ESPN ACC position rankings: Quarterback | Syracusefan.com

ESPN ACC position rankings: Quarterback

Good on you ESPN.

Anyone else get the feeling that FSU's running the table this year and winning it all?

Wow, starting to get a little respect.
I read that part of ED's winter workout regiment is designed to strengthen his arm. If he accomplishes this goal and, more importantly, proves he can stay healthy for an entire season, I think he could be one of the best pro QB prospects in the ACC.

Keep in mind that the upcoming season will be the first time Eric has been in the same offensive system for two consecutive years since his freshman year in HS. Barring injury, this should be the year that ED breaks most of the single season passing records.

I read that part of ED's winter workout regiment is designed to strengthen his arm. If he accomplishes this goal and, more importantly, proves he can stay healthy for an entire season, I think he could be one of the best pro QB prospects in the ACC.

Keep in mind that the upcoming season will be the first time Eric has been in the same offensive system for two consecutive years since his freshman year in HS. Barring injury, this should be the year that ED breaks most of the single season passing records.

Following Steve Ishmael since HS, I wouldn't be surprised if this kids been working his ace off every second of every day to be just as good as AET was.

I'm extremely excited to see Dungey's 2nd year in the system with an improved/more experienced line. I think Erv Phillips/Ish/Ravian and Custis/Butler could prove to be one of the most dynamic pass attacks in the league. Not to mention we have threats like Moe and Dontae to catch screens/slots.

I think the one thing potentially holding Dungey back from a program/ACC record year, besides injury, is being complemented by a legitimate power run game. Pierre is the potential difference maker for our season.

Following Steve Ishmael since HS, I wouldn't be surprised if this kids been working his ace off every second of every day to be just as good as AET was.

I'm extremely excited to see Dungey's 2nd year in the system with an improved/more experienced line. I think Erv Phillips/Ish/Ravian and Custis/Butler could prove to be one of the most dynamic pass attacks in the league. Not to mention we have threats like Moe and Dontae to catch screens/slots.

I think the one thing potentially holding Dungey back from a program/ACC record year, besides injury, is being complemented by a legitimate power run game. Pierre is the potential difference maker for our season.
I completely agree about the run game or lack thereof. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it will be much better than last year...it certainly couldn't be any worse.

I completely agree about the run game or lack thereof. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it will be much better than last year...it certainly couldn't be any worse.

I think it's only up from here, can't get much worse. Unfortunately Babers made it pretty clear that the Shafer recruited RB's were like trying to fit square pegs in round holes when being implemented into his system.

Fortunately though Shafer blessed us with RB recruits that double as very solid back field/slot passing options between Strickland and Neal.

All I can think about today is getting back to the Harrison Lot to tailgate.

Barring injury, this should be the year that ED breaks most of the single season passing records.
i think many are underestimating the departure of AET and how he bailed the offense out on many occasions. I don't know that we have a legit ACC deep burner on this roster.

i think many are underestimating the departure of AET and how he bailed the offense out on many occasions. I don't know that we have a legit ACC deep burner on this roster.

I think speeds the only slight question mark on Ishmael but I think his hands are there. He's already made some circus catches for us and has an above 75% reception rate for balls thrown 10 yards or further (2nd to only AET). I think he gives us a great shot at getting as close to the same production as we can.

AET wasn't a burner either. He was a deep threat because he dominated 1 v 1 coverage. Think about the jump balls he won, those were the bailouts. Mostly because he was so much bigger than DB's covering him.

An inside running game will force safeties to the inside and limit the amount of over the top coverage they can put on our outside WR's. If they double cover the outside guys the inside guys and TE should have field day, as well as room to run.

i don't believe the offense requires a top end speed guy. What it does require are BIG wr's who can dominate midget DBs. Can't have 5-11 outside guys. Needs legit 6-0+ 200lb kids. I think this is why our incoming outside kids are very exciting. They're big dudes.

Arm strength is not increased by weight training , ( look at MLB pitchers) it's mechanics and wrist action most is god given . Watching ED it's his feet that are in need of work as the throw always starts with your feet

It always starts with the offensive line. Hopefully a second off season will have the guys better prepared. The personnel will be the same for the most part. I have good things from a few people about Servais.
Servais and Heckel both traveled with the team last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Heckel beats out Byrne at C.

Assuming Dungey stays healthy and puts up the numbers we all think he can in this offense, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts his name in for the NFL draft and the keys get handed to Culpeper/DeVito/stud QB we'll assuredly sign in the next recruiting class.

It always starts with the offensive line. Hopefully a second off season will have the guys better prepared. The personnel will be the same for the most part. I have good things from a few people about Servais.
I agree. We were really young along the front line last year. With a year of development under their belts, we can only improve.

Good on you ESPN.

Anyone else get the feeling that FSU's running the table this year and winning it all?
If they get past Bama I think they will.

Assuming Dungey stays healthy and puts up the numbers we all think he can in this offense, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts his name in for the NFL draft and the keys get handed to Culpeper/DeVito/stud QB we'll assuredly sign in the next recruiting class.

Eric is a very good college QB. And that's a great thing for this program

The book so far is qbs coming out of this system struggle at the next level

dont tell Thor that. he added weight to throw harder.

weight training does help pitchers but much of it is in the back and legs not your bench press.

Yes, and the difference is pitchers get to torque and push off the rubber where qbs dont have that foundation to push off of on terms of increased leg strength.

Dont think garrapolo will.

Yep. I still think he could jump. He wouldn't have much else to prove at this level and can try and cash in while he's still upright.