End of the game | Syracusefan.com

End of the game

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Wake throws an incomplete pass on 4th down, and the ref clearly indicates on his mic and with hand signals that the flag was on the offense.

Did anybody else think it was weird that Marrone and the SU sideline players did not seem to know that the game was therefore final? The players were on the sideline until the ref announced for the second time that the flag was on Wake.

I don't know, maybe it was just me.

SU coaches were telling the players to get off the field until it was "officially" sorted out.

Noisy in the stands too! Had to extend the angst just a few more seconds. It was a very late flag and I thought I heard offensive pass interference called. Can anyone confirm?

Noisy in the stands too! Had to extend the angst just a few more seconds. It was a very late flag and I thought I heard offensive pass interference called. Can anyone confirm?
The call was offensive pass interference.

Wake throws an incomplete pass on 4th down, and the ref clearly indicates on his mic and with hand signals that the flag was on the offense.

Did anybody else think it was weird that Marrone and the SU sideline players did not seem to know that the game was therefore final? The players were on the sideline until the ref announced for the second time that the flag was on Wake.

I don't know, maybe it was just me.
I think it is a small example of Marrone having complete control of the team. Those guys didnt go anywhere...

We didn't hear the mic. We were still wondering what happened too, although I had seen the guy who threw the flag give a quick hand signal to the ref, so I felt pretty comfortable. That and it was such a blatant penalty. I was glad the ref made the call again.

I agree with AZ. The team has a ton of respect for marrone as it should be. Nothing odd to me. if your not sure the game is over why would you start celebrating?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom