Ennis - It hit me today. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis - It hit me today.

Ennis gets teed upView attachment 6166
Damn, bro that's a fun looking tee you've got there. Little retro 1978 disco vibe.
And Disco Stu likes Disco music, or so I have been told.
disco_stu2.gif

Not sure I people realize that he just toys with whom ever is guarding him. He can get to the basket virtually at will. He's as. Good as SU has had here.
He really can. Seems that when he gets pressured is the sure fire chance for him to get around the defender. I think he's going to start initiating the penetration from time to time, but when he's pressured, it's almost always a bad thing for the defense.

tyler is a unique talent. i'm completely comfortable with the ball in his hands. yes he made some bonehead passes today and yes his D still needs some work. and yes he was shut out today. but the kid shows promise.

are you talking about today's St John's game? He had 21 points? He also only has 9 turnovers on the ENTIRE SEASON. How many bonehead passes could he have made?

We have been blessed with some incredible floor generals haven't we? Flynn, Triche, MCW, and now Ennis? Am I the only one who thinks he might stay all four years?

Edelin had Gerry, Anthony Dunay and Warrick around him.

Ennis only had Fair and Grant tonight.

Honestly I can't really think of anyone that you can compare his game to. He is a unique player who is very developed for this stage of his career. I know it's saying a lot, but the only player I can think of is John Stockton
A Right Handed John Lucas

RoysRunts said:
A Right Handed John Lucas

My brother always says Lucas

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

TerryM said:
say what? bro did you watch the same games I did?

He did not

Tyler's basketball IQ is absolutely off the charts. A true floor-general. You cannot force Ty to make a play that HE does not want to. His stingy shot selection is remarkable as well; almost too stingy if you ask me . Game on the line, Tyler is gonna make the right call.

say what? bro did you watch the same games I did?

Edelin could certainly finish but he like a miniature AO, going through laborious moves to back his man down and score over him. Ennis probes for weaknesses in the defense and takes advantages of them when they are there but keeps the ball moving and everyone involved.

Edelin could certainly finish but he like a miniature AO, going through laborious moves to back his man down and score over him. Ennis probes for weaknesses in the defense and takes advantages of them when they are there but keeps the ball moving and everyone involved.
They have no similarities at all other than they both played point guard. Ennis is so much better a player I think people should avoid mentioning them in the same sentence. Comparing them is a joke.

They have no similarities at all other than they both played point guard. Ennis is so much better a player I think people should avoid mentioning them in the same sentence. Comparing them is a joke.

Can I like this 100 times? Anyone comparing Edelin to Ennis really, REALLY needs to take off the Orange beer goggles.

HarrisonJBounel said:
Yeah, Edelin was so good, I forgot all about his NBA career. Wait, what?

Yes because that is the only way to measure a college career. He had his demons but bring fat was not one if them. He was a surgeon at PG and played a huge role in our championship.

H
Yes because that is the only way to measure a college career. He had his demons but bring fat was not one if them. He was a surgeon at PG and played a huge role in our championship.

He was an inconsistent player with some limitations that Tyler does not have

anglerman said:
H He was an inconsistent player with some limitations that Tyler does not have
Inconsistent on staying on the court. When in the court he was as smooth and consistent as they come. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Ennis carried the team at times today. It's amazing how much pressure is on him to run the team, yet he is completely unfazed. If I had to compare him to anyone, I'd say Mo Cheeks.

My only worry is that he's being asked to play so many minutes.

Edelin was one of the best post up guards. Think Andre Miller. Ennis is more dynamic and athletic, but I certainly see similarities. No one was better at the little baseline three foot floater than Edelin, guy rarely used the backboard.

Edelin was fat, slow, and absolutely could not finish.

Sorry, but the comparison is not a good one.

If you don't think Ennis and Edelin are comparable players - fair enough.

But the idea that Billy wasn't a very good finisher around the basket is just crazy to me. Without Billy's finishing, we unquestionably do not win a title in 2003.

Tony Parker. That's who he reminds me of. Anyone else see it?

While he's not there yet with his quickness and speed, TP and TE is a much closer comparison than Edelin. Someone earlier said Mo Cheeks. That is much more in the neighborhood.
If you don't think Ennis and Edelin are comparable players - fair enough.

But the idea that Billy wasn't a very good finisher around the basket is just crazy to me. Without Billy's finishing, we unquestionably do not win a title in 2003.

Edelin had a decent FR year coming off the bench behind GMAC and Duany. After that he never developed, had conditioning issues, off the court problems, and was gone before his senior year.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/syracuse/2003.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/syracuse/2004.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/syracuse/2005.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/syracuse/2006.html

Y'all, except for anglerman, need to get your facts straight instead of making a bunch of crap up, and thinking BE was what you wanted him to be, instead of what he turned out to be.

Once again I ask, if Edelin was so damn good, why didn't he even get a whiff of the NBA?

gerry mac never played in the nba and he was a pretty good college player. stevie thompson.rosie bouie...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom