Ennis' one hand, underhand scoop shot... | Syracusefan.com

Ennis' one hand, underhand scoop shot...

Jake

Mod
Is a thing. That's 2-3 times now. It's a crazy sick flip shot that I have no idea how it works.

It's one if those plays basketball players make, that athletes who play basketball can't.

Sick sick sick basket.

I absolutely love Ennis (even though he is Canadian), but he does miss a lot of layups. This one in particular was ver pretty. Its funny the shots he does hit and then the reverse he missed earlier in the second half.

He needs to more aggressive on offense. 7 shots in a game isn't enough, I get the feeling he can score whenever he wants to. He was trying to hard to get others involved. In a game like this SU needed points and I wish he had taken over ten minutes before he actually did He's the best offensive threat SU has and there's times where he needs to have a score first mentality.

He seems to miss every layup where he tries to go under the rim to finish on the other side. Probably hitting about 15% of those. He needs more english!

He needs to more aggressive on offense. 7 shots in a game isn't enough, I get the feeling he can score whenever he wants to. He was trying to hard to get others involved. In a game like this SU needed points and I wish he had taken over ten minutes before he actually did He's the best offensive threat SU has and there's times where he needs to have a score first mentality.

Good point. A PG has to be able to score, or they will just play him to pass and take away his game. He'll learn to be a little more "selfish" at the right times.

They were daring him to take an outside shot. I only remember him taking one.

He seems to miss every layup where he tries to go under the rim to finish on the other side. Probably hitting about 15% of those. He needs more english!

Just needs to get stronger.

Would like to see him push a few more times in transition. It maintains aggressiveness and puts the defense back on its heels. Like the dunk he missed on St Johns. Even though he missed, it said "I'm coming at you." We need some more attitude and swagger. Opponents should fear us a bit more than I think they do.

Would like to see him push a few more times in transition. It maintains aggressiveness and puts the defense back on its heels. Like the dunk he missed on St Johns. Even though he missed, it said "I'm coming at you." We need some more attitude and swagger. Opponents should fear us a bit more than I think they do.

Agreed. We had major problems vs this defense. Florida State for example has even more size. Much better defensively than Miami or UNC. Ennis is going to have to turn it on more vs the FSU/Pitt types.

Agreed. We had major problems vs this defense. Florida State for example has even more size. Much better defensively than Miami or UNC. Ennis is going to have to turn it on more vs the FSU/Pitt types.

And we need to recognize rak in the post more when they are so focused on tyler and whoever we have playing the high post. That said trevor is unlikely to miss that many open shots either.

Tell ya, I'm getting impressed with Rak a little more every game.

And its good timing too as we play teams who will gimmick us to death as underdogs which means that is the one area that should be open.

If ennis needs to score more that shows what kind of shooting we are getting from fair/cooney, and the lack of isolation scoring from fair/grant.

I agree he wasn't trying to score much, but I can't blame the gameplan on rolling the dice for fair, cooney and grant if someone told me all three would be off the same time for a entire half, I would have said no chance. That has only happened once this year, and it was before maui a looong looong time ago.

As much as I was frustrated with Miami's junk match up zone, it was effective. However, we missed about 7-8 bunnies we should have had. We make 4-5 of those and three more of Trevor's shots drop, this isn't even a ball game. Our poor offensive execution had as much to do with Miami's success as did their uncharacteristic three point shooting. You can't leave easy points on the table.

It's pretty weird how great and horrible he is at the rim all at the same time
Very weird indeed. It's like he needs defenders in front of him to make those scoop lay ups but totally bricks fast break layups when he's already blown by the defender. Maybe he needs to scoop it on break always?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom