Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Engstler, Blackstone, Washington, Lewis, Djaldi-Tabdi, Finklea-Guity, Strautmane, Fitzmaurice, McNeil, Huijbens, Fisher, Cardoso in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I want her to go to another team but isn't it odd that Cardoso hasn't been picked up yet? I figured she'd get swooped up within a couple of days. Fingers crossed that she changes her mind and decides to come back.
Not odd at all, she probably has received many offers and if she is smart doing review of programs and coaches before she makes decision. Deciding too quickly is not best.

Not odd at all, she probably has received many offers and if she is smart doing review of programs and coaches before she makes decision. Deciding too quickly is not best.
She took down CuseWBB from her Instagram too. I agree she is likely weighing a number of offers and is no rush to pick one.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right here. Too bad though, it's such a disappointment to lose her.

IMO, we still need another quality big for next season; otherwise teams will be able to pound it inside on us all game. There are still numerous transfers in the portal. We can’t truly replace Kamilla, with her size and talent. However, another experienced post player will help as the young talent develops.

Wow, SC truly emerges as a very strong candidate for one of the national powers for this coming season!

I don't think it's about the weather or quality of teams. Women's college sports are just different in the South.
I will say it would be nice if people actually showed up for the women's games. They have been a really good team. They are fun to watch for the most part. Inexpensive entertainment in Syracuse and you can park nearby for the women's games.

Maud Huijbens to Gonzaga.

AE544773-AE3A-466B-B333-5DEA72A3BFA0.jpeg

So I'll say the damn thing, disparity in women's college bball is palpable. For Syracuse to compete they have to recruit players from other countries and none of this bodes well for the program.

Many American colleges recruit the world for players, including The Gonzaga men’s team. It’s recruiting and developing the players you bring in that is most important coupled with building team unity. This many team transfers, in one season, makes future recruiting even more problematic, IMO!

Reactions: FAL
Wonder what Tiana thinks of all this occurring, what her thoughts are?
She clearly would have more insight into “why” this is occurring. But regardless, I’d have to think her first thought or emotion would be of sadness. I think she loved SU and to see the team just dissolve and disperse would have to sting after fighting through cancer, rooting her teammates on, and then playing with them in her last season here. But again, I don’t think it would be a surprise...just sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom