ESPN/ABC's NBA coverage | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN/ABC's NBA coverage

Lol that's from Conan, isn't it??

Indeed it is. Right around the time NBC lost the NBA broadcasting rights Conan was lamenting how we'd no longer hear John Tesh's classic theme song, so he was looking for new ways to incorporate it into programming NBC still had access to. Hilarious.

This is completely unrelated to basketball, but speaking of NBC, here is a clip of Brian Williams rapping Warren G's "Regulate".

Of course, the music in that video is from the 1982 song "I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near)", it's a cool riff:

nba on nbc- is a tradition that never should have gone away. abc and espn ruined this as well as monday night football for me. The thursday night and sunday night take away from the spectacle mnf was. And then losing nba on nbc.. ugggh. I still check nbc incorrectly in the directv guide and then have to flip it up a channel.

I think it had more to do with the fact that a lot of the series in that era (article is from 07) were either mismatches (Spurs-Nets, Spurs-Cavs) or low scoring, boring series (Spurs-Pistons)

Finals ratings have bounced back huge since the nadir in 2007, which was a boring sweep between Cleveland and San Antonio. They've been just over a 10 for the last 3 years.

I'd rather it be on NBC than ABC, but I don't think what network the game is on has much to do with the rating. It's all about the teams and the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom