Enfield to USC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Enfield to USC

It's not based on two games. Enfield is a genius at teaching basketball fundamentals and can sell ketchup popsicles to women in white gloves. What has Florida State done since he left that program? He took a program still in diapers at a school no one has ever heard of to the Sweet 16 after two years. Whatever USC is paying him is a steal.

Look for USC to quickly become a national basketball powerhouse under Enfield and win their first national title within seven years.

That's some Igor prognosticating right there! If he came to Syracuse or if JB pulled his head out of his ***, we'd win 17 of the next 22 titles (not including this year).

And Autry was rumored to go as his #2 man at USC? Was that right? If so it bodes well for Adrian to hold on and become Mike's #2 here. Does that sound plausible Jake?

Could this be after we win on Monday??

I know this crazy but I think it's dumb to make a program altering decision based on two games.
Its two games more than they had for deciding to go with Hopkins.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

It's not based on two games. Enfield is a genius at teaching basketball fundamentals and can sell ketchup popsicles to women in white gloves. What has Florida State done since he left that program? He took a program still in diapers at a school no one has ever heard of to the Sweet 16 after two years. Whatever USC is paying him is a steal.

Look for USC to quickly become a national basketball powerhouse under Enfield and win their first national title within seven years.

No one in LA gives a about USC basketball. It's a dead end job.

I have to imagine UCLA hiring Alford triggered the impatience in the USC camp, too. USC's job was open earlier, yet their boosters saw the UCLA job filled quickly with a big name hire so they got antsy. Is that assumption off base?

I bet he's not coaching there in 7 years.

Maybe, maybe not. You could say that about all 350+ head coaches in the country.

No one in LA gives a about USC basketball. It's a dead end job.

Not sure what you're point is, but it's a very easy place to recruit to and kids are going to want to play for Enfield at USC. And once you win, people will start paying attention and caring a lot. We've seen that time and again. No one in Las Vegas gave a poop about basketball before Tarkanian. I doubt anyone in Connecticut cared about basketball before Calhoun. Before Coach K everyone in North Carolina was a Tar Heel. No one in Arizona cared about hoops before Olsen. No one paid attention to Florida Gators basketball before Donovan. Etc. etc.

Maybe, maybe not. You could say that about all 350+ head coaches in the country.

Not sure what you're point is, but it's a very easy place to recruit to and kids are going to want to play for Enfield at USC. And once you win, people will start paying attention and caring a lot. We've seen that time and again. No one in Las Vegas gave a poop about basketball before Tarkanian. I doubt anyone in Connecticut cared about basketball before Calhoun. Before Coach K everyone in North Carolina was a Tar Heel. No one in Arizona cared about hoops before Olsen. No one paid attention to Florida Gators basketball before Donovan. Etc. etc.

Ok. You're right. USC basketball will be the talk of the town. Later Lakers.

If he's good enough, he'll go somewhere better. If he's a flop, he'll get fired. He's not going to be there 7 years though, guaranteed.

Even if Enfield does well at USC an ACC or B1G school will overpay for him within 5 to 10 years.