McCord - ESPN comparison | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCord - ESPN comparison

all I will tell you is that there will be a lot of movement in that top ten QB propsect list by years end.

in terms of Kyle getting drafted, I want to see him jump to about 6 on the list. That will put him the mid to late rounds. Gives him a (virtually) guaranteed roster spot year one, and a chance to prove himself and get up to NFL speed without the pressure of having to be a savior for a franchise in desperate need.
I will add that McCord will be highly motivated to prove his doubters wrong as well. All of the BS thrown his way from tOSU fans and from other teams has been over the top crap. That includes ACC teams as well.

I think as long as McCord stays healthy he’ll measure up well against Nassib’s senior year. Maybe better.
I loved watching Nassib and that 2012 offence surgically march down the field, and the trio of Lemon, Sales, West were probably the best group we’ve had as long I’ve been a fan.

However, none of those three could really take the top off or turn a dig route into a 70 yard TD (Kobena had the wheels, but not the hands or routes to make it useful).

With guys like Haynes and Emanuel Ross in the fold, I think we see a lot more YAC and a different dimension to the offence than we saw in 2012.

As long as the offence (especially the O line) can gel, I expect McCord to put up the best throwing season we’ve ever seen statistically.

I'm very disappointed in the schedule. And I say that with my alma mater being on it (OU). To be honest its Schiano worthy. Ohio, UConn, UNLV and Holy Cross?

Yeah - we totally shoulda gone with a stacked, super-challenging OOC schedule for the first year of a rookie HC, all new coordinators and staff, an almost entirely new roster, totally new schemes, etc.

That woulda been awesome. :rolleyes:

W's all count the same.
And L's - even against really tough opponents - still count as L's.

The goal is always to WIN. ALL. THE. GAMES.
And especially to go 4-0 in the OOC, if at all possible.

Why make it any harder than it has to be??
There is zero extra credit for 'degree of difficulty'.

Keep stacking W's.

Sanders the Elder about to shift to coattail riding mode to try and get his kid to get him a head coaching position in the NFL

Yeah - we totally shoulda gone with a stacked, super-challenging OOC schedule for the first year of a rookie HC, all new coordinators and staff, an almost entirely new roster, totally new schemes, etc.

W's all count the same.

Keep stacking W's.
100% agree. I want wins not losses especially in year 1 of new head coach. make it as easy as possible

100% agree. I want wins not losses especially in year 1 of new head coach. make it as easy as possible
I agree, the easy schedule is really nice in Fran's first year. But I still wish one of those games was swapped out with a lower level P4 game. Not having one P4 team on the out of conference schedule just looks a bit ridiculous and probably just results in nationwide bashing and lower rankings for us.

What compounds it is we don't play many of the best teams in the conference this year either. But in general top to bottom I think the ACC is going to be a bit stronger than last year so we don't really have any real easy conference games. Just by looking at the transfer portal rankings for 2024 from 247 below you would think the conference should be improved. Although bringing in Cal, SMU and Stanford doesn't schreme upgrade Cal and SMU have good tranfer rankings. Transfer portal has been a pretty good thing for ACC programs. They provide a lot of immediate improvement. And this list excludes Clemson who doesn't use it and just relies on development and bringing in more high level freshman.

2024 Transfer portal rankings via 247:

7 Fl St
10 Miami
13 Louisville
17 Cal
18 NC St
25 Syracuse
31 SMU
42 Duke
43 * ND
50 Pitt
53 UVA
54 BC
57 UNC
62 GT
79 VT
107 WF
121 Stanford

IMO, Kyle will lead us to our best season in a long time!

IMG_9200.jpeg

W's all count the same.

Keep stacking W's.
Yep did we get credit for the tough OOCs we played in the past and we would end up 4-8 or 5-7? Nope. Just win, baby.