Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse?

It's funny to read the ND board because they're upset that either SU or Duke will win. They're just rooting for the meteor.

Always funny to me when fans of programs like that, that have accomplished so little get all worked up about “hating” anyone. ND has been to the sweet 16 just 3 times in the last 30 years. No final fours since 1978. No conference regular season titles. 1 ACC tourney title. If you’re an ND fan, your favorite team has played so few significant basketball games in the last 40 years it seems like you wouldn’t have any reason to hate anyone.

Clemson and KU fans will be rooting for us but that’s because they don’t think we’re very good so I’m not sure that counts.
I understand your point, but to shift gears and move in a slightly different direction, I want to point out that ASU, TCU, and MSU fans all thought that we were terrible, too.

I legitimately don't get why we're so hated.

Is it a being from NY thing? Is it a us consistently being good thing? Is it a hangover from the NCAA's witch hunt thing? Is it a Jimmy B was honest in a press conference thing? It a 'we travel well' thing?

I legitimately don't get why we're so hated.

Is it a being from NY thing? Is it a us consistently being good thing? Is it a hangover from the NCAA's witch hunt thing? Is it a Jimmy B was honest in a press conference thing? It a 'we travel well' thing?

Always good so lots of fans of teams that usually lose to Cuse out there, large and easily offended and angered online fanbase(look at those twitter replies to Gottlieb and Bomani), probation, Boeheim with a “whiner” rep and often makes blunt remarks that the easily offended get all fired up about, etc.

Waaaay too sensitive. Comment came off, at worst, as geographically arguable, like many comments on that topic often are, but it wasn’t rude or negative in the least. A lot of people like to be offended though. It’s weird.

Lol, yeah maybe. I’ve never been there. I read that one article (skimmed is more like it) that pointed out its the 19th flattest state and how many farms per square mile it has as compared to NY or whatever. Good God, talk about doing way too much. Slow news day, I guess.

Absolutely. That's a discussion for another thread though.
No doubt ... OTB probably. Too bad they can't just do the right thing...

What was said in our locker room?

A reporter claimed to overhear coming out of the Syracuse locker room [paraphrasing]: "Nebraska is just like Missouri -- flat and farms."

Lots of people in Omaha up in arms about it now. The goofy thing is, who in our locker room has any knowledge / experience with either Nebraska or Missouri? I can't think of any of the current players, probably not even the coaches. last time I remember playing in Missouri was 2004 -- way before Autry or Griffin was on staff [GMac was a player on that team, though, but he never played against / in Nebraska].

Just seems like a BS report.

If we somehow pull this off Friday and Clemson is in the Elite 8 there is absolutely no way they are beating us Sunday. We already beat them in once rock fight.

The Regional Final will be much like the Regional Final against Marquette in 2013. A coronation.
How do you figure that? Seems to me that it be another down to the wire type game with either team having a legit chance.

How do you figure that? Seems to me that it be another down to the wire type game with either team having a legit chance.

Just my gut. You're probably right. You guys have had a great season this year. Especially losing Grantham.

Reactions: gbo
Just saw this article. Chris Peters is a clown. This is why:
  1. He 100% believes Nichole Auerbach word for word.
  2. He assumes it was said by a Syracuse player or coach. Not by one of the many media members in the locker room.
  3. Because he is offended by an alleged private comment about the state of Nebraska, he goes on to publicly criticize the city of Syracuse.
  4. He uses total # of farms, as if all farms are equal. He uses metrics that treat a 1 sq mi farm equal to a 100 sq mi farm. How about total land area covered by farms? Or % state covered by farms? Chris Peters apparently lacks the intellectual capability to engage in critical analysis.
  5. And even so, who is insisting that farms are a bad thing? Some people like peace and quiet in parts of their state. Who cares? Every state has farms. Farms are necessary. It's what feeds us.
  6. Again, using the average of averages is bad and lazy math. Average per capita income isn't a great measure for quality of life or economic opportunities.
  7. He assumes the basketball team is from Syracuse. Hey Chris, zero scholarship players are from Syracuse. They're from places like Ohio, Mali, Slovakia, Nigeria, Canada, New Jersey, and Maryland.
  8. Lastly, Chris, stop being such a millennial snowflake and engaging in idiotic regionalism. These kids are from all over the country and world. Someone was in their private locker room and apparently heard something they said. You trying to turn it around makes you look like a sensitive fool.
People who live in itty-bitty Syracuse (N.Y.) shouldn't throw shade on Nebraska

Just my gut. You're probably right. You guys have had a great season this year. Especially losing Grantham.
Thanks man. We were hoping sweet sixteen if everything broke perfectly with Grantham. To accomplish all this without him is amazing. I'd love to play Cuse again win or lose...but hopefully win haha.

Waaaay too sensitive. Comment came off as geographically ignorant, like many comments on that topic often are, but it wasn’t rude or negative in the least. A lot of people like to be offended though. It’s weird.
Right. That's only an insult if you hate Missouri. Nebraska fans, do you hate Missouri that much?

Personnally, I like flat land and I like farms. I'm looking forward to someday getting out of the hills of east tennessee.

Just saw this article. Chris Peters is a clown. This is why:
  1. He 100% believes Nichole Auerbach word for word.
  2. He assumes it was said by a Syracuse player or coach. Not by one of the many media members in the locker room.
  3. Because he is offended by an alleged private comment about the state of Nebraska, he goes on to publicly criticize the city of Syracuse.
  4. He uses total # of farms, as if all farms are equal. He uses metrics that treat a 1 sq mi farm equal to a 100 sq mi farm. How about total land area covered by farms? Or % state covered by farms? Chris Peters apparently lacks the intellectual capability to engage in critical analysis.
  5. And even so, who is insisting that farms are a bad thing? Some people like peace and quiet in parts of their state. Who cares? Every state has farms. Farms are necessary. It's what feeds us.
  6. Again, using the average of averages is bad and lazy math. Average per capita income isn't a great measure for quality of life or economic opportunities.
  7. He assumes the basketball team is from Syracuse. Hey Chris, zero scholarship players are from Syracuse. They're from places like Ohio, Mali, Slovakia, Nigeria, Canada, New Jersey, and Maryland.
  8. Lastly, Chris, stop being such a millennial snowflake and engaging in idiotic regionalism. These kids are from all over the country and world. Someone was in their private locker room and apparently heard something they said. You trying to turn it around makes you look like a sensitive fool.
People who live in itty-bitty Syracuse (N.Y.) shouldn't throw shade on Nebraska

I actually just felt bad for the guy writing it. He came off as the most enormous dork alive.

Always funny to me when fans of programs like that, that have accomplished so little get all worked up about “hating” anyone. ND has been to the sweet 16 just 3 times in the last 30 years. No final fours since 1978. No conference regular season titles. 1 ACC tourney title. If you’re an ND fan, your favorite team has played so few significant basketball games in the last 40 years it seems like you wouldn’t have any reason to hate anyone.
Wow, those are some eye-opening facts about just how mediocre to bad Notre Dame’s program actually is when it comes to post-season failures. Their fans and the national media need to wake up and see the truth of ND’s sad reality.