

I liked a lot of what you said, but I take issue with part of it because I do indeed cheer for Mantonio's posts. I'm offering to take CuseHulk's beating for him and establish myself as board martyr, kind of like OttoInGrotto is arbiter of nicknames.

Who knows, maybe Jake was half joking? That's how I took it.

CuseHulk reminds me of the younger Mantonio crossed with any number of nameless, angry posters. He has brought diverse worlds together as one.

The original Mantonio must have been even more talented than I recall to carry the torch of positivity for so long without drawing a fraction of the ire CH is drawing.

CuseHulk, I respect your intensity and intestinal fortitude, but some of these folks might be right about trying to avoid making it seem personal. If you do, maybe try some sparring with random folks and work your way up the ranks before trying to get a match for the title belt. That said, I still am offering the idea of a forum for regulated grudge matches with a time limit.

To the folks slurring CuseHulk, I am not seeing your goals being accomplished, and you might want to rethink the example of behavior you're setting for others. Or not. This is one poster's opinion and you're free to carry on as you see fit, but it seems a bit hypocritical to me.

This is where I wish Lawrinson would use his photoshop powers for good, and construct a symbol for threads like this when I want to shine the Mantonio bat symbol to signify we could use his example to restore order where rampant lawlessness has broken out or threatens to do so. WWMD?
If CuseHulk wants to be positive go ahead and god bless him. If he wants to go After people for having opinions that aren't pro-SU that is wrong. NOBODY wants to see us lose or have critical opinions.

I had a back and forth with Jake in the Chad Ford/JB thread but we just agreed to disagree.. If he wants to come after somebody like me who is positive and critical he would be okay. Not one of the fairest posters on this board.
The last thing I would like to see is this board become like MSNBC or Fox where only one perspective is allowed totally backing that side. I love SU FB/BB/sports but I call it the way I see it. If this board becomes one perspective that isn't right.

CuseHulk can be Mr. Pro-SU but calling other people out for fair opinions is wrong that is the frustration from me.

CaptainJ said:
I liked a lot of what you said, but I take issue with part of it because I do indeed cheer for Mantonio's posts. I'm offering to take CuseHulk's beating for him and establish myself as board martyr, kind of like OttoInGrotto is arbiter of nicknames.

Big difference between hulk and Mantonio is that Mantionio doesn't reply to a well thought out post and says it's stupid, wrong, and the persons not a fan. Mantionio posts, cheers, and brings positive energy.

Big difference between hulk and Mantonio is that Mantionio doesn't reply to a well thought out post and says it's stupid, wrong, and the persons not a fan. Mantionio posts, cheers, and brings positive energy.

You summed up my thoughts very well.

You think Coach B, the coaching staff, the players are thinking NIT (8 games into the season)

Why should we as fans ?
We are getting like the NYYankees. 162 one game seasons. After Villanova we have a good stretch to grow and get used to this all in a competetive environment. Even though we have been blessed several times, its not norma,l to have a freshman come in and play like a senior. There is a lot of "there" ,in going from here to there, for a frosh. If we go NIT , we go NIT, not a thing any of us can do. I don't think they will, but I am going to have a lot of fun watching the guys play.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom