ESPN Blue Blood Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Blue Blood Rankings

Jake would not have asked TC in 92. it wouldn't have been the honorable thing to do.

I think TC also always had his eye on the NFL anyway.

if we had relative success the last 15 years...again, we'd be close to Pitt.

which should be the game circled on the calendar every year.

that and to a degree, BC.

ha!

I love that RU is ranked behind Indiana and Vandy, those two football factories.

These lists are entertaining but hardly accurate or objective once you get outside of the top 20 schools or so. Oregon is a new kid on the block so to speak so I'd put Syracuse ahead of them and Arkansas? Virginia Tech?? Arizona State??? Really? Cuse should be in the Top 25.

And why do you guys care so much about Rutgers lol? To be fair they have over 600 wins and I believe are right on par with Boston College with total victories and they are certainly ahead of Indy and Vanderbilt in the W department. Both BC and RU won only one shared Big East title and both came after Miami and VT bolted. As far as I'm concerned both BC and RU each had one shining moment in the regular season (the Flutie play and Louisville game respectively) and won a bunch of bowl games no one cares about. I know Rutty fans can be ass clowns and you guys have no love lost for BC either but for one to be ranked #44 and the other to be #80 shows how much perception trumps fact in college football. BC just happened to be the more competitive program during the information boom of the 90's and early 2000's when teams outside of the true blue bloods started getting more and more exposure nationally. That's why Oregon is ranked higher than the Orange when they really shouldn't be. If you want to go by "what have you done for me lately" then yes Oregon deserves that spot but then does Notre Dame deserve to be that high up?

I'm not sure I can take this seriously. Not when Rutgers, "the Birth Place of Football", is only ranked tied #80. We all know they should be much higher...hell, just ask their fans.

Well according to them college football started in 2006, so they should be higher.

I've always wondered if Pasqualoni, after 1992, got some NFL buzz or buzz to go to a bigger program where would things be now if Jake had made the hire to replace Paul. Who would have been the guy at that time to go after? Would Coughlin leave BC for Syracuse prior to Jax, Would Edsall have been ready, would have Dick Mac come back...very interesting hypotheticals at that point. Obviously a different set of names had P left after the big uptick post the Gator Bowl.

I assume Paul's white whale job would have been Penn St so this is prob a moot discussion but it makes me wonder what ground the program would have been on if the transition occurred at the height and with Jake calling the shots.

I am a little confused about when you are referring to. The Gator Bowl win was in Dec. '95 over Clemson. The Jan. '92 win was the Fiesta Bowl over Colorado. Both were great victories. I'm only trying to clarify because both wins could have brought P some calls from the NFL, but each would have brought a different set of candidates. I think the only exception to that would have been Edsall on both lists. No way TC turns down the Jags for us, but I am not sure he would have come to SU in 1992 either, with eyes for the League. I am thinking in '95-96 a Bowden is higher on that list. Tommy was the Auburn OC at the time for his brother Terry. I also see them looking at ECU. Bill Lewis in 1992, and his replacement Steve Logan if 1996. We played them often and had a lot of respect for them in those days.

Fun question to ponder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom