EPL week 3 thread. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

EPL week 3 thread.

Moses is not nearly as physical as Drogba, but he is an excellent athlete, and works well from the wings. He is a poor man's Willian, in my opinion.

To be fair we had Willian in the bag until you swooped late for him. He'll be Interesting to watch as he's got tons of creativity but his shooting has left a lot more to be desired so far. How is Moses defensively?

The Moses move kind of perplexed me until I realized he's replacement for Stewart Downing and all of the sudden I like it. Not sure if he'll start and relegate Aspas to the bench or if he'll come on in his place ahead of Sterling but our bench has been way too young thus far. Thankfully we've been playing ahead as I'm not sure we had the subs to bring us back prior.

I really like Ozil but that's a curious move for Arsenal. They wouldn't pay for Higuin or Suarez but then up paying over the odds for a player that plays in the one area they were already strong?

971440_746683368705215_1839542664_n.jpg

If they're depending on wilshire and rosicky as holding/defensive midfielders they'll be having a rough go of it on defense.

More like Ramsey/Wilshere/Arteta (when healthy). I still think they need a DM badly and would be smart to try and go after Diame from West Ham or even Morgan Schneiderlein from Southampton in January.

To be fair we had Willian in the bag until you swooped late for him. He'll be Interesting to watch as he's got tons of creativity but his shooting has left a lot more to be desired so far. How is Moses defensively?

The Moses move kind of perplexed me until I realized he's replacement for Stewart Downing and all of the sudden I like it. Not sure if he'll start and relegate Aspas to the bench or if he'll come on in his place ahead of Sterling but our bench has been way too young thus far. Thankfully we've been playing ahead as I'm not sure we had the subs to bring us back prior.

I'd be surprised if Moses did not start ahead of Aspas.

Could well depend on the opponent but whoever starts there will have the shortest leash on the team.

Its definitely nice to have some quality depth for once. Too many times in recent years Liverpool has been in trouble when their first option got hurt or went into a slump.

I am optimistic about the new signings, and cautiously optimistic about the possibility of a top 4 finish for the first time in quite a while.

Its definitely nice to have some quality depth for once. Too many times in recent years Liverpool has been in trouble when their first option got hurt or went into a slump.

I am optimistic about the new signings, and cautiously optimistic about the possibility of a top 4 finish for the first time in quite a while.

Agreed. It appears we have stepped it up which I kind of expected in year 2 under Rodgers. It also appears the rest of the league took a step back. Moyes looks like a mess with fergies roster, chelsea have been effictive but not inspiring, and city is unpredictable as always but still lack a back line to matcht their scoring firepower.

Only place we lack cover is for Lucas.

I'm a little worried about Coutinho. I think teams are going to try to beat him up this year, and in my opinion Liverpool will be a lot less dangerous without him.

Im a little worried about Coutinho. I think teams are going to try to beat him up this year, and in my opinion Liverpool will be a lot less dangerous without him.

Teams have been beating him up already but he hasn't yet played in his proper position yet either. Every game someone has taken a cheap shot at him thus far.

Willian was headed to Spurs, not Liverpool. He even took a physical there.

Moses is a great signing for you. He plays really well on the right wing. I see him in your front 4 with Suarez up top with Aspas or Coutinho as the number 10 and Sturridge on the left wing. Sterling off the bench.

Agreed. It appears we have stepped it up which I kind of expected in year 2 under Rodgers. It also appears the rest of the league took a step back. Moyes looks like a mess with fergies roster, chelsea have been effictive but not inspiring, and city is unpredictable as always but still lack a back line to matcht their scoring firepower.

Despite all their injuries on defense, City has been at the very top of the league in fewest goals allowed for the past few years.

Willian was headed to Spurs, not Liverpool. He even took a physical there.

Moses is a great signing for you. He plays really well on the right wing. I see him in your front 4 with Suarez up top with Aspas or Coutinho as the number 10 and Sturridge on the left wing. Sterling off the bench.

To start It will likely be:
-----------------Sturridge-----------------
Suarez--------------------Aspas/Moses
--------------Coutino--------------
Gerrard---------------Lucas

We're not going to move an in form Sturridge, Suarez will be in the same spot he plays for Uruguay, and our front 3 rotate anyway. I think the biggest bonus will be allowing Coutinho to start central and a bit deeper where he can run at defenses.

To start It will likely be:
-----------------Sturridge-----------------
Suarez--------------------Aspas/Moses
--------------Coutino--------------
Gerrard---------------Lucas

We're not going to move an in form Sturridge, Suarez will be in the same spot he plays for Uruguay, and our front 3 rotate anyway. I think the biggest bonus will be allowing Coutinho to start central and a bit deeper where he can run at defenses.

Rodgers has done a fine job and you guys are off to a great start. Nice win over United, who will struggle under Moyes for at least a couple months, IMO. I'm not sure about your depth in the back four, but signing Mignolet to replace Reina was great work.

I think you guys are going to challenge Spurs and Arsenal for a top 4 spot. Spurs look very athletic in midfield, but lack a creative type. I think they missed Rafael Vander Vart (and his amazingly hot wife!) last year and think AVB was too quick to dump him.

Arsenal still need a better striker, although Giroud is doing great so far. Ozil was a good signing. I expect him to play out on the wing with Cazorla in the number 10 role. Ozil has better speed and the ability to get past people on the dribble. People question Arsenal's defense, but they were rock solid in the second half of last season, and should be good again, barring injury.

Rodgers has done a fine job and you guys are off to a great start. Nice win over United, who will struggle under Moyes for at least a couple months, IMO. I'm not sure about your depth in the back four, but signing Mignolet to replace Reina was great work.

I think you guys are going to challenge Spurs and Arsenal for a top 4 spot. Spurs look very athletic in midfield, but lack a creative type. I think they missed Rafael Vander Vart (and his amazingly hot wife!) last year and think AVB was too quick to dump him.

Arsenal still need a better striker, although Giroud is doing great so far. Ozil was a good signing. I expect him to play out on the wing with Cazorla in the number 10 role. Ozil has better speed and the ability to get past people on the dribble. People question Arsenal's defense, but they were rock solid in the second half of last season, and should be good again, barring injury.

My preseason top 4 were Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United and I've seen nothing to date to make me question that.

Injuries are always the great unknown but we are off to a nice start despite not being 100% healthy or having the cannibal running rabdid out there. Sturridge will improve hit health/ftiness, Suarez will be back, and Coutinho will move to a better postion which makes us a lot more interesting in the attacking half. Anything we get from Moses will be a bonus but he should have plenty of room to operate. We did well to reinforce a solid, but thin back line. Johnsons injury hurts because Cissoko got nicked as well but we're solid in the middle and will have solid depth once Johnson, Toure, and Cissoko return from what appear to be short term injuries. Right now the 3 we can't do without are Enrique, Lucas, and to a lessor extent Gerrard.

I thought Spurs would be a bit further along to start but they still have boatloads of potential and we'll be challenging for CL by seasons end. Need a bit of time to gel yet.

Arsenal are tricky to figure out. Ozil gives them a lot of options moving forward but I'm still not sold on them in the defensive half. Perhaps it's the fact they never have a top keeper or watching Villa counter them like crazy game 1 but they look suspect when pressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom