Ennis leaving is probably the... | Syracusefan.com

Ennis leaving is probably the...

UD1954

Scout Team
right thing for Ennis to do but Shabazz Napier of UConn proves what a college career can do for a NBA future...he's gotten better every year ....

Napier is the perfect pick and roll player.

What has he done for his NBA draft stock? He is still a late 1st round pick at best, and will be fighting to make a team. Not many teams want a shoot first PG with less then a 2:1 Asst to TO ratio

And yet the great Shabazz is NOT a projected lottery pick. He had to stay, he wasn't going first round in the NBA draft.

This game is also showing why the Harrisons aren't solid lottery picks either- neither can handle the ball well.

It's easier to swallow when you accept that the NBA and college hoops are two entirely different games.

My son and I were discussing what UConn's fortunes would have been like had the BE stayed together one more season. Our guess is that they wouldn't be where they are now. The lousy schedule in the American had to have helped pad the record.

Alas, they are where they are. Napier may not be a lottery pick. May never play a minute in the NBA, but if he wins this game tonight - he's a legend.

Shabazz is getting all kinds of attention for sticking around. It wasn't really his choice. He has never been projected as a lottery, and will serve as some example as to why staying n school is worth while despite the fact that he likely would have bolted if he was a lottery pick.

For every 4th year player to work his way into the first round there are tons that don't.

UConn's run has been due to Daniels finally living up to his potential, some good match-ups, and very good defense. I don't think schedule had anything to do with it-they are experienced, have a coach who has the team playing hard, and they have built a ton of confidence in the last month.

Remember they barely survived St. Joe's, and if Martelli's crew would have gotten a decent look at the end of regulation...well that's what makes college hoops so exciting. Survive and advance and who knows what happens.

Do you really think that Ennis is a better player at this point?

Do you really think that Ennis is a better player at this point?

When Ennis is 23 yes he will be the better player. Shabazz is basically a 2 guard

“@BrentAxeMedia: RT @ KingJames: No way u take another PG in the lottery before Napier.”

Napier's hero ball isn't looking so good right now. Boatright's been the best guard tonight.

I would like to have him back, but I will say I don't want him back if he is only going to try and prove to NBA scouts.

MadNY3 said:
Why not? I'll take him back. Yep. Quickly, too.

I have to say I'm a little excited about Joseph. Think he will do well pushing the ball which opens our offensive game a whole lot more.

I have to say I'm a little excited about Joseph. Think he will do well pushing the ball which opens our offensive game a whole lot more.

ya and people will be complaining about turnovers.

just like last year people couldn't wait to get ennis because they were sick of carter-williams jump passes

it's a never ending cycle of looking forward to the next guy

and Boeheim is the one putting the brakes on

Donte Green left early, not in NBA, Jonny Flynn left early not in NBA, Wes Johnson left early just hanging on, Fab Melo left early not in NBA, Dion Waiters left early so far ok, MCW left early so far good. That's just the players from our school, and most of the players who leave early end up out of the NBA after 3 years. The NBA players association should be made to publish every year, the percentage of players who leave early that are still in the league after 3 years.

Whether you think Napier is a lock or not in the NBA, there is little doubt that he improved his play dramatically by staying in college.

Not saying that would be the case with everybody, but I can't help but think that it wouldn't have hurt a few of our early jumpers to have stayed a year or two more.

It definitely helped Napier.

anomander said:
ya and people will be complaining about turnovers. just like last year people couldn't wait to get ennis because they were sick of carter-williams jump passes it's a never ending cycle of looking forward to the next guy and Boeheim is the one putting the brakes on

I for one loved MCW, yeah he had some turnovers but without the risk there is no reward. Saw that a lot this year. Playing a half court offense with this team was painful to watch.

Boeheim may have been putting the breaks on, but if he couldn't find one way to adjust seeing this anemic offense he needs to do something.

Donte Green left early, not in NBA, Jonny Flynn left early not in NBA, Wes Johnson left early just hanging on, Fab Melo left early not in NBA, Dion Waiters left early so far ok, MCW left early so far good. That's just the players from our school, and most of the players who leave early end up out of the NBA after 3 years. The NBA players association should be made to publish every year, the percentage of players who leave early that are still in the league after 3 years.

The NBA doesn't care a flying fig about that kind of thing. There are what, 18 0r 19 players who have already declared early this year? Probably be 20-25 by the time the draft happens. Next year won't be any different.

The NBA doesn't care a flying fig about that kind of thing. There are what, 18 0r 19 players who have already declared early this year? Probably be 20-25 by the time the draft happens. Next year won't be any different.

The NBA doesn't care about it, but college players and their families sure should. I think that's more of what Bagger was getting at.

I also imagine it might help provide useful data for the many such threads on this subject which help drive these boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom