Ennis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

I'm so impressed with Ennis all around, he just makes winning plays when needed and bball plays all game long. The ability to drive past his man whenever he wants even when they know its coming is hard to believe but its there.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you not see "eye to eye" with my posts?
Makes me think of the story where the guy says, "I'm trying to see your point of view but I can't get my head up your butt far enough."
No flames at either of you. Just one of my favorite lines.

zhanjuzi said:
He was absolutely sick tonight. He has such a subtle second gear .. its so smooth and impossible to anticipate. Never seen anything like it.

He does things that I've never seen an SU pointguard do. At first he seems lime a Billy Edelin old man style where he just outsmarts you and doesn't seem to be expending much energy; then he blows by the D on his drives.

I'm just going to enjoy him this year and not worry about next.

There is no doubt in my mind that some of the subtlety of his game will be lost upon some posters--especially those who were writing him off after the first game--but I believe we are witnessing greatness at lead guard.

He certainly isn't the world class pound-for-pound athlete that Flynn was.

He doesn't have the difference making size that MCW did.

But this kid is something special to watch. His lead guard aptitude is off the charts.

#greatness

So far I like him more than I liked Jonny.

This kid appears to be a special player - poised, mature, selfless.

And he can shoot FTs!

Before the season began, I said I was hoping Ennis would turn out to be the second coming of Shane Larkin -- poise, maturity beyond his years, good ball management, and decent shooting an unexpected bonus. The Maui tournament has seen my dream come true, and I'm drooling at the thought of how much better he might become.-VBOF

Mike Bibby at Arizona when they won their NC- that's who popped up in my head last nite.
Calm, cool, collected. He's playing at a different pace than everyone else on the floor.
Nothing flashy, nothing eye-popping...just smooth, confident, & steady.
His bad games are off-set by all the subtle things he does on the floor.
A steal here, a deflection there, a perfect set-up for an open look...you name it.
Great player.

I'm not one for nicknames but Easy Ennis works for me. Way back there used to be a BB player by the name of Easy Ed McCauley. Fits both of them.
Tyler "The Creator" Ennis, as dubbed a long while ago by my man Francis. Creates for himself or teammates with such ease.

Tyler "The Creator" Ennis, as dubbed a long while ago by my man Francis. Creates for himself or teammates with such ease.

has Easy E been taken? Now only if he was from Compton and not Brampton Oh Lord

Tyler the Creator

No doubt! Francis coined him that back on the recruiting trail. I definitely like "Creator" from an SU fan perspective. However I feel like many of SU's opponents will be looking at him as a "Menace" for however long we as fans are blessed with him in the backcourt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom