ESPN ACC position rankings: Wide receivers and tight ends | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN ACC position rankings: Wide receivers and tight ends

Yeah - but it's relative to the competition, no? I mean Ish is playing vs slower DB's most of the time than the Pats receivers are.
I hate having conversations like this because it involves a current player and my preference is to never discuss shortcomings. I chimed in because I honestly believe many are setting their expectations way too high for Ish.

He's not going to fill AET's role. Steve is much more a possession style WR. Great hands, great blocker and good route runner. I just don't see him, or maybe anyone on the roster, getting behind DB's multiple times a game like AET. Hopefully, with an improved running game and utilizing a pass catching TE will make-up the difference. Imo, you'll see far more balance in the run to pass ratio which should make the offense even harder to defend.

I hate having conversations like this because it involves a current player and my preference is to never discuss shortcomings. I chimed in because I honestly believe many are setting their expectations way too high for Ish.

He's not going to fill AET's role. Steve is much more a possession style WR. Great hands, great blocker and good route runner. I just don't see him, or maybe anyone on the roster, getting behind DB's multiple times a game like AET. Hopefully, with an improved running game and utilizing a pass catching TE will make-up the difference. Imo, you'll see far more balance in the run to pass ratio which should make the offense even harder to defend.

I agree. I poked my head into the discussion just to say Ish is a lot like other guys who lack in one area, but can make up for it in others. I don't see him as a burner either. But I don't think he needs to run away from DB's to be really effective. He routinely gets 1 on 1 balls, which is a bit like AET. (The comp between Patriots players is that - guys who are limited in the speed dept, but do lots of other valuable things. I stand by that comp).

I think Custis maybe? - but I'm more sold on Butler being a guy who can get behind the D. He's a track guy with real speed.

I'm with you on the TE and RB helping this offense really go. It's going to be fun.

Ish needs to have the speed jump that Alec Lemon had

I agree. I poked my head into the discussion just to say Ish is a lot like other guys who lack in one area, but can make up for it in others. I don't see him as a burner either. But I don't think he needs to run away from DB's to be really effective. He routinely gets 1 on 1 balls, which is a bit like AET. (The comp between Patriots players is that - guys who are limited in the speed dept, but do lots of other valuable things. I stand by that comp).

I think Custis maybe? - but I'm more sold on Butler being a guy who can get behind the D. He's a track guy with real speed.

I'm with you on the TE and RB helping this offense really go. It's going to be fun.

Agree, he has never been a burner and there are few guys in the acc and nfl for that matter that blow by guys. Wrs get open these days with the ability to get off the los, recognize coverage, and ad lib when plays break down. Combo routes and spreading the field get guys open. Butler could be that threat that gives our offense some spacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom