Hull City vs. Sunderland
Man City vs. Norwich
Stoke vs. Southampton
West Brom vs. Crystal Palace
West Ham vs. Aston Villa
Arsenal vs. Liverpool

Everton vs. Tottenham
Cardiff City vs. Swansea

Home teams on left... Commence discussion.

And once again I "like" each and everyone of you!

It's becoming plain to even the biggest haters that Chelsea is the strongest team on the continent.* As they say in England, they are on a "rich vein of form", but the talent level that TSO has amassed is ridiculous. Mata is a top-10 middy/winger and is buried on the depth chart. I'm guessing they will separate from the pack in the next 4-6 weeks.

*The only teams with a dog in the fight are Barca, Madrid (not Real), PSG, and Bayern. I'm not buying the non-Euro playing Roma.

#Blueisthecolor

It's becoming plain to even the biggest haters that Chelsea is the strongest team on the continent.* As they say in England, they are on a "rich vein of form", but the talent level that TSO has amassed is ridiculous. Mata is a top-10 middy/winger and is buried on the depth chart. I'm guessing they will separate from the pack in the next 4-6 weeks.

*The only teams with a dog in the fight are Barca, Madrid (not Real), PSG, and Bayern. I'm not buying the non-Euro playing Roma.

#Blueisthecolor
I gave you a like even tho I think you're mad.

Newcastle vs. Chelsea
Fulham vs. Man Utd.
Hull City vs. Sunderland
Man City vs. Norwich
Stoke vs. Southampton
West Ham vs. Aston Villa
Arsenal vs. Liverpool

Everton vs. Tottenham
Cardiff City vs. Swansea

Rooting for a draw or Liverpool win vs. Arse.

As Warren Barton said, "Arsenal will be coming down with the holiday decorations." LOL

I still think Bayern is better than Chelsea. AND Pep has the mental edge over Mourinho.

As for EPL, the South Wales Derby Cardiff-Swansea piques my interest. First Derby match in the top flight. And a fierce rivalry.

#Blueisthecolor

Well there is that team in the northwest who has a much better duo up front.

Newcastle vs. Chelsea
Fulham vs. Man Utd.
Hull City vs. Sunderland
Man City vs. Norwich
Stoke vs. Southampton
West Ham vs. Aston Villa
Arsenal vs. Liverpool

Everton vs. Tottenham
Cardiff City vs. Swansea

Which Newcastle team will show up? Fulham are terrible and this game could get Man U rolling again. Sunderland have too much talent to get relegated right? We'll find out this week. man ciy at home again... look out! If the saints take 3 @ Stoke it's time to admit they are legit CL contenders if some haven't already. Can West Brom bounce back? I think yes. Hammers v Villa may actually be and excellent game. Will be physical if nothing else. Cmon you reds! Will Coutinho be back this week to feed the machine? Will it matter?

Blue shite v spurs has the makings of a 1-1 snoozefest yet somehow dit probably won't be. Oh those tricky Welsh teams. They have talent and are funt to watch. Aside from the heavyweight fight at Emirates, this is the came I'm most lokking forward to.

Last edited:
I still think Bayern is better than Chelsea. AND Pep has the mental edge over Mourinho.

As for EPL, the South Wales Derby Cardiff-Swansea piques my interest. First Derby match in the top flight. And a fierce rivalry.

I think Bayern is better, too, but Mourinho and Chelsea would have won that Super Cup game, if only Lukaku had made his penalty. I would not be worried about playing them. We would not be outclassed, because Chelsea is much better defensively now than they were in August or September. Six wins in a row in all competitions, and against some pretty good teams.

I don't think Guardiola has any mental edge on Mourinho, BTW. Pep was the one who had to take a year off after being battered by Mourinho and being dethroned two years ago. Bayern were without question the top team in Europe at the start of the season (and still probably today), and a Chelsea team that was only 3rd best in England last year and had no front man (at the time ...) battled them even.

I believe in Mourinho, even though I'd like to see him play a few more of his players, so that the old dudes don't wear down in November and December.

Well there is that team in the northwest who has a much better duo up front.

Fair point. But they don't have the steel in midfield and they could sure use another good defender or two. Getting rid of Pepe Reina was an excellent move for them. Mignolet has been outstanding, always was a good keeper.

Which Newcastle team will show up? Fulham are terrible and this game could get Man U rolling again. Sunderland have too much talent to get relegated right? We'll find out this week. man ciy at home again... look out! If the saints take 3 @ Stoke it's time to admit they are legit CL contenders if some haven't already. Can West Brom bounce back? I think yes. Hammers v Villa may actually be and excellent game. Will be physical if nothing else. Cmon you reds! Will Coutinho be back this week to feed the machine? Will it matter?

Blue shite v spurs has the makings of a 1-1 snoozefest yet somehow dit probably won't be. Oh those tricky Welsh teams. They have talent and are funt to watch. Aside from the heavyweight fight at Emirates, this is the came I'm most lokking forward to.

Southampton is on an amazing run defensively. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up when the fixtures pile up in November/December.

My predictions...

Newcastle over Chelsea
Man Utd over Fulham
Hull City over Sunderland
Man City over Norwich
West Brom over Crystal Palace
West Ham draw with Aston Villa
Arsenal draw with Liverpool

Everton over Tottenham
Cardiff City over Swansea

Fair point. But they don't have the steel in midfield and they could sure use another good defender or two. Getting rid of Pepe Reina was an excellent move for them. Mignolet has been outstanding, always was a good keeper.

Who is the steel in the Chelsea midfield? You've got more attacking mids than you could possibly play but, aside from Terry at the back line, who is your enforcer?

Honestly I was surprised Mignolet made a big-club move before Asmir Begovic. I thought he was good but not this good. Sakho was a smart buy. CM wise I'm happy Lucas has stayed healthy (i'm knocking on wood right now) and hope that continues. Gerrard drives them and even Henderson can get the job done if put in the right spot. Maybe they're a little weak at LB and DM.

I remember watching "Being Liverpool" when Rodgers signed Joe Allen. He called him, "the white Xavi," and I fell off my couch laughing. I didn't know Spanish was a skin color :eek:

Who is the steel in the Chelsea midfield? You've got more attacking mids than you could possibly play but, aside from Terry at the back line, who is your enforcer?

The Bison is pretty solid in the midfield, and can fill in on the back line in a pinch. A shadow of his former self, but still a very strong player.

PoppyHart post: 791624 said:
The Bison is pretty solid in the midfield, and can fill in on the back line in a pinch. A shadow of his former self, but still a very strong player.

He was but he doesnt play much anymore. Perhaps the game is getting away from powerhouse dm's?

We've got Lucas as a yellow card factory who breaks up a lot of attacks with his fouls and Johnson now at wing back who takes 0 guff from anybody but noone in the midfield that will take a crushing cheap shot at anyone. Last one we had was Mascherano.

So far it has been Ramires or Mikel. He's playing Lampard there in the pivot as the distributor, but I think he'd prefer somebody like Daniele DeRossi or Xabi Alonso in that spot. I think that's one thing that Rafa Benitez got right - using David Luiz as a holding midfielder, where he was brilliant. If Mourinho can get him to cut down on the risks he takes at the back, he could turn Luiz into one of the best CB's in the world, though, and it appears that's the direction he's going.

BTW, my daughter watches matches with me from time to time, and she says that Mourinho looks like Cesare Borgia. I love it! Perfect analogy, too.

Getting ready to take on Arsenal
Don't you mean Fulham? ;-) I do think Liverpool and Arsenal have separated themselves early this year from the rest. But it's still early young Flanagan.

Don't you mean Fulham? ;-) I do think Liverpool and Arsenal have separated themselves early this year from the rest. But it's still early young Flanagan.

We'll learn something today @ Emirates. We go top side with a win but it should be a great match. Chelsea is still very good, just lack a striker and I still rate Spurs to put it together and I think Southampton will stay in the chase TBH. The league is wide open and United will make some noise before long as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom