Eric White | Syracusefan.com

Eric White

JJReddawg

All Conference
Is there any reason to be concerned that he changed his Twitter handle from @EricWhiteCuse to @EricWhite08?

JJReddawg said:
Is there any reason to be concerned that he changed his Twitter handle from @EricWhiteCuse to @EricWhite08?

He gone?

Hardly irreplaceable if he is gone.
I hope Eric is still here, he's been great - but it seems like Cole Dial is ready to step up and take over that role if Eric is, in fact, out the door.

I hope Eric is still here, he's been great - but it seems like Cole Dial is ready to step up and take over that role if Eric is, in fact, out the door.
Agreed. That position will always be temporary if the guy doing it is any good at it.

The only thing about Eric White leaving that REALLY makes me nervous is that in Justin's interview with Robert Washington, Washington singled out Eric White as one of his favorites at SU.
That was my concern as well after reading the interview and then seeing the changed Twitter handle.

1. It's been like that for a week. I noticed on Monday but didn't want to stir the pot. I figured we would have heard something by now.

Someone with a twitter account should ask him.

1. It's been like that for a week. I noticed on Monday but didn't want to stir the pot. I figured we would have heard something by now.

Eric is important with a lot of commits since he talks to all of them. IF he were leaving they would try and get to NSD first. I know he says he's staying, but it's not like he'd say he was leaving if they were trying to keep it a secret. I have a pretty bad feeling about it, and while I agree he is certainly replaceable, he also would be a big reason if we were ever to pull Robert Washington. Normally over 1 recruit I wouldn't care, but from a perception standpoint, and the quality of athlete that he has said he would recruit to Syracuse would be invaluable.

Eric is important with a lot of commits since he talks to all of them. IF he were leaving they would try and get to NSD first. I know he says he's staying, but it's not like he'd say he was leaving if they were trying to keep it a secret. I have a pretty bad feeling about it, and while I agree he is certainly replaceable, he also would be a big reason if we were ever to pull Robert Washington. Normally over 1 recruit I wouldn't care, but from a perception standpoint, and the quality of athlete that he has said he would recruit to Syracuse would be invaluable.
Hell, just promote Acosta to WR coach and make Eric the TE coach. I know, I know, he's never coached...but I was talking to one of the coaches at my school (who was just at the Future Football Coaches Academy with Siriki Diabate, incidentally) and he said that TE coach is probably the least important in terms of actual responsibility, because the TEs work as much with the WR and OL coaches as they do with the TE coach anyway.

There are assets in this program and there are non-assets that flat out aren't getting the job done. For example, Daoust and Bullough and Acosta are assets, Smith and Adam are not. If you don't realize that Eric White is a huge asset, you don't know what it is he does for this program and why that is important. Is he irreplaceable? No, no one on this staff or at this school is. However, he is probably better at what he does than anyone else in the football program is at what they do. We were essentially going without someone in his position just like we are going without a Special Teams coordinator now. Recruiting is not an afterthought and neither is special teams. Are we a crappy high school team or do we want to play major college football?

White's assistance in recruiting is huge. If you read the Washington article, you ought to know he won't be coming to SU if White leaves. Washington is far from the only one. Yes, someone else can step in and do a worse job at it that impacts recruiting at a time that we really need recruiting to improve.

There are assets in this program and there are non-assets that flat out aren't getting the job done. For example, Daoust and Bullough and Acosta are assets, Smith and Adam are not. If you don't realize that Eric White is a huge asset, you don't know what it is he does for this program and why that is important. Is he irreplaceable? No, no one on this staff or at this school is. However, he is probably better at what he does than anyone else in the football program is at what they do. We were essentially going without someone in his position just like we are going without a Special Teams coordinator now. Recruiting is not an afterthought and neither is special teams. Are we a crappy high school team or do we want to play major college football?

White's assistance in recruiting is huge. If you read the Washington article, you ought to know he won't be coming to SU if White leaves. Washington is far from the only one. Yes, someone else can step in and do a worse job at it that impacts recruiting at a time that we really need recruiting to improve.
While I agree that we want to keep White, I'm not sure we'd for sure lose Washington if White leaves. Washington loves a lot about SU, not just White.

Didn't he come in with McDonald? If so, doesn't it make sense that he'd follow him out the door? I mean, him not tweeting anything since Dec 19 seems to be a pretty strong clue that he's not all that involved here anymore.

There's no chance he was implicated in the NCAA investigation, is there?

Didn't he come in with McDonald? If so, doesn't it make sense that he'd follow him out the door? I mean, him not tweeting anything since Dec 19 seems to be a pretty strong clue that he's not all that involved here anymore.

Not really. The coaches and staff were on vacation for a few weeks. He didn't tweet for several weeks the last time either.

Not really. The coaches and staff were on vacation for a few weeks. He didn't tweet for several weeks the last time either.

Ok, but what about the visits this week?

Why does anyone think he wants to be a coach? As far as I know he has no desire to coach.

What about them. They coaches aren't allowed to tweet out to the kids or about the kids visiting.

I just thought it was odd. Doesn't he usually show up in pics with visitors, or tweeting some out? I don't follow him on Twitter but usually end up seeing the RTs and such on my TL or on the board.

I forgot about the dead period, so I appreciate that note. To me though, the signs seem to be pointing to him being gone or on his way out. Of course I could also be adding 1 and 1, and coming out with 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom