Ennis stock falls during NCAAs- One man's opinion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis stock falls during NCAAs- One man's opinion

Losing 6 of the last 10 while shooting 38% from the field is never going to raise your stock when it was already a bit overrated to begin with.

On a side note, in Chad Ford's weekly chat, someone asked who the better prospect was between Burke and Ennis and he said it has to be Ennis. I guess I'm just missing something because I have a hard time thinking of one thing that Ennis does better than Burke did last year at Michigan.
you and me both

Losing 6 of the last 10 while shooting 38% from the field is never going to raise your stock when it was already a bit overrated to begin with.

On a side note, in Chad Ford's weekly chat, someone asked who the better prospect was between Burke and Ennis and he said it has to be Ennis. I guess I'm just missing something because I have a hard time thinking of one thing that Ennis does better than Burke did last year at Michigan.

do you think NBA scouts care they lost 6 games? he showed he could score when he was asked to.

i think everyone has this misconception that NBA GM's want their pg's to come in and be like Derrick Rose or Russel Westbrook. Those guys are all world, and even their biggest knock is they shoot too much for a pg. These guys want floor generals like Ennis who are pass first pass second score third. Ennis is a better prospect then Burke for the exact same reason he is a better prospect then Shabazz Nappier. Not many NBA teams want a 5'10 shoot first low assist:to ratio pg.

do you think NBA scouts care they lost 6 games? he showed he could score when he was asked to.

i think everyone has this misconception that NBA GM's want their pg's to come in and be like Derrick Rose or Russel Westbrook. Those guys are all world, and even their biggest knock is they shoot too much for a pg. These guys want floor generals like Ennis who are pass first pass second score third. Ennis is a better prospect then Burke for the exact same reason he is a better prospect then Shabazz Nappier. Not many NBA teams want a 5'10 shoot first low assist:to ratio pg.

That would be a fine point if Burke weren't less than an inch shorter than Ennis with a slightly longer wingspan. They're basically identical in terms of build except Burke has a little more meat on his bones. And Burke's A:T ratio was a 3.13 compared to Ennis' 3.24, so I don't think that's the difference either. Burke was also a far better shooter and all-around scorer, and was probably a better passer and defender as well. There really isn't much of an argument for Ennis over Burke besides the fact that Ennis is younger.

And yes, I honestly do think that NBA scouts care if you're a PG and play for a program like Syracuse and struggle to make your team not look like crap for the last 10 games of the year, especially when leadership is supposed to be one of the biggest things Ennis has going for him.

That would be a fine point if Burke weren't less than an inch shorter than Ennis with a slightly longer wingspan. They're basically identical in terms of build except Burke has a little more meat on his bones. And Burke's A:T ratio was a 3.13 compared to Ennis' 3.24, so I don't think that's the difference either. Burke was also a far better shooter and all-around scorer, and was probably a better passer and defender as well. There really isn't much of an argument for Ennis over Burke besides the fact that Ennis is younger.

And yes, I honestly do think that NBA scouts care if you're a PG and play for a program like Syracuse and struggle to make your team not look like crap for the last 10 games of the year, especially when leadership is supposed to be one of the biggest things Ennis has going for him.

Just look at the 2 pg's projected ahead of him. 1 is an Australian who has played against nobody, and the other is a headcase that played on a team that had a far worse collapse then we did. GM's don't care about wins or losses.

There has to be a reason Ennis is projected so high. This board is really the only place that is questioning his abilities. What a coincidence.

Just look at the 2 pg's projected ahead of him. 1 is an Australian who has played against nobody, and the other is a headcase that played on a team that had a far worse collapse then we did. GM's don't care about wins or losses.

There has to be a reason Ennis is projected so high. This board is really the only place that is questioning his abilities. What a coincidence.

Exum has completely dominated his competition in Australia as well as dominating when he played against the American prospects, and his draft stock doesn't rely on leadership being a selling point like Ennis. And Oklahoma State's collapse also proved how valuable Smart was when he returned and made them a dangerous team again.

This is also from Chad Ford's chat today: "But with PGs, teams want to see your leadership abilities. Being a winner, rightly or wrongly, helps."

Also, you're focusing on one tiny part of the argument instead of trying to provide any reason that Ennis would be considered a better prospect than Burke was.

Personally, I understand why he would be considered a potential lottery pick this year even if I don't necessarily agree with that assessment. But this board isn't the only place that doesn't understand his hype as a top 10 prospect like Ford thinks.

Last edited:
Exum has completely dominated his competition in Australia as well as dominating when he played against the American prospects, and his draft stock doesn't rely on leadership being a selling point like Ennis. And Oklahoma State's collapse also proved how valuable Smart was when he returned and made them a dangerous team again.

This is also from Chad Ford's chat today: "But with PGs, teams want to see your leadership abilities. Being a winner, rightly or wrongly, helps."

Also, you're focusing on one tiny part of the argument instead of trying to provide any reason that Ennis would be considered a better prospect than Burke was.

Personally, I understand why he would be considered a potential lottery pick this year even if I don't necessarily agree with that assessment. But this board isn't the only place that doesn't understand his hype as a top 10 prospect like Ford thinks.

Don't get me wrong I thought Burke was a solid NBA prospect, and I believe he is having a pretty good rookie season. My thing with Burke is he is a shoot first pg, and unless you are a Derrick Rose, or Russel Westbrook type that's not really a good thing. Burke had to make more changes to his game then Ennis will. Burke was more of a risk taker, which leads to more turnovers, while Ennis is conservative, something NBA teams value. I also think Ennis gets unfairly knocked for his offensive abilities. He gets by his guys at will, he just needs to learn to finish better. But his main value is his ability to run a team.

And I really don't think you can say Ennis isn't a winner. The reason his stock went up so high to begin with is because he led us to a 25-0 start. Anyone that watched our games knew Ennis was the last person to blame for our collapse.

It isn't just people on this board, look at every other board, or website evaluating talent, they all have question marks about him.

Well every player in this "loaded" draft has some pretty big question marks attached to them, so I don't worry about concerns. Let's face it, if Ennis was without question marks this board would still be hung over from Monday's title win.

Ford isn't basing his Big Board on just his own evaluations- he's doing it off of what NBA folks are telling him (and the other ESPN folks), which is a lot different than some of the other NBA Draft websites, which focus on mock drafts/needs. Leading the ACC in assists and steals as a Frosh is something that makes people notice and a few teams in the mid-late lottery are looking for a PG.

It isn't just people on this board, look at every other board, or website evaluating talent, they all have question marks about him.

can you point me to those places?

Just go to other schools message boards when he declared, the duke and pitt message boards in particular.

so Ennis won't be drafted in the lottery because the Pitt and Duke message board people don't think he's good enough? bahahahah

so Ennis won't be drafted in the lottery because the Pitt and Duke message board people don't think he's good enough? bahahahah

No he won't be drafted in the lottery because other teams don't think he is good enough, but the draft hasn't happened, so it is all opinion at this point.

No he won't be drafted in the lottery because other teams don't think he is good enough, but the draft hasn't happened, so it is all opinion at this point.

so if he is drafted in the lottery what will you stance be then?

I just took another closer look into the draft and there is practically no way Ennis won't go in the lottery. He is pretty much cemented in as the 3rd best pg (some may actually see him as 2nd). Then there are 3 definite teams who will be picking in the lottery who need a pg, and most likely a 4th team. I have seen him in the mock drafts on CBS and ESPN going 7th 8th and 9th respectively.

I just took another closer look into the draft and there is practically no way Ennis won't go in the lottery. He is pretty much cemented in as the 3rd best pg (some may actually see him as 2nd). Then there are 3 definite teams who will be picking in the lottery who need a pg, and most likely a 4th team. I have seen him in the mock drafts on CBS and ESPN going 7th 8th and 9th respectively.

There isn't such thing as cementing yourself in a draft, so much is going to change between now and the draft. I have seen mock drafts with him going 20th, could he be a lottery pick? Absolutely, but he could also fall into the 20's.

There isn't such thing as cementing yourself in a draft, so much is going to change between now and the draft. I have seen mock drafts with him going 20th, could he be a lottery pick? Absolutely, but he could also fall into the 20's.

where nbadraft.net? the same place that has Grant going 13 and Rak going in the 2nd round next year?

what's going to change between now and the draft other then the lottery order getting sorted out. the top players are going to go where they are projected by people who know what they are doing.

where nbadraft.net? the same place that has Grant going 13 and Rak going in the 2nd round next year?

what's going to change between now and the draft other then the lottery order getting sorted out. the top players are going to go where they are projected by people who know what they are doing.

Workouts, some players are going to help themselves, others will hurt themselves. I just don't think Ennis is a top pick.

anomander said:

I hope he goes #1 but I think he'll be closer to #20 than #10.

by, buy, bye.
to, too, two
their, there, they're
Learn to love the differences.

Kevin Ollie's is the Natioanl Champion of English sez you was wrong.

http://offtherecordsports.com/2014/04/08/kevin-ollie-national-champion-butcher-of-the-kings-english/

“C’mon ref! He were fouled!”
Here are a couple of gems from his post-game press conference Monday night:
“Those players that was up here, they should get all the attention, because if it wasn’t for them, this program wouldn’t be here.”
This first part of the first sentence is a full-on hatchet job.
“They believed in a vision before anybody seen it.”
Or saw it! Making them even more amazing!
“So he does so much other things on our team, it’s just not the shooting.”
Sigh. Here are some more:
“He came in with a renewed confidence and I seen it right away in practice.”
“People sayin’ we a Cinderella. I say, ‘nah we UConn. This is what we do. This is what we breaded for.’”

“I wouldn’t be here if they wasn’t resilient and fighters.”

They want guys like Ennis for their back-up PG, not as their starter.

he may indeed be capable of serving up much better dishes but his post season plate was frankly a poorly poached turd.
lacking in both flavor and presentation and not likely to impress many judges. yet a few other chefs shined and moved on.
unfortunately for tyler SU exited way too early to showcase his many skills. and we're left with just that bad aftertaste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom