Eric White | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eric White

with McDonald as wr coach only at nc state who says he can bring any coach in?

with McDonald as wr coach only at nc state who says he can bring any coach in?

Yeah and it's not like State doesn't already have a recruiting coordinator. And why do you all keep thinking that coaches and staff stay until after LOI. They don't.

He probably updated his resume and needed a more generic handle.

When I read "New York's college team!!", before I got to the "#Syracuse", I thought, "Oh God - he's headed to Buffalo!"
LOL...It says it on their jerseys even. Must be true.

The only thing about Eric White leaving that REALLY makes me nervous is that in Justin's interview with Robert Washington, Washington singled out Eric White as one of his favorites at SU.

That was bizarre. Coach White?

I thought that there were limits about who on staff could and couldn't contact recruits or is that limited who can make in home visits?

That was bizarre. Coach White?

I thought that there were limits about who on staff could and couldn't contact recruits or is that limited who can make in home visits?

All the recruits refer to him as Coach White.

no offense but i think there are posters on this board who could do his job. Him moving on isnt the end all be all.

Running a Twitter handle is one thing; being able to socialize and be on the same page with 16-18 year old recruits on the phone and in-person is another. That's where he excels at his job. The Gift of Gab is necessary and some of you may be underestimating that important skill for this type of job.

Running a Twitter handle is one thing; being able to socialize and be on the same page with 16-18 year old recruits on the phone and in-person is another. That's where he excels at his job. The Gift of Gab is necessary and some of you may be underestimating that important skill for this type of job.

If I may ask? How old are you? College coaches have had to "sell" a school/program to a kid for YEARS/decades. Switching to a social media platform isnt something that any person in their 20's should have any trouble doing.

Again, would hate to see him go, but he is far from irreplaceable. Every school has a guy like him on staff.

orangeinjersey said:
If I may ask? How old are you? College coaches have had to "sell" a school/program to a kid for YEARS/decades. Switching to a social media platform isnt something that any person in their 20's should have any trouble doing. Again, would hate to see him go, but he is far from irreplaceable. Every school has a guy like him on staff.

Right - competency is one thing. Eric seems to excel at it. As his long list of solid relationships attests to.

If I may ask? How old are you? College coaches have had to "sell" a school/program to a kid for YEARS/decades. Switching to a social media platform isnt something that any person in their 20's should have any trouble doing.

Again, would hate to see him go, but he is far from irreplaceable. Every school has a guy like him on staff.

I'm in my 30's.

I understand; however, why not try and keep a kid who is already very well-versed on all things SU and has also made his own in-roads with HS coaches in key recruiting areas?

I'm sure any tech-savvy person could run a social media recruiting platform; that's not the point though. He brings a lot more to the table than just DM'ing with some 17 year old kid in Florida. He can SELL and he's a rising star in this business.

Take some of Gary Gait's salary and re-allocate it to Eric White.

Here's why I want to keep Eric White around: literally every recruit makes it a point to mention what a great relationship they've forged with him, how much they love him, etc.

That tells me he's doing SOMETHING right beyond just performing a task anyone could do.

Here's why I want to keep Eric White around: literally every recruit makes it a point to mention what a great relationship they've forged with him, how much they love him, etc.

That tells me he's doing SOMETHING right beyond just performing a task anyone could do.

Every recruits says that about at LEAST 1 person on the staff. How many of rutgers recruits LOVE flood. How many at UConn LOVE Diaco? Hell how many of ours LOVE shafer. My point is, if he's gone, they will "love" someone else.

Every recruits says that about at LEAST 1 person on the staff. How many of rutgers recruits LOVE flood. How many at UConn LOVE Diaco? Hell how many of ours LOVE shafer. My point is, if he's gone, they will "love" someone else.

Maybe, maybe not. At least with White you have a known quantity.

I agree that no one is irreplaceable, but hate it, even in the business world, when someone leaves because the company is unwilling to match a few bucks. Now, if he was leaving for an assistant coaching job or an Associate Athletic Director job, then I wouldn't blame him or be upset in the least.

You hope. I don't want to hope someone else fills the gap. With him here there is no gap from his absence to hope to fill. (I'm not saying we couldn't do better with additional hires or there is no gap period. I am saying without him there would be a gap to fill that I don't know would be filled).

orangeinjersey said:

You are missing the point. This is their first contact with the school - he gets our foot in the door, builds relationships - at a really high level. Plus you just named a lot of HC's. They're better be guys kids love once they get to that point - this kid is special.

They're are more like him, sure. But why start over?

You are missing the point. This is their first contact with the school - he gets our foot in the door, builds relationships - at a really high level. Plus you just named a lot of HC's. They're better be guys kids love once they get to that point - this kid is special.

They're are more like him, sure. But why start over?

I guess shafer should never be fired

orangeinjersey said:
I guess shafer should never be fired

Hey say what you want about special teams, offensive football, smashed podiums and ISIS - Shafer and co. have upgraded our recruiting.

Hey say what you want about special teams, offensive football, smashed podiums and ISIS - Shafer and co. have upgraded our recruiting.

Its no use, dude. The response will be the ACC and the IFP have upgraded our recruiting. I firmly believe the recruiting is better now than it has been since recruiting rankings have been kept and while I am sure being in the ACC and the construction of the IFP help, certain members of our current and recently former staff -- GMcD, White, Acosta, Bullough, Daoust, HCSS -- are much better at recruiting than our prior staffs. We will all now hear the arguments again, though.

dinosaurbbq said:
Its no use, dude. The response will be the ACC and the IFP have upgraded our recruiting. I firmly believe the recruiting is better now than it has been since recruiting rankings have been kept and while I am sure being in the ACC and the construction of the IFP help, certain members of our current and recently former staff -- GMcD, White, Acosta, Bullough, Daoust, HCSS -- are much better at recruiting than our prior staffs. We will all now hear the arguments again, though.

Our recruiting may be somewhat better, but based on rankings we don't seem to be keeping up with the rest of the ACC.

orangeinjersey said:
Recruiting is great, we won 3 games

With Marrone's recruits and a bunch of talented but inexperienced freshman.

Our recruiting may be somewhat better, but based on rankings we don't seem to be keeping up with the rest of the ACC.
Source and analysis of the ranking algorithm, please.

Wow, three pages of speculation because someone changed their twitter handle? I wonder what Coach Schwartzwalder would think about that. Guess Dylan was right - the times they are a-changin'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom