Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mass exodus is testing the length of the subject lines on Syracusefan.com.

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal​

At this point, something is seriously wrong. Wildhack should rip the band-aid off and get rid of Q and bring back Tammi Reiss.

Or we need longer subject lines.

So I heard Emily had planned to bring Cardso with her, and then Cardoso decided to stay. I think she now goes to Louisville,
I really don’t like the sounds of that. That is wrong of Emily to influence anyone to go anywhere. Locker room rebellion? Emily said she had her own personal reasons for leaving and that she owes no explanation for her decision. However if what you were told is true, trying to bring a teammate or teammates with her own ‘personal decision‘ isn’t a good thing to do. A Junior trying to make a package deal with her team’s outstanding freshman - hmm. Not impressed by that at all, again, if true.

Now this is what a mass exodus looks like.

yikes

1619128083838.jpeg

I don't want to discount what Q has accomplished as coach. The program was basically irrelevant for years before he came, besides that one NCAA year with Marianna Freeman. Now he's made the NCAA tourney a yearly expectation.

But it's hard to sugarcoat the entire team wanting to transfer.
That would seem to indicate some sort of culture problem as others have already commented in this thread.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I don't want to discount what Q has accomplished as coach. The program was basically irrelevant for years before he came, besides that one NCAA year with Marianna Freeman. Now he's made the NCAA tourney a yearly expectation.

But it's hard to sugarcoat the entire team wanting to transfer.
That would seem to indicate some sort of culture problem as others have already commented in this thread.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

opening up a spot so Jamie can transfer in

Something's wrong with this program, expecting Williams to go next..Cardoso is huge loss..i like Q but time to let him go, no players of top caliber will come now.
If they are serious about competing for championships, there’s no better time to make a change.

If they are serious about competing for championships, there’s no better time to make a change.
This is Syracuse. I am sure Q's contract will be an issue. I think he might have signed an extension fairly recently- not sure if there is an easy out for SU that wouldn't cost some money and...this is Syracuse.

I am in touch with the athletic department, and they are taking this seriously and looking into things. I think they want to hear from the players, and then let Q know what he needs to do to improve things. I am thinking Q gets another chance. After all he took us to a final four, and has grown this program. Maybe some other staff changes. IMHO I think another female coach to replace one of the lower coaches. I also don't see them getting rid of Von. He is the x and o's person. But maybe Q needs a female associate head coach thrown in there. Either way, they are not ignoring this. It is being addressed.
I just wanted to let you all know that. Let's wait and see what happens. Of course emails still might help. I just wanted to update as much as I am able to, and reassure you all.
Thanks for sharing, Linda.

I am in touch with the athletic department, and they are taking this seriously and looking into things. I think they want to hear from the players, and then let Q know what he needs to do to improve things. I am thinking Q gets another chance. After all he took us to a final four, and has grown this program. Maybe some other staff changes. IMHO I think another female coach to replace one of the lower coaches. I also don't see them getting rid of Von. He is the x and o's person. But maybe Q needs a female associate head coach thrown in there. Either way, they are not ignoring this. It is being addressed.
I just wanted to let you all know that. Let's wait and see what happens. Of course emails still might help. I just wanted to update as much as I am able to, and reassure you all.
Another female coach to replace Tammi, there should be a mix in the coaching staff in the very least. Thank you for the update

This is just terrible how do you survive this as a coach? It’s unacceptable

So let's say Coach Q gets the hook. Who in the world would replace him? Any ideas? Yeah, me either. Tammi Reiss just signed an extension and is doing quite well at Rhode Island. We're in total rebuild mode now, who would want to take that over?

So let's say Coach Q gets the hook. Who in the world would replace him? Any ideas? Yeah, me either. Tammi Reiss just signed an extension and is doing quite well at Rhode Island. We're in total rebuild mode now, who would want to take that over?
How about Delisha Milton-Jones?

Well I think we're in a lot better shape than before Q was here at least. It's been proven you can win consistently here. I would think there'd be interested candidates. Many new coaches go into rebuilding situations.

I'm in agreement with llandz-- I think the athletic dept checks in with past players from the last two years. Find out all they need to find out, tell Q what he needs to do to improve, but ultimately give him another chance.

If Q were to stay as HC I think Q needs to change tactics completely. Over the past 2-3 years it seems like he has lost himself. All of us fans want to be successful/elite just as much as he does. But first and foremost the culture needs to change and be rooted around what Syracuse Athletics is-- fun & family. We need to see a more humble Q, one that takes accountability for his actions. Not one thats prideful, demeaning/belittling/harassing/throwing stuff around the locker room/charging at women screaming his face off.

If I'm ADJW I am making Q get rid of some male staff and bring in promising female coaches/managers that are going to elevate Syracuse women's basketball and get us to the program we need to be and were headed towards until Tammi Reiss left. If I had to choose anyone else to replace Q it would be Tammi. I don't think that will be the case in this situation though.

Also, reading that article that came out yesterday about why so many players have transferred out to ACC rival schools just didn't sit right with me. Felt like he was either A) being delusional, B) prideful, or C) a mix of the both. It felt like he was trying to just brush everything under the rug as if everything is okay, "they only switched for academic/geographical opportunities." While that may be part of the reason they left, I definitely don't think is what was the deciding factor.

She left SU after 1 year to take over Old Dominion and is in her 2nd year as head coach. I guess she would be a possibility, an unknown one at that.
Did the players relate to her? I didn't get any warm fuzzy feelings here. I always wondered why she left so quickly. Yes it was ahead position, but maybe she didn't like the way our program was run.

I don't find this reassuring. It's SU. First you get another chance...and then another chance...and then another- minimal accountability with leadership that is as clueless as it is craven but I guess it is no different than the academic side.

I don't find this reassuring. It's SU. First you get another chance...and then another chance...and then another- minimal accountability with leadership that is as clueless as it is craven but I guess it is no different than the academic side.
Are you even an SU fan? This is a Syracuse fan message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom