Ennis is the best Frosh from Canada! | Syracusefan.com

Ennis is the best Frosh from Canada!

I'm impressed with Randall(UK) and Parker(Duke) Gordon (Az) but not Wiggins.

I'd take Wiggins any day of the week

Gotta love the fans chanting "overrated" did they forget he has a $160,000,000 contract on the table from Adidas the day he declares for the draft

Right now, one of Parker or Randle is the best freshman in the country. But for our needs, Ennis is the best freshman we could have. I am not 100% confident I would want any of Wiggy, Jabari, Randle over our established and possibly All American CJ Fair.

I know of their talent and upside, but I would trust CJ in the tourney over any of them right now. That's not to say they don't end up matured, ready come this March.

I'd take Wiggins any day of the week

Gotta love the fans chanting "overrated" did they forget he has a $160,000,000 contract on the table from Adidas the day he declares for the draft
It's untrue and stems from a hoax letter.

Last edited:
Right now, one of Parker or Randle is the best freshman in the country. But for our needs, Ennis is the best freshman we could have. I am not 100% confident I would want any of Wiggy, Jabari, Randle over our established and possibly All American CJ Fair.

I know of their talent and upside, but I would trust CJ in the tourney over any of them right now. That's not to say they don't end up matured, ready come this March.
Agreed +1! (Randle could have found a few min;))

Its more the guard play than him IMO. Wiggins does some crazy stuff on a team with a bunch of guards that have some skills but have no idea how to play. They don't get him the ball where or when they should and the forwards feed the post better than them most of the time. KU lost this game because of turnovers and Wiggins has kept them in it till the end. Still he doesn't seem to know how to assert himself early in games and he gets a little out of control at times driving. I think he is a great talent however and like MCW the NBA game will actually make him look better than he does in college.

Its more the guard play than him IMO. Wiggins does some crazy stuff on a team with a bunch of guards that have some skills but have no idea how to play. They don't get him the ball where or when they should and the forwards feed the post better than them most of the time. KU lost this game because of turnovers and Wiggins has kept them in it till the end. Still he doesn't seem to know how to assert himself early in games and he gets a little out of control at times driving. I think he is a great talent however and like MCW the NBA game will actually make him look better than he does in college.
I agree completely with your assessment. Put him with a PG that can get him the ball in the NBA and watch out!

I agree with all of that but the only reason I wouldn't trade CJ for Parker is because CJ has been here for 4 years Parker is a better player right now IMO. Its hard to admit but he has a better handle, bangs better and has a better back to the basket game.

So far he's been a smaller Blake Griffin, all style not a lot of substance.

Although Griffin had supper elite athletic ability plus a crazy high motor as a freshman but you're dead on same type of players just Griffin was better at it with less talent around him at the same point.

Although Griffin had supper elite athletic ability plus a crazy high motor as a freshman but you're dead on same type of players just Griffin was better at it with less talent around him at the same point.
Right now if we had to match up with Zona, Gordon would probably be one of the players that worries me the least.

Right now if we had to match up with Zona, Gordon would probably be one of the players that worries me the least.

Agreed. Johnson, Ashley and Jefferson are the 3 that I would see really giving us problems which could free Gordon up in the middle for rebounds.

Agreed. Johnson, Ashley and Jefferson are the 3 that I would see really giving us problems which could free Gordon up in the middle for rebounds.
McConnell is the one who worries me a bit, he has the ability to get his own shot but he also can get all the others listed evolved. He is also a solid defender that could mess with us when Ennis isn't in the game

McConnell is the one who worries me a bit, he has the ability to get his own shot but he also can get all the others listed evolved. He is also a solid defender that could mess with us when Ennis isn't in the game

I like him as well

You just have to be careful not to downgrade Wiggins only because he is failing to live it up to hype he could not control.

He is still a very good player, just not a superstar. Ennis is great for this team, and given our lack of a PG I would choose Ennis for Syracuse. Bot for most other teams, I would take Wiggins no doubt.

Wiggins has looked solid in the second half tonight. He has a season high 24 as well as a season high 11 boards.
he shut down Prather who has been averaging 19 a game

So far he's been a smaller Blake Griffin, all style not a lot of substance.

I think Griffin kinda gets a bad rap. I think people like to say he's all dunks and nothing else because that's all that's showed on ESPN. He's got tremendous footwork for a big man, very good passing ability and ball-handling for a big man, and he's improving as both a shooter and a defender. This year, he's been one of the best post defenders in the NBA in terms of points per possession, and he's been an above average shooter from mid-range this year and continues to be one of the best pick-and-roll scorers. I would be ecstatic to have him on my team.

Wait until March. I don't want any part of KU...
I feel like that's what everyone says, but until I see consistent guard play I will remain skeptical. They shoot under 30% from behind the arc and 67% from the line which is not going to cut it in the NCAAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom