EPL week 3 thread. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EPL week 3 thread.

chelsea and man city both seem lazy to me in terms of scouting. They let other squads do the hard labor and come in with the big checkbook. Then you have my gunners who do really well scouting but hate to write a big check and are unwilling often times to get that one extra player who can make a difference.

chelsea and man city both seem lazy to me in terms of scouting. They let other squads do the hard labor and come in with the big checkbook. Then you have my gunners who do really well scouting but hate to write a big check and are unwilling often times to get that one extra player who can make a difference.

Well he's now thrown his hat in the ring for Ozil so lets see if he gets that done.

I'm still surprised nobody in the pl moved for jackson martinez.

See, that is the problem with Chelsea. They see talent and buy buy buy without any thought of how that player's skillset fits into the system. Of course, Abromovich changes managers more than his socks so there's not really been a system to speak of. I really thought that Torres was in for a heck of a year because I figured Mourinho would know exactly how to use him in the same way that Jurgen figured out how to use Jozy on the USMNT. Still waiting to see if Mourinho has the magic left in him. He's definitely got a lot of options to play with.

What can you tell me about Victor Moses?

What can you tell me about Victor Moses?

Should be a very nice pickup for you guys. Strong, quick and creative. Somewhat in the mold of Drogba. Likes to create opportunities for himself with the ball at his feet. Can play the wing or up front. Disappointed to see him go.

Should be a very nice pickup for you guys. Strong, quick and creative. Somewhat in the mold of Drogba. Likes to create opportunities for himself with the ball at his feet. Can play the wing or up front. Disappointed to see him go.

It's only loan, not sure if a buy out is in the terms or not. Appreciate the insight.

It's only loan, not sure if a buy out is in the terms or not. Appreciate the insight.
I wonder if there's a clause in the contract that says he can't play against Chelsea.

Well he's now thrown his hat in the ring for Ozil so lets see if he gets that done.

I'm still surprised nobody in the pl moved for jackson martinez.

Seriously, everything Porto touches turns to gold. Martinez will move soon enough and their next great name is Juan Quintero.

EPL gets so many headlines but Serie A added Tevez, Higuain, Gomez, Llorente, and Balotelli (last winter).

I wonder if there's a clause in the contract that says he can't play against Chelsea.

Perhaps. Not sure he'd feature against them anyway since they obviously know how to defense him and attack him.

Seriously, everything Porto touches turns to gold. Martinez will move soon enough and their next great name is Juan Quintero.

EPL gets so many headlines but Serie A added Tevez, Higuain, Gomez, Llorente, and Balotelli (last winter).

Serie A needed to add players, their average starting age for players is ~42.

42.5 mil for ozil- i like him a lot but curious to see how he fits.
If it works arsenal could be much better than thought. Cazorla- giroud- ozil- theo- looking decent to me :)! gunners also just took a keeper on loan as well.

Lukaku has been loaned out again >>> Everton

Fellaini >>>> Manchester United

Peter Odemwingie >>> Cardiff City

Shane Long >>> Hull City

Stephane Sessegnon >>>> West Brom

42.5 mil for ozil- i like him a lot but curious to see how he fits.
If it works arsenal could be much better than thought. Cazorla- giroud- ozil- theo- looking decent to me :)! gunners also just took a keeper on loan as well.

I really like Ozil but that's a curious move for Arsenal. They wouldn't pay for Higuin or Suarez but then up paying over the odds for a player that plays in the one area they were already strong?

I really like Ozil but that's a curious move for Arsenal. They wouldn't pay for Higuin or Suarez but then up paying over the odds for a player that plays in the one area they were already strong?

yeah until there is a new manager its midfielders and wingers 'r us... ozil does a good job getting service into the box as he did for ronaldo so it should be good for giroud.

yeah until there is a new manager its midfielders and wingers 'r us... ozil does a good job getting service into the box as he did for ronaldo so it should be good for giroud.

Yeah I think you have great mids I'm just cutious who will be the odd man out or played out of position to accomodate. Perhaps they'll push Walcott further up into a strikers role? That always seemed like it would be worth a shot since he has the ability.

Meanwhile I'm watching the man u replay and Marriner lets some rough stuff go on. Van Persie reminds me of Suarez except he doesn't bite people. He's got the exact same short fuse and everyone in the park can see when he's about to lose it.

Odemwingie!! - Great name regardless of how its pronounced

O-DEM-WIN-GHEE (like the Indian clarified butter if you're familiar). Love it when the English announcers say it. Classy!

For Ozil is a guy that can spring Walcott and Podolski into good spaces. Also, I feel Ozil style wise fits very well with Arsenal. A good passing team with smart off the ball movement. Plus, the EPL has been dominated recently by the tricky passing #10 like Mata, Silva, and now Coutinho at Liverpool.

On a side note Man United is absolutely wasting Shinji Kagawa can't wait till he leaves and goes back to Dortmund.

For Ozil is a guy that can spring Walcott and Podolski into good spaces. Also, I feel Ozil style wise fits very well with Arsenal. A good passing team with smart off the ball movement. Plus, the EPL has been dominated recently by the tricky passing #10 like Mata, Silva, and now Coutinho at Liverpool.

On a side note Man United is absolutely wasting Shinji Kagawa can't wait till he leaves and goes back to Dortmund.

Mata can't even get a game at Chelsea at the moment. Not sure what Man U's deal is with Kagawa but Ashley Young is lost out there. The problem with some of the overly creative players is they struggle within the confines of a strict formation. Young was brilliant, when healthy, with Villa. Seems Silva and now Coutinho are being targeted by defenders and will need to adjust. Coutinho has been taken out more times in the first 3 games this year then he had been when he was anonymous for the 2nd half of last season. Guys just run up and throw their body into them which works on 140 lb players if the refs allow it and in the EPL it does often times.

Curious question for all EPL fans here. Why is everyone doubting Utd this year? Is it cuz you don't like them or you really think they are not that good this year?

Their midfield was poor last year, but they knew how to gut out wins against the lower clubs. Also, their defense is old and injury prone - even the younger guys seem injury prone. Van Persie and De Gea carried them last year, along with Carrick in holding midfield.

Moses is not nearly as physical as Drogba, but he is an excellent athlete, and works well from the wings. He is a poor man's Willian, in my opinion.

Perhaps. Not sure he'd feature against them anyway since they obviously know how to defense him and attack him.

I think it's an EPL rule that a loanee can't play against the side that owns him.

Mata can't even get a game at Chelsea at the moment. Not sure what Man U's deal is with Kagawa but Ashley Young is lost out there. The problem with some of the overly creative players is they struggle within the confines of a strict formation. Young was brilliant, when healthy, with Villa. Seems Silva and now Coutinho are being targeted by defenders and will need to adjust. Coutinho has been taken out more times in the first 3 games this year then he had been when he was anonymous for the 2nd half of last season. Guys just run up and throw their body into them which works on 140 lb players if the refs allow it and in the EPL it does often times.

Mourinho seemed intent on making examples of Mata and Luiz before he even arrived. I don't get that at all. How can you not work with a player first. Those 2 have been Chelsea's best players for the past year or so. Jose's reliance on the old guys too much is going to bite him soon. I'm tired of these November swoons.

Mourinho seemed intent on making examples of Mata and Luiz before he even arrived. I don't get that at all. How can you not work with a player first. Those 2 have been Chelsea's best players for the past year or so. Jose's reliance on the old guys too much is going to bite him soon. I'm tired of these November swoons.

If I'm Juan Mata I want out ASAP. The guy is the 2x POY at Chelsea and he's not playing. I know Barca was linked with Luiz for most the summer I could see that happening in January. Why does Mou not like them? I missed that nugget of info.

If I'm Juan Mata I want out ASAP. The guy is the 2x POY at Chelsea and he's not playing. I know Barca was linked with Luiz for most the summer I could see that happening in January. Why does Mou not like them? I missed that nugget of info.

Thinks he doesn't track back enough on defense. I'm flabbergasted. We lacked creativity at United and could have won that game. Mata is the perfect number 10, and Mourinho said in pre-season, he sees Mata as a right winger, and compared him to Joe Cole - whom Mourinho had a very difficult time with, and essentially tossed away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom