Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Is this the only possible game that most of the country will root for Syracuse? With the exception of Durham, NC and Storrs, CT of course. I'd imagine 99% the Kansas and Clemson fans at the arena in Omaha will be cheering for the Orange.

Is this the only possible game that most of the country will root for Syracuse? With the exception of Durham, NC and Storrs, CT of course. I'd imagine 99% the Kansas and Clemson fans at the arena in Omaha will be cheering for the Orange.

My UNC buddy wished us luck last night. So did my Maryland buddy.

Everyone hates Duke. I remember a Boeheim interview that he said after he got ejected from the Duke game he had more people come up to him and tell him how much they like it than he would have ever expected. I forgot how many people don't like Duke I think he said.

giphy.gif

LGO!!!

Clemson and KU fans will be rooting for us but that’s because they don’t think we’re very good so I’m not sure that counts.

If we somehow pull this off Friday and Clemson is in the Elite 8 there is absolutely no way they are beating us Sunday. We already beat them in once rock fight.

The Regional Final will be much like the Regional Final against Marquette in 2013. A coronation.

If we somehow pull this off Friday and Clemson is in the Elite 8 there is absolutely no way they are beating us Sunday. We already beat them in once rock fight.

The Regional Final will be much like the Regional Final against Marquette in 2013. A coronation.

Haha I wish I knew it was a coronation when I was watching it.

Is SU the only school to have played all 3 of the teams in the same season (Duke, Kansas and Clemson) in their sweet 16 bracket? Maybe in history?

That’s a great bit of trivia research right there.

In 2016 the right side of the bracket Elite 8 was UNC-Notre Dame and Virginia-Syracuse

That had to be the only time that has happened. Curious if the Sweet 16 thing has.

SOS...means Saves Our Syracuse. The SOS is going to be crazy high after the year end and Boeheim should thank his lucky stars the Bonnies and Buffalo had wonderful years as well.

If you gauge the temperature from Twitter, no. They'll be wishing that a meteor hits the facility in Omaha.
How 'bout if you don't give a hoot what anyone says on Twitter? ;)

I didn't mean you specifically -- I meant it in relation to the Nebraska people getting offended over something allegedly overheard in our locker room.
If that's "offensive" to them, they need to get a life. And while I'm at it ... I hope they ban that reporter [Nicole Auerbach] from the locker room. Clearly she's there to stoke controversy and not do any legitimate reporting.

How 'bout if you don't give a hoot what anyone says on Twitter? ;)

I don't. I'm an active user and the vitriol, not only from the national media, but much the fans who follow the sport is pretty strong. Hard to ignore it, especially when you follow SU beat writers and the various Syracuse blogs.

I don't. I'm an active user and the vitriol, not only from the national media, but much the fans who follow the sport is pretty strong. Hard to ignore it, especially when you follow SU beat writers and the various Syracuse blogs.
That's fine. And I enjoy it as an SU sports fan. However, I can read what Jullian Wigham posts without having a be a twitter member. Good thing, since I have no interest in giving any information whatsoever to social media "providers". If people can't see the red flags after what FB just did, I don't know what to tell them. BOL. The industry needs to be supervised like kindergarten.

Last edited:
That's fine. And I enjoy it as an SU sports fan. However, I can read what Jullian Wigham posts without having a be a twitter member. Good thing, since I have no interest in giving any information whatsoever to social media "providers". If people can't see the red flags after what FB just did, I don't know what to tell them. BOL. The industry needs to be regulated like kindergartners.

Absolutely. That's a discussion for another thread though.