Enough of the theatrics | Syracusefan.com

Enough of the theatrics

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Holy ****. Every player who gets lightly brushed falls down like they got shot and rolls around like someone is stabbing them. They make D-Wade and Manu Ginobili look like child's play. I love the World Cup but my goodness, have some self respect!

Yea...

I love soccer and try to go to as many Ukraine games I can when I am there..

It cannot grow in North America because of the diving. It needs to end.

Yea...

I love soccer and try to go to as many Ukraine games I can when I am there..

It cannot grow in North America because of the diving. It needs to end.
It's like it's part of the game. Everyone stands around, waits for dude to stop pretending to be hurt, then the game resumes lol.

Yeah I can at least understand the initial dive trying to get a call for your team. But once the ref either does or does not call the foul get up and stop rolling around. It's not like he's going to call the foul 2 minutes later.

Seems as though its hard wired into some countries DNA. For me the worst has been Spain as not o ly do they dive and flail around but then procede to have no less than 3 guys surround the ref. Real quick way to end that is pull out the yellow card and book all 3 at once for decent and continue booking them until they stop. I can understand 1 guy, presumably the captain, talking to the ref to make a point but not three guys screaming at him. It made that beating Holland put on them even better.

Holy ****. Every player who gets lightly brushed falls down like they got shot and rolls around like someone is stabbing them. They make D-Wade and Manu Ginobili look like child's play. I love the World Cup but my goodness, have some self respect!

The East German judge gave the Brazil guy a 9.7 on that dive. When a hard fought game is determined by something like that, it just takes away the enjoyment of the games.

I would like to see American sports add this to the game. It would be hilarious to watch Mario Chalmers go down the lane tonight and get tripped up, dive to the ground, grab his knee, roll around and scream for 2 minutes while everyone stands around and then gets up completely normal and jog back to play defense.

[quote longislandcuse, post: 1066165, member: 937"]I would like to see American sports add this to the game. It would be hilarious to watch Mario Chalmers go down the lane tonight and get tripped up, dive to the ground, grab his knee, roll around and scream for 2 minutes while everyone stands around and then gets up completely normal and jog back to play defense.[/quote]

Ummm thats pretty much what basketball is now

And in a sweet stroke of irony to this thread the Suiss team played through anr bounced up quickly from contact all game long. The reward was a winner in stoppage time when Ecuador tried to foul to stop a counter, the Suiss player bounced right up and the ref smartly played the advantage and a goal was a result. Hats off to that team as they do it properly. Even when there was stoppage and a conversation with the ref incured it was only one man, Inler the captain, talking to the ref with his hands neatly folded behind his back during the proceedings. Well done by them and glad they got their reward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom