Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he should have gotten his last contract for purely basketball reasons-have never been impressed with his use of personnel, his game strategies or the manner in which he constructed his teams...But this is SU so the standard response to any suggestion that a coach is missing the mark is "get a life."

Maybe the administration will now be forced to act or perhaps there are clauses in the contract that will eliminate the University's financial obligations?

According to the article they did go to the administration. A very damning article , way too disturbing to be dismissed. Not good. The article says as recruiting improved since 2016, Q’s behavior worsened, often telling the players that he was the star. Uggh. An article shouldn’t have disclosed this info - the administration should have known and addressed it years ago.
People here are in love with Wildhack. I get it. He's been a poster here. He's an SU alum.

But where there is this much smoke with this many student-athletes, there's usually fire. No matter what Tiana or a few others may say.

Since the team is in Charlotte for the ACC media days, I decided to see who is left and on the team. We have 2 forwards and 10 guards. I have no idea how we will ever complete in the ACC with this roster. Time will tell and hoping for the best.

No matter the situation; I feel like we should support the players.
None of this was their doing!
6F059751-DCA3-4DDC-9C8D-22A5D3AA99C6.gif

I haven’t heard much about Teisha Hyman, who redshirted because of injury last year. She played about a half the game as a freshman (2019-2020) after Tiana was hurt before her season ended early, then spent last year as a redshirt with the injury. She stayed at SU but wondering how she has been recuperating, she seemed to be a promising freshman.

Yet another experienced and productive guard addition; we will sure have really good guard play. We still need more inside size!

Since the team is in Charlotte for the ACC media days, I decided to see who is left and on the team. We have 2 forwards and 10 guards. I have no idea how we will ever complete in the ACC with this roster. Time will tell and hoping for the best.
2 fowards and 11 guards now?

Saw the box score for a South Carolina game - crazy because I watched part of the game against NC State forgetting that Kamilla Cardosa transferred there. From the box score, she didn’t start but played 16 minutes scoring just 2 points. I was thinking how she would fare under our renewed run, press strategy under Coach Vann. I think she could have stayed a good fit here - running the court well was one of her best assets. She would have had to up her conditioning but I would have loved seeing her play under this current system.

Emily Engstler is playing right now and starting for Louisville against Arizona. She has continued to totally change her body and finally looks like a fit and well conditioned athlete. She was the source of my greatest frustration her first 2 years here. So much talent and potential but so out of shape. For her sake I’m glad she has taken the steps to maximize her conditioning. So far I don’t see her getting the scoring opportunities she did here, her impact appears to be more on the boards and facilitating. She wasn’t on the court at the end of the game in Louisville’s unexpected loss in OT.

Can see the freshman today. Lattimore with Texas at 3:00 ESPN v. Stanford and Day Wilson (and Finklea) with Duke at 2:00 ACCNX.

Saw the box score for a South Carolina game - crazy because I watched part of the game against NC State forgetting that Kamilla Cardosa transferred there. From the box score, she didn’t start but played 16 minutes scoring just 2 points. I was thinking how she would fare under our renewed run, press strategy under Coach Vann. I think she could have stayed a good fit here - running the court well was one of her best assets. She would have had to up her conditioning but I would have loved seeing her play under this current system.
she played 6 minutes last night...hope she is at peace with her decision...

Poor kid. I feel badly for her. She should be one of the best players in the country, vying for AA honors. What a shame.
She is a sophomore behind the best player in the country in Boston at the best team in the country.

She got a freebie year last year and this year gets to play behind the likely POY with Beuckers hurt and gets a good chance to win a NC then take over as the starter next year.

It’s perfect for her. Women’s basketball players don’t leave school early she is in the perfect spot.

Putting up all-American numbers as an underclass player doesn’t help you leave school early in women’s basketball.
She is getting to win on the number 1 team in the country.

Also my favorite player we lost Engstler helped Louisville beat Uconn.
The men’s team could use multiple players with Engstler attitude. She is tough and does all the dirty work and doesn’t act like she expects to play the whole game and uses her energy that way.

She is a sophomore behind the best player in the country in Boston at the best team in the country.

She got a freebie year last year and this year gets to play behind the likely POY with Beuckers hurt and gets a good chance to win a NC then take over as the starter next year.

It’s perfect for her. Women’s basketball players don’t leave school early she is in the perfect spot.

Putting up all-American numbers as an underclass player doesn’t help you leave school early in women’s basketball.
She is getting to win on the number 1 team in the country.

Also my favorite player we lost Engstler helped Louisville beat Uconn.
The men’s team could use multiple players with Engstler attitude. She is tough and does all the dirty work and doesn’t act like she expects to play the whole game and uses her energy that way.
IMHO, a player of her caliber playing 6 minutes in a game is less than perfect.

You only get 5 years to play college ball (these days). She is essentially sacrificing one waiting for her chance to play. She already went through what had to be a brutal year last season, stuck with disfunctional team where everyone hated everyone, and most hated the coach.

Add in dealing with the COVID protocols, no in person classes, no fans in the stands, and being forced to spend almost all her time stuck in her dorm room.

So now 2 of her 5 years are largely lost. I think she is a terrific player who deserves better.

Happy for Emily, who I agree was a joy to watch and is easily the player I miss most from all the players who left the program. I can't bring myself to watch her play in that horrific UL uniform, but I am glad she is doing well.

i dont feel bad for her. She made her bed now she has to sleep in it. She sold out
I hear you.

She at least waited a long time before she announced she was leaving. I assume she thought long and hard about staying. Based on what I have heard went on last season though, I understand why she left.

She is a kid. A very large, very talented kid. Wish she stayed, can't bring myself to watch her play for SC, but I wish her well.

I hear you.

She at least waited a long time before she announced she was leaving. I assume she thought long and hard about staying. Based on what I have heard went on last season though, I understand why she left.

She is a kid. A very large, very talented kid. Wish she stayed, can't bring myself to watch her play for SC, but I wish her well.
yea Q messed up for sure.

IMHO, a player of her caliber playing 6 minutes in a game is less than perfect.

You only get 5 years to play college ball (these days). She is essentially sacrificing one waiting for her chance to play. She already went through what had to be a brutal year last season, stuck with disfunctional team where everyone hated everyone, and most hated the coach.

Add in dealing with the COVID protocols, no in person classes, no fans in the stands, and being forced to spend almost all her time stuck in her dorm room.

So now 2 of her 5 years are largely lost. I think she is a terrific player who deserves better.

Happy for Emily, who I agree was a joy to watch and is easily the player I miss most from all the players who left the program. I can't bring myself to watch her play in that horrific UL uniform, but I am glad she is doing well.
Agree about Cardosa , Boston will still be there next year too. As I posted earlier they are only losing 2 players and both are guards. She would be a difference maker for not only SU but so many other programs. Coming off the bench this year and probably next year is a waste. No doubt she’s getting great practice competition and coaching but it has to be frustrating to just watch others play when in 99% of other D1 programs she’d be playing big minutes.

This video popped up in my Youtube recommendations at 4:30 AM and was like she looks familiar...WAIT, IS THAT DIGNA?! Who knew Digna was dating a famous Youtuber? Get you someone who cheers for you like the way Kai was cheering for Digna LMAO
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 4.38.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 4.45.04 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online