EO Annoucement Delayed (Gainesville Sun) | Syracusefan.com

EO Annoucement Delayed (Gainesville Sun)

G

GoCuse44

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/13202/ogundeko-pushes-back-announcement/

The Florida Gators were expected to gain a commitment from four-star defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko (Brooklyn, N.Y./Thomas Jefferson) this coming week. Now, they will have to wait.
The ESPN150 member has decided to push back his announcement, which was scheduled for Tuesday at 11:45 a.m.

“I’m just not ready,” Ogundeko said. “I don’t feel completely solid with my decision. I felt like I was at The Opening, but over the past couple of days I’ve realized I need more time.”
Ogundeko will officially visit Florida fall.

Ogundeko’s top three schools are still Florida, Notre Dame and Syracuse and he claims no leader. But earlier this month at The Opening, word out of Oregon was that Ogundeko had silently committed to UF during his unofficial visit on June 8.

A source close to the situation told The Sun that while the Gators are still the favorite, Ogundeko — who is being recruited as a Buck — is concerned about the amount of depth at the position.
The 6-foot-3, 229-pounder also wants to take advantage of his official visits.
“I feel like it’s best for me to not rush things and go on my officials,” Ogundeko said. “I want to see all three of my finalists again so I can be 100 percent sure.”

Ogundeko said he still has interest in Alabama, Arizona State and Clemson and may visit those schools as well. He doesn’t have a new date set for his decision, but he knows it will come before the end of the calender year as he plans to be an early enrollee.

While I'd most certainly welcome him with open arms, my feeling is he's gone. SU just doesn't have the horsepower.

(EDIT: It goes to show you that every school thinks they are in the lead for these recruits. I'm sure ND fans say the same thing)

The ONLY way SU lands this kid is if they WIN this year. Become a winning program and show him we aren't a bottom feeder as everyone perceives us to be

WIN GAMES!!

The ONLY way SU lands this kid is if they WIN this year. Become a winning program and show him we aren't a bottom feeder as everyone perceives us to be

WIN GAMES!!

It that was the be all and end all, he wouldn't be considering us in the first place.