Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Entire Country Cheering for Syracuse?

What if JB told them he didn't know if there were good restaurants in Omaha so he might have to find a Denny's.

I have little use for people who can't take sarcasm.

Waaaay too sensitive. Comment came off as geographically ignorant, like many comments on that topic often are, but it wasn’t rude or negative in the least. A lot of people like to be offended though. It’s weird.
My brother, a Creighton med school grad, turned down an internship at Penn State because, in his words, he had already spent 3 years in the middle of nowhere.

It's funny to read the ND board because they're upset that either SU or Duke will win. They're just rooting for the meteor.
Yeah well Brian Kelly killed a kid so ND CAN SHUT THE HELL RIGHT UP.

I’m with you. The “reporter” who leaked the comment didn’t bother to attribute it. And even if it came from a player, what’s the objection? Nebraska’s pretty flat and farmland represents > 90% of its land mass. If that’s an insult, wow ... Peters needs a pair of big boy pants.

Farms - States Listed by Percent of Farmland in State from StuffAboutStates.com

Been to Omaha. A much better city than you would think. Drive 10 minutes outside of it and it’s flat as hell with farms and cornfields as far as the eye can see.

I have to say I have been enjoying the hate. I enjoyed the negative comments when we got in the tournament and it has gotten progressively better with the 3 wins. People hate us and there is nothing they can do about it. Suck it haters!

I am guessing this is how Patriot fans feel all the time

My brother, a Creighton med school grad, turned down an internship at Penn State because, in his words, he had already spent 3 years in the middle of nowhere.
He chose wisely!

Clemson and KU fans will be rooting for us but that’s because they don’t think we’re very good so I’m not sure that counts.
I’ll take it.

Well, Nebraska is pretty flat and there are a lot of farms there.
Same goes for Missouri, although I believe whomever said that meant Kansas.

So, my sister is a huge Dukie fan. Trying to determine the absolute best time to start the texting battles...

So, my sister is a huge Dukie fan. Trying to determine the absolute best time to start the texting battles...
My brother is a Dukie. I think I’m going to start texting him right now! How are you going to start? I’m going to whine about Duke playing zone.

Talking to folks at CrossFit today not many Hoosiers like Dook......I guess they may still feel sorry for us from the Keith Smart shot and will be cheering us on....

As a side note this will be the biggest TV audience of the tournament and may rival the NC game...

My brother is a Dukie. I think I’m going to start texting him right now! How are you going to start? I’m going to whine about Duke playing zone.

Sent her a picture of my Syracuse travel mug with a delicious steaming cup of coffee. She sent me back this. First round to her.
IMG953246.jpg

There are only about 35 real people on Twitter.

The rest of it is just bots auto-responding to posts made by other bots.

Right on! I logged on to reply to this post.

Really, it isnt that different than "real life", more and more each day. It nicely illustrates the argument against free will, which I used to think was ludicrous.

Great, just what the team needed when we really could have used any advantage we could get. I'm normally against violence, but wouldnt mind if someone shook whomever said it, assuming the reporter was not lying. I do appreciate the education that ensued, however. This is one example of how the media manipulates people(unfortunately they do it on things that matter to far more, as well), and why I threw out my TV and try to avoid it online as much as I can.

Great illustration though, maybe it will subconsciously flick a switch in a few Cuse fans about people are manipulated on matters that are more importance as well...so maybe the reporter has served "good" in the greater sense, even if the loss of crowd advantage somehow influences the game against us. If you look for the good in things, at times it can make live more enjoyable.

Last edited:
A reporter claimed to overhear coming out of the Syracuse locker room [paraphrasing]: "Nebraska is just like Missouri -- flat and farms."

Lots of people in Omaha up in arms about it now. The goofy thing is, who in our locker room has any knowledge / experience with either Nebraska or Missouri? I can't think of any of the current players, probably not even the coaches. last time I remember playing in Missouri was 2004 -- way before Autry or Griffin was on staff [GMac was a player on that team, though, but he never played against / in Nebraska].

Just seems like a BS report.

Normally I can’t stand Brent Axe, but this was an exceptional comeback. Well done sir. I tip my hat to you.

Suck it, Omaha!

I have to say I have been enjoying the hate. I enjoyed the negative comments when we got in the tournament and it has gotten progressively better with the 3 wins. People hate us and there is nothing they can do about it. Suck it haters!

I am guessing this is how Patriot fans feel all the time

As a Patriots fan, there is one significant difference.

Or maybe 4 depending on how you look at it.

I suspect this entire unattributed article was concocted by someone in the Duke PRdepartment to try and gain support for them by the locals.

I suspect this entire unattributed article was concocted by someone in the Duke PRdepartment to try and gain support for them by the locals.
It's alright. We're the bad guys, and I'm OK w/ that.

The world doesn't want us there, and I honestly think that makes us (both fans and players) want to be there even more.