Ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

Saw Tyler play several games last year in hs. He always comes up big in big games. That's a great trait to have. He was terrific in Maui. He's getting better seemingly every game. Gonna be fun watching him.

zhanjuzi said:
He was absolutely sick tonight. He has such a subtle second gear .. its so smooth and impossible to anticipate. Never seen anything like it.

I've been trying to tell everyone to not worry about losing MCW. We'll be fine.

He has good stamina, too. Three straight nights and he isn't dragging at all. Freshmen sometimes run out of gas. He looks like he can go 40.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you not see "eye to eye" with my posts?

I disagree w some of your points. I can give you examples if you really want but it's No big deal. Just differences of opinion on some things. Realize we're all good fans here. I'm sure you have posters you agree w more than others.

We haven't had a point guard run offense almost equally from both sides of the court since when??? I wouldn't be suprised to hear never.

And he has the players like CJ Cooney and Grant who can score from both also.

He crossed the court from left to the right side of the court on probably 85% of our possessions tonight.

Its like The Peyton Manning of College Ball. Put on your uniform grab your briefcase and go to work.

He is a floor general. It's his 7th game and he looks like a jr.
That's what I was noticing a lot tonight. How he settled things down and was really controlling the offense, setting things up, getting guys in place. A real floor leader - just what you need at the point.
And I loved how a few times he lulled the defense to sleep and then drove past them to get to the rim

We haven't had a point guard run offense almost equally from both sides of the court since when??? I wouldn't be suprised to hear never.

And he has the players like CJ Cooney and Grant who can score from both also.

He crossed the court from left to the right side of the court on probably 85% of our possessions tonight.

Its like The Peyton Manning of College Ball. Put on your uniform grab your briefcase and go to work.
A very good point (no pun intended).

Well said RF. Well said. In recent memory I don't think I've seen such a cool, smooth, deceptive, and efficient freshman PG. I keep thinking about a comparison and I'm gonna go with Andre Miller.
Great comparison. He has a very different build (less muscular), but I saw TE in person last year in high school and I compared his game to Mark Jackson, another consummate floor general. The big difference is Jackson was more physical and could take his guy down low, but as far as being cerebral and passing/ leadership I see a lot of Mark Jackson in Ennis' game.

Last edited:
Great comparison. He has a very different build (less muscular), but I saw TE in person last year in high school and I compared his game to Mark Jackson, another consummate floor general. The big difference is Jackson was more physical and could take his guy down low, but as far as being cerebral and a passing/ leadership I see a lot of Mark Jackson in Ennis' game.

Jackson is a good one too! Definitely different bodies with Ennis vs Miller but deceptive speed and saavy floor generals both at an early age.

I legitimately think he could set a Syracuse record for best assist/turnover ratio ever. I have no idea what the best A/T ratio in program history is, but he's going to at the very least challenge it. He makes sooooo few mistakes with the ball. Right now he has 33 assists against 8 turnovers through 7 games, so roughly 5-to-1 as a ratio right now.

I legitimately think he could set a Syracuse record for best assist/turnover ratio ever. I have no idea what the best A/T ratio in program history is, but he's going to at the very least challenge it. He makes sooooo few mistakes with the ball. Right now he has 33 assists against 8 turnovers through 7 games, so roughly 5-to-1 as a ratio right now.

yeah, he's very efficient... Just wait 'til JB gets him to be more assertive with his outside shot... Also, he needs to make his layups. But he's been tremendous and is such an amazingly calm leader. He does everything intuitively, nothing is thought out. He KNOWS what to do and when to do it. As Raf would say, "anything you need, coach."

I miss Raf on these telecasts. You can tell Bilas and Sean miss him too. He is with the competition and they still reference him... But I digress. Ennis is good.

There is no doubt in my mind that some of the subtlety of his game will be lost upon some posters--especially those who were writing him off after the first game--but I believe we are witnessing greatness at lead guard.

He certainly isn't the world class pound-for-pound athlete that Flynn was.

He doesn't have the difference making size that MCW did.

But this kid is something special to watch. His lead guard aptitude is off the charts.

#greatness

"Easy" (that just seems to fit his demeanor AND style of play) will be one of the keys to the season. He needs to score for this team to win, IMO. And, after just 7 games, he is showing how quickly he is learning how to run the point at this level, keep others involved, and still score whenever he needs to.

He was absolutely sick tonight. He has such a subtle second gear .. its so smooth and impossible to anticipate. Never seen anything like it.

Perfect description. He's like a boxer or UFC fighter, who lulls the opponent to sleep... And then... Boom.

"Easy" (that just seems to fit his demeanor AND style of play) will be one of the keys to the season. He needs to score for this team to win, IMO. And, after just 7 games, he is showing how quickly he is learning how to run the point at this level, keep others involved, and still score whenever he needs to.
I'm not one for nicknames but Easy Ennis works for me. Way back there used to be a BB player by the name of Easy Ed McCauley. Fits both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom