ESPN/ABC's NBA coverage | Syracusefan.com

ESPN/ABC's NBA coverage

Eric15

Living Legend
I just can't stand it - everything about it annoys me. The theme song, the boring announcers, the boring pre-game show, etc etc. The NBA on NBC was the gold standard, and I wish it would come back with Bob Costas being the play-by-play guy.

I miss this...

I generally don't watch the pre game or halftime to comment on it but the one thing I will say is that I don't like Bill Simmons. He's like a fish out of water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Is this game ever going to start?

And I know I sound like the grumpy old guy here, but clearly the NBA doesn't give a rat's patoot about children. My kid has been asleep for over a half hour - they can't start at 8 to give the young ones just a taste of the finals?

I generally don't watch the pre game or halftime to comment on it but the one thing I will say is that I don't like Bill Simmons. He's like a fish out of water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

He's obviously an exceptionally talented writer, but he's just so boring on TV.

He's obviously an exceptionally talented writer, but he's just so boring on TV.

He's super smarmy and not nearly as charismatic as he thinks, is one of the problems. Unless you're Bill Murray, you can't get away with constant smarm.

Thank God they fixed the volume. First 5 minutes you couldn't hear anything the announcers were saying.

I like the sport's guy, Bill Simmons. He is smart and articulate. I don't need the flash.
Edit-he is the one guy on espn that won't let them put him on "insider" for the extra fee. Thankfully I have all you nice people to give me the jist of those articles...

I like Van Gundy too based on the limited NBA I do watch. I can't stand the between quarter interviews unless it's Craig Sager with Pop. Their interactions have gotten pretty funny. But I will never see the point. The coaches never say anything worth hearing and don't want to be there. Just let the coaches do their job and leave them alone during the game! It's the same with all sports that do in-game interviews.

I like Van Gundy too based on the limited NBA I do watch. I can't stand the between quarter interviews unless it's Craig Sager with Pop. Their interactions have gotten pretty funny. But I will never see the point. The coaches never say anything worth hearing and don't want to be there. Just let the coaches do their job and leave them alone during the game! It's the same with all sports that do in-game interviews.

I like Van Gundy when he's calling out the refs for being terrible.

The NBA on NBC music was the best.

To be fair, that's what I grew up on, so that might be why I say that, but it really was awesome.

Yeah. I guess the idea is cool, but they're never going to give you anything worthwhile

Edit: one disagreement with the OP; Marv should be the pbp man, not Costas. Marv is the gold standard, IMO.

I like Van Gundy when he's calling out the refs for being terrible.
That's about the only time I can't stand him, besides that he's boring. I've been hoping the last few years he gets another coaching gig so we can get him off the tube.

At least ESPN shows live sports, unlike NBC. I woke up early this morning because I assumed I would be able to watch Nadal / Djokovic at least for an hour before heading off to work. Of course NBC doesn't show live sports and I can't even watch it streaming. If it weren't for Parks & Rec, I would have no reason to have to turn on that clown show of a television network.

At least ESPN shows live sports, unlike NBC. I woke up early this morning because I assumed I would be able to watch Nadal / Djokovic at least for an hour before heading off to work. Of course NBC doesn't show live sports and I can't even watch it streaming. If it weren't for Parks & Rec, I would have no reason to have to turn on that clown show of a television network.

Do you have Tennis Channel?

This is the very best way the NBA on NBC music was ever used:

And I agree, Bill Simmons seems out of place. He's a guy who truly works best in print, and even there he's gotten too full of himself.

Lol that's from Conan, isn't it??

This is completely unrelated to basketball, but speaking of NBC, here is a clip of Brian Williams rapping Warren G's "Regulate".

Is this game ever going to start?

And I know I sound like the grumpy old guy here, but clearly the NBA doesn't give a rat's patoot about children. My kid has been asleep for over a half hour - they can't start at 8 to give the young ones just a taste of the finals?
They care more about the west coast seeing the beginning of the game than they do the east coast seeing the end of it. They could start the game at 8 and it would be over around 10. Some west coasters would miss the start (not that anyone on the west coast is watching with the Lakers out), but they'd be home in time to catch the second half, which is all that matters anyway. They're morons.

Do you have Tennis Channel?

No. Unfortunately. I get pretty livid that the Friday night sessions at the Open are on the tennis channel.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone else think there were more commercials in Game 1 than any other game so far in the playoffs? Felt like an NCAA tournament game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom