Newcastle United vs. Fulham
Norwich City vs. Southhampton
West Ham United vs. Stoke City
Crystal Palace vs. Sunderland
Liverpool vs. Manchester United
West Brom vs. Swansea City
Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Commence discussion...

Top of the table will continue to take shape. I like Spurs over Arsenal. Chelsea didn't need to steal Wilian from them, but it definitely hurt them.

United will be reeling from losing to Chelsea. Liverpool away, especially if they obtain Victor Moses on loan, will make them dangerous. United has great attacking options, but are weak in the midfield other than Carrick. Their back line is getting old, too. They really could have used some reinforcements.

Now, if Hull City can pull another upset and give Man City their second loss in three, that would be sweet.

Curious question for all EPL fans here. Why is everyone doubting Utd this year? Is it cuz you don't like them or you really think they are not that good this year?

Curious question for all EPL fans here. Why is everyone doubting Utd this year? Is it cuz you don't like them or you really think they are not that good this year?

It's a case of the sum being greater than the individual pieces. Fergie got the most out of them and I don't have the same faith in Moyes. Plus RVP is going to get hurt this season. 2 full seasons in a row, sans injury, is not on his resume.

man did he disappear tonight too..didnt realize he was really in the game..

He's bald, he's red, he sleeps in fergies bed. Howard weeebbbbb howwwarrddd webbbbbb!

I'm extremely curious who will be reffing this Sunday. I'm hoping for anyone except phil dowd or howard webb. Does Webb even still have a job?

rough loss AZ... great for my fantasy team though.. other than van persie

Tottenham Hotspur@SpursOfficial 40m
The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Gareth Bale #THFC
Booooooooo! Gareth Bale has provided my fantasy teams with many, many points these past few seasons.

Liverpool look awesome so far. To think that Sturridge could be scoring goals for Chelsea. Instead, we've got Lukaku taking up space. :bang:

sturridge is really impressive so far. He has a superb first touch. Mignolet has been great as well. My gunners look better and got the best of spurs today. My wife is already on my case about the fact there will be non stop football, soccer and more football filling up our weekends haha

The race at the top will be interesting. I really like how Liverpool and Spurs have built up their squads. Also, LFC on the verge of getting D Mamadou Sakho from PSG, he's really good. Arsenal have lots of injuries but they're Arsenal and will prevail.

Once Juan Agudelo gets over to Stoke I'll watch most of their games. Agudelo, Shea, Cameron, and to a lesser extent Edu.

Booooooooo! Gareth Bale has provided my fantasy teams with many, many points these past few seasons.

Liverpool look awesome so far. To think that Sturridge could be scoring goals for Chelsea. Instead, we've got Lukaku taking up space. :bang:

Thanks for buying Torres and thanks for selling Sturridge to us!

FWIW, I would take Lukaku at Anfield in a heartbeat. Thought he and Sturridge would be the future leading the lines at Stamford Bridge and still rate him quite highly.

sturridge is really impressive so far. He has a superb first touch. Mignolet has been great as well. My gunners look better and got the best of spurs today. My wife is already on my case about the fact there will be non stop football, soccer and more football filling up our weekends haha

Sturridge will only get better as well. He was out for almost all of preseason recovering from and ankle and played today with a knock he picked up in 120 minutes midweek vs notts county. He's not yet been 100% fit or healthy yet this season.

Elated we are 9 points from 3 but we need the international break desperately. Sturridge and Toure should be fit once again in 2 weeks.

To be fair though, the difference between us being on 9 points vs 3 is Mignolet. The difference vs 9 and possibly less than 3 is Mignolet + Sturridge. We need to get healthy, bring in a few more players, and hope chemistry isn't shot when the cannibal returns. At the point we can put him on the left, move Coutinho back to attacking mid, and probably Hendo to the bench as cover for Gerrard or an attacking sub for Aspas on the right.

Thanks for buying Torres and thanks for selling Sturridge to us!

FWIW, I would take Lukaku at Anfield in a heartbeat. Thought he and Sturridge would be the future leading the lines at Stamford Bridge and still rate him quite highly.
You can have him. I know he's good (or at least supposed to be) but he's never panned out and hasn't shown much skill at all in the preseason and the first few weeks. He looks like another high-priced Chelsea bust a la Shevchenko. I guess he did well at WBA, but for some reason, being transferred to Stamford Bridge seems to bring out the worst in people. Hopefully Eto'o won't follow suit.

You can have him. I know he's good (or at least supposed to be) but he's never panned out and hasn't shown much skill at all in the preseason and the first few weeks. He looks like another high-priced Chelsea bust a la Shevchenko. I guess he did well at WBA, but for some reason, being transferred to Stamford Bridge seems to bring out the worst in people. Hopefully Eto'o won't follow suit.

I'm being completely honest when I say I'd take him over Torres or Ba. Keep in mind mind he's just turned 20 years old and has much left to learn. Perhaps it's his performance at wba or the fact that he's huge and Belgian but I think he could come off as another Benteke before all is done and dusted.

I'm not, however, convinced Chelsea will ever play a system that gives him the service that best suits him. He's a direct player and needs mids that will feed him. Chelsea are trying to play a pretty style with mids that are as likely to try and score themselves vs set the table for their strikers. Not a knock on that style as I ve obviously tipped them to win the league but it does feel a bit like a square peg/round hole situation at the moment. If they feed him like they did Drogba you may get similar results.

I'm being completely honest when I say I'd take him over Torres or Ba. Keep in mind mind he's just turned 20 years old and has much left to learn. Perhaps it's his performance at wba or the fact that he's huge and Belgian but I think he could come off as another Benteke before all is done and dusted.

I'm not, however, convinced Chelsea will ever play a system that gives him the service that best suits him. He's a direct player and needs mids that will feed him. Chelsea are trying to play a pretty style with mids that are as likely to try and score themselves vs set the table for their strikers. Not a knock on that style as I ve obviously tipped them to win the league but it does feel a bit like a square peg/round hole situation at the moment. If they feed him like they did Drogba you may get similar results.

See, that is the problem with Chelsea. They see talent and buy buy buy without any thought of how that player's skillset fits into the system. Of course, Abromovich changes managers more than his socks so there's not really been a system to speak of. I really thought that Torres was in for a heck of a year because I figured Mourinho would know exactly how to use him in the same way that Jurgen figured out how to use Jozy on the USMNT. Still waiting to see if Mourinho has the magic left in him. He's definitely got a lot of options to play with.

See, that is the problem with Chelsea. They see talent and buy buy buy without any thought of how that player's skillset fits into the system. Of course, Abromovich changes managers more than his socks so there's not really been a system to speak of. I really thought that Torres was in for a heck of a year because I figured Mourinho would know exactly how to use him in the same way that Jurgen figured out how to use Jozy on the USMNT. Still waiting to see if Mourinho has the magic left in him. He's definitely got a lot of options to play with.

The Torres signing never made sense since he and Drogba play the exact same spot on the pitch and at the time, and possibly still now, Drogba is better at it. Torres only shoots when the table is set perfect for him. The key to that puzzle was a mid 20s Gerrard playing as a number 10 for him. I'm not sure he's ever been completely right from the injury he had when you bought him from us either.

Fer nan do tor res, good leg he's got just one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom