Ennis headed back to the D-League. 2 questions ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis headed back to the D-League. 2 questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was NEVER going to get drafted higher than he did. He was NEVER going to learn more at SU. What he needs can't be taught: more height and quickness. Staying longer would have just taken the shine off, and put him into the 2nd Rd or free agency when he left.
From a basketball/money perspective, his decision was as right as Grant's was wrong.

When it comes to the size of the paycheck he could command, I think you are right. Unfortunately, for him and for us, he has probably played his last significant ball in front of a large crowd. How much 2 or 3 more years in front of large crowds and on national TV is worth is something for him to gage.

If you asked D1 players if they would rather be sitting the bench in the NBA or playing in college, what % do you think would pick college? I'm going with less than 10% and I'm including all 300+ D1 teams.

People are freaking out too much. I watched him play minutes against the Heat and he looked very solid for a rookie and everybody noticed, including the announcers. He will be the same player in the NBA that he was for us. The Suns know he's good and so does the rest of the NBA. There are only 200 or so players around the league. Every minute he plays is watched by every pro personnel scout on every team. Teams know what's up and he will get an opportunity.

I would bet if you asked him, Ennis does not regret his decision. Like, at all.

I Get that it's aa college board and there's an intrinsic bias, but the takes some people have are...questionable at best.

II also feel that if you don't like or watch the nba, that kind of invalidates your opinion.

You're funny with this stuff. Even a lot of the bad to mediocre teams in the NBA are still fun to watch.

That's not true in college hoops.

The Knicks and Sixers are fun to watch, even when the good teams play, what do those games mean when everyone makes the playoffs?

The Knicks and Sixers are fun to watch, even when the good teams play, what do those games mean when everyone makes the playoffs?
What are you even talking about now?

Here is a song that fit's the TE situation well, if you follow the printed lyrics til the end. After decades of wishing, my prayers were answered when I saw this live in 2011 at Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary concert in Alpine Valley, Wisconsin when Chris Cornell from Soundgarden made a surprise appearance(it too, is on you****).

I just reflected on how close I came to literally saying hello to Heaven on the drive there from Denver. I was hit by a deer at 80 miles per hour, but apparently the force was still strong within me then.

Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" comes to mind too, but for much, much more than the title. I think this song does the situation justice.

That's a damn fast deer......just sayin'.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._tyler_ennis_headed_back_to_nba_d-league.html

1. Why not trade him ?
2. Why draft him in the first place ?

Behind. Eric Bledsoe, and Isaiah Thomas both PG'S. Goran Drajic who can and has played some PG.

Please trade him. Give him a chance to play somewhere. You telling me he is not good enough to play minutes in the NBA on another team ?

How would you know ? When you look who is he stuck playing behind.

When he was drafted Bledsoe was a pending FA, Dragic a year away from FA, and Thomas wasn't even on the roster.

I would argue that while the players are better in the D League, coaching and strategy aren't even close to college.

Have you ever watched a full NBA D League game? Didn't think so.

The coaching on average might be better in the D-league, but I would think Boeheim is a better coach than most, if not all, of the guys in the D-League (since we're talking about Tyler specifically).

I'm not sure if the Suns have their own affiliate or not, but for the teams that do, they also like to try new stuff out at the d-league level before bringing it tot he NBA. Also, I'm pretty sure Phoenix, or any team that drafts an SU player, would like to get them out of the zone and playing man to man defense ASAP.

Wait, did you really just ask a question, and not wait for a response because you're that certain you're right?

It's not.

D League is awful basketball. There is zero defense played.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._tyler_ennis_headed_back_to_nba_d-league.html

1. Why not trade him ?
2. Why draft him in the first place ?

Behind. Eric Bledsoe, and Isaiah Thomas both PG'S. Goran Drajic who can and has played some PG.

Please trade him. Give him a chance to play somewhere. You telling me he is not good enough to play minutes in the NBA on another team ?

How would you know ? When you look who is he stuck playing behind.

One-and-done in the NBA too!

SUFan44 said:
D League is awful basketball. There is zero defense played.

The defense isn't stellar but learning more about the 2-3 zone isn't going to help much either.

That's a damn fast deer...just sayin'.

It was night and I was running late, or I could have tested him for steroids if I had the proper equipment. Do you carry that stuff on you, Hunter? ;)

And that means you know he hasn't watched a D League game?

You can think whatever you want about me that you want. And troll my posts all you want too, I honestly could care less.

Anyone who thinks NBA D League basketball is more competitive than college basketball clearly hasn't seen a D League game.

SUFan44 said:
You can think whatever you want about me that you want. And troll my posts all you want too, I honestly could care less. Anyone who thinks NBA D League basketball is more competitive than college basketball clearly hasn't seen a D League game.

Which is why people are questioning you.

SUFan44 said:
That's a very simplistic view on things.

Is it? How much defense is Ennis going to learn at Syracuse. Honestly.

Is it? How much defense is Ennis going to learn at Syracuse. Honestly.

You don't learn defense, unless you are talking about our zone, defense is about effort for the most part

You don't learn defense, unless you are talking about our zone, defense is about effort for the most part

False. While effort certainly is huge, there is far more strategy playing good man to man in the NBA. The rotations and necessary switches create much more complexity for defenses to deal with.

I know, this is pretty ground breaking stuff I just said and I must be a h8r of syracuse because of it.

You can think whatever you want about me that you want. And troll my posts all you want too, I honestly could care less.

Anyone who thinks NBA D League basketball is more competitive than college basketball clearly hasn't seen a D League game.
I'm not trolling you, and at no point have I made any statement suggesting anything I might think about you.

If you go back and look over my responses to you, you might see that I'm actually trying to help you be more consistent and present a better argument. Right now, it looks to me like you're focusing on making a point, but you don't see how the way you presented something earlier is hurting your argument.

I actually want to have a good discussion about this. I think you're up to it and have some reasonable points to make. Let's step back for a minute and get organized and have a better discussion this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.