Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

Marsh01 said:
Its terrible. Id rather watch high school girls tennis.

I can't stop laughing.

This is true, but this constant one and done has ruined the game for me.

It's really hard to develop a passion and following for the players.
Well, the guys who stay aren't superstars. Look at all the bashing CJ got, really for no reason other than that he wasn't Melo. But I gotta say, I love the guys who just stay and improve gradually each season.

Mstumpy50 said:
Well I have to disagree because the most disappointing one to leave early is Carmelo and I would trade one more year with him than 4 with any of the guys you mentioned...Mind you he had to leave but him coming back would have almost locked up a back to back deal

But at least Melo accomplished something.

Even MCW got us to the Final 4.

I wish Ennis the best of luck because it would benefit the SU program.

But Ennis will ultimately be no more than a blip on the all-time SU radar screen.

I don't know why but I feel used. The one and done rule SUCKS!

I dont see how the OAD rule plays into this at all. Ennis didnt have the cache to leave straight out of hs like Parker or Wiggins did. He played his way into a potential lottery pick while at Syracuse.

anglerman said:
He's going to excell in the NBA. Those who said he wouldn't be one and done were wrong then. Those who say he won't do well in the NBA are wrong now. He has an elite skill set.

Elite?

He doesn't shoot well and doesn't run the break particularly well.

I wouldn't draft him in the first round.

Is there any chance that he is just going to test the waters, and find out where he stands?

Is there any chance that he is just going to test the waters, and find out where he stands?

If he was going to do that he could have made no announcement whatsoever today, filed a request with the draft advisory board by April 9th, waited for their results on April 14th, and then waited until April 27th to declare.

rrlbees said:
Not surprised. Being at the team hotel in Buffalo, a lot of solid people said he was 99% gone. I've got no harsh words. He exceeded my expectations, gave it his all, represented the school and team well, is now chasing his dream (not ours) and provided us with a number of great memories. Good luck to Tyler. While I might be in the minority, I think he'll do well in the NBA. Maybe not a star but I think he has a decent career. FWIW, Grant is 50/50 which really tells us nothing. But I think the trend is in a positive direction for us.

I think Ennis was thinking NBA for some time.

The great start and his game-winner at Pitt placed him in the national spotlight.

I can't fault guys for leaving early. But it's really soured me with the college game.

But at least Melo accomplished something.

Even MCW got us to the Final 4.

I wish Ennis the best of luck because it would benefit the SU program.

But Ennis will ultimately be no more than a blip on the all-time SU radar screen.

"Melo" didn't accomplish anything. The 2003 Syracuse team on which Melo was the best player accomplished great things.

I dont see how the OAD rule plays into this at all. Ennis didnt have the cache to leave straight out of hs like Parker or Wiggins did. He played his way into a potential lottery pick while at Syracuse.

Basically I'm sick of investing my fandom in players that come to the school for one year and then leave. It's tiring and frustrating, selfishly I want him to stay longer. Every year we look forward to the next only to see those key players leave just before dominating. That "next" year never seems to come to fruition.

newmexicuse said:
I would rather see G at backup PG than at SF. G gives us nothing at SF - he doesn't score and he doesn't rebound from there. The real issue at PG is will KJ be able to give us 30+ solid minutes per game ? If so, I could live w G for a 5 to 10 minute backup PG role. If KJ has significant growing pains then, yes, we absolutely gotta get help. Can't live w G playing 20 minutes at the point. Regardless, I have been saying for awhile now that we need a 4 yr program kid at PG. Somebody who is not a mega-talent, but can just play solidly and gradually improve over time & who is content to do the job for 5 to 10 MPG for four years while the mega-stars come and go. If Jerami comes back we could have a nice three man forward rotation & we wouldn't need G up front at all.

Well, maybe Joseph sticks around for a few years. This will be our third straight first-year starter at point guard. Paige is coming back at Carolina. Because he's short? Joseph is no taller.

Not meant to stir up anything but did he and JB truly get along and see eye to eye? I'm sure it's more about him striking while it's hot, but, still just curious. I'm sure the way the season ended there was lots of questioning of each other, coaching, etc. At one point almost the whole team was interviewed after one particular game (maybe NC St) and everybody gave different answers as to what was going on. That's usually not the best sign about the state of affairs.

I think they got along well. I recall Ennis saying in an interview that JB doesn't have to talk to him too much during games. I think Tyler earned JB's trust very early on, and JB didn't micromanage him.

Basically I'm sick of investing my fandom in players that come to the school for one year and then leave. It's tiring and frustrating, selfishly I want him to stay longer. Every year we look forward to the next only to see those key players leave just before dominating. That "next" year never seems to come to fruition.

This I agree with. It would've been nice to have Ennis and Grant with next years team. Or waiters with last years team. Or Carmelo with any other team in Syracuse history.

jvbj01 said:
Good luck, Tyler! It is a shame that we can't show respect to a kid that signed with Syracuse and gave us so many nice moments. I wish for once that people could keep their negative comments to themselves. It is his life choice and I thank him for playing with the Syracuse Orange. I remember a year ago, when many of you same people slammed MCW for his decision.

I think everyone respects Ennis. But everyone has a different way of showing it. Everyone wants to see SU win, and by that, I mean more than just a lot of games. We'll win a lot of games without Ennis, but probably not the one game you want to win.

Hope Grant stays.

Hope Ennis gets a big first (only) contract. Love the kid, and hope I am wrong, but I agree with the above.

He's going to get a contract worth about $1.3M for 3 years, if he stays in the top half of the first round. Take out 50% for taxes and 15% for your agent, and that's $1.65M. That's not enough to truly change your life. Buy a house and you're down to $1M - $333,000 per year. Nice change, but that's not enough to retire on.

I think they got along well. I recall Ennis saying in an interview that JB doesn't have to talk to him too much during games. I think Tyler earned JB's trust very early on, and JB didn't micromanage him.

Earning a coach's trust and doing what he wants aren't always the same thing.

He's going to get a contract worth about $1.3M for 3 years, if he stays in the top half of the first round. Take out 50% for taxes and 15% for your agent, and that's $1.65M. That's not enough to truly change your life. Buy a house and you're down to $1M - $333,000 per year. Nice change, but that's not enough to retire on.

Bingo.

next year is going to suck even if joseph is really good

JB should have played the bench more. If Grant goes, too, we are going to be awfully inexperienced next year. Imagine if he had played Roberson and Patterson for 5-10 minutes a game for 20 or so games. We would be so much better prepared for next year.

they have hoops and weights in the NBA.

Yes, but they don't have the same amount of available time on the court. The part that people always forget about is that you get so much better from playing in games, not just from practice. It's the spotlight, the pressure, learning how to win when it's YOU who makes the difference between winning and losing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom