Enfield to USC | Syracusefan.com

Enfield to USC

:)

any other current openings we should worry about?

Glad to see his hobby is going well for him.

Didn't think Hop was just looking to get out of Syracuse. A job in Souhern Cal would be special to him.

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

3) Something bad is hanging over Hop (like the pending investigations) that scared off USC

4) JB has told Hop he's retiring sooner rather than later

Of course 1 and 3 are maybe connected and 2 and 4 are maybe connected, but still.

Of course, there's also:

5) USC is making a cash grab at a hot name who is a potential flash in the pan because he's super hot right now

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

3) Something bad is hanging over Hop (like the pending investigations) that scared off USC

Of course 1 and 3 are maybe connected and 2 and 4 are maybe connected, but still.

Of course, there's also:

5) USC is making a cash grab at a hot name who is a potential flash in the pan because he's super hot right now
Not as hot as his wife!

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

Of course, there's also:

It's 5... and it isn't even close.

Very good hire.

I don't get this hire but then again...I don't really care. Wonder who will be let go first, Kiffin or Endfield? Well at least Enfield's wife can still wear her bikini year round. ;)

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

Of course, there's also:

or 6) Hop has put down deep roots in the community and doesn't want to uproot his family and move his kids to a culture that will be alien to them

For me this really sucks due to the fact that I have worked personally with the man here at fgcu, but I can't begrudge him for moving on. He is his opportunity to make it big so he took it. The fact that he is getting over a 1 million dollar raise and the chance to be at a national program were just to much to keep him here. I wish him the best of luck, and am anxious to see who we hire at Florida gulf coast to replace him, because we still have the talent to do it again.

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

Of course, there's also:

I vote for 5

I have a few friends / sources out in L.A. and they mentioned what they had heard, completely third party sources here so take it for what it's worth,not sure how much info is fact or what is someone at USC thinking they know more than they do, its just what I've heard. USC and hop pretty much had a deal in place, one sticking point was a buyout giving hop the option to come back if desired. They were going to wait until SU was either crowned champion or eliminated before announcing deal, again at hops request. Then all hell broke loose, Georgetown pulled a brainfart of collossal proportions and we kept winning, USC boosters were getting antsy and started pushing for the de facto flavor of the week in Enfield, and we know what boosters mean to USC . So really it's awesome in two ways, Georgetown losing and US continually winning may be what kept him here

So either...

1) Hop was passed over

2) Hop passed on the job

Of course, there's also:

I would add that it could be playing style, too. That was something I think I read, that they wanted to play an entertaining style. They probably wondered if Mike would coach the zone out there. This guy Enfield has a team that runs up and down, pressures the ball and plays an entertaining style. Plus they can get him really cheap. Low risk hire.