Ennis blurb from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Ennis blurb from ESPN

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
Predictions for next year:

Paul Biancardi: Count on Tyler Ennis to excel as a freshman despite having a major responsibility as the new point guard at Syracuse. It's a difficult learning curve in general to go from high school to the college game, but when you have to be responsible for leading a storied program in your first year, that's pressure. With first-year players there will always be bumps along the way, but look for Ennis to stay even-keeled when he is tested the most. Ennis certainly has the talent but more important, he has the maturity and poise to handle the floor-general spot as Syracuse heads into the ACC.

Really hoping that Ennis is the right player at the right time. There's a lot riding on him if we're going to enjoy the type of success we've been spoiled with recently.

One positive is it seems JB got the guy he wanted. Seems like Tyler was JBs first choice.

Interestingly, ESPN does not seem to agree with JBs choice, they have Rysheed ranked ahead of Tyler.

One positive is it seems JB got the guy he wanted. Seems like Tyler was JBs first choice.

Interestingly, ESPN does not seem to agree with JBs choice, they have Rysheed ranked ahead of Tyler.
It is very possibly that Rysheed s the better player, but that Tyler is the better player for SU.

It is very possibly that Rysheed s the better player, but that Tyler is the better player for SU.
Let's hope its not a repeat of the year we got Josh Wiright... I remember there were three really good east coast points. We got Wright, Seton Hall (was it shaheen holloway?) got one who ended up being the best of the bunch and I forget who got the third. Everyone said JB got the one he wanted then to... and then well look how that turned out.

Not saying this is anything like that at all... what the hell happened to the hall? Wasn't that the year they had the #1 recruiting class in the country?

Let's hope its not a repeat of the year we got Josh Wiright... I remember there were three really good east coast points. We got Wright, Seton Hall (was it shaheen holloway?) got one who ended up being the best of the bunch and I forget who got the third. Everyone said JB got the one he wanted then to... and then well look how that turned out.

Not saying this is anything like that at all... what the hell happened to the hall? Wasn't that the year they had the #1 recruiting class in the country?
No, it was Price to UConn and Lowry to Villanova.

Well... I wanted Jordan too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not a chance. The problem with Josh Wright was his attitude and his extracurricular activities. He didn't play, so he sulked and didn't work hard. He was no where near ready, physically, to play with the big boys.

For the Hall, Holloway, Ty Shine, someone else, and Eddie Griffin in 1999 or 2000.

The last member of that class caused a bit of trouble.

Ennis has the dribbling skill to break his man down that josh wright didn't, and hes faster. He outplayed Jordan and held him to 4 second half points just a few weeks ago in a all star game.

How many freshman point guards have we had come in who have had to start from the outset?

McNamara, Jason Hart and Pearl? Have there been others?

Obviously we had a year we would love to see repeated Gerry's frosh year. The other two not so much, but I am not sure either had the supporting cast that Tyler will have.

Was Pearl a freshman starter or soph?

flynn and edelin were also pretty good in recent years.

Edelin didn't start any games as a frosh. Flynn did, that was a good call, but it was an NIT year for the team. Of course there were also significant injuries that played into that result.

How many freshman point guards have we had come in who have had to start from the outset?

Obviously we had a year we would love to see repeated Gerry's frosh year. The other two not so much, but I am not sure either had the supporting cast that Tyler will have.
Autry, Flynn and the unfortunate Michael Edwards who started after the realization the Stevie was not a PG. Triche started as a frosh with Andy so was the PG that year (though Scoop played a lot also). Scoop started several games as a frosh. Bottom line I like getting a PG that can start as a frosh.

No, it was Price to UConn and Lowry to Villanova.

Actually it was Holloway, Lowry and Wright.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I think you might have holloway andandre barret mixed up...holloway graduated in 200o

Ennis has the dribbling skill to break his man down that josh wright didn't, and hes faster. He outplayed Jordan and held him to 4 second half points just a few weeks ago in a all star game.

Yes, but MJ is 50 something years old :)

We also have a knack for taking a guy out of mothballs and then plugging them in and having them excel a la Lazarus Sims, Sherm, MCW, even Andy Rautins to some extent

I think you might have holloway andandre barret mixed up...holloway graduated in 200o

It was Hart to SU, Holloway to the Hall, Kevin Morris to Geo TEch

Wright to SU, Lowry to Villanova, Price to UConn

Actually it was Holloway, Lowry and Wright.

Sent using my Commodore 64
I thought that was a first to commit situation. I didn't think that JBs first choice was Josh. I believe the exact opposite of what Orangefoo is claiming. That is why I mentioned it as a positive in the first place.

I felt this past year was going to go down a similar path. We had a desperate need for pg and wouldn't have been able to wait out an Ennis Spring decision. The good news to me was that we were able to get JBs (and Francis') top choice and avoid a first person to commit scenario.

I have considered JB to be a first rate talent evaluator. He hasn't always been able to get who he wants. But when he does the odds for success rise substantially.

Andre Barrett, that's the point guard from the 2000-2001 freshman class, good call.