ESPN Coaches Film Room makes its CFBPlayoff Semifinals Debut with Dino Babers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Coaches Film Room makes its CFBPlayoff Semifinals Debut with Dino Babers

Dino is drooling over the speed of both of these teams, and over all the running backs. I am too.

Is Fedora a prisoner my god?
He doesn’t want to be there.
Patterson is talking WAY too much and Brit Hume Bilema is so boring.

Wouldn't this format benefit from a moderator. "So Gary, tell me about what you see in this defensive front? Major, what type of play would you check to here?" The free-for-all is a bit much.

Also, I know most of the Board despises him, but i've always admired Dana Holgorsen's hair. Kinda like a modern day take on Benjamin Franklin's style.

Last edited:
I’d rather listen to them than Fowler and Herbstreit.
Amen to that. Ditch Patterson for the second game and this would be really fun to watch. He's a knowledgeable guy but he's run his mouth so much that i think everyone else is just expecting it and not saying much.

Wouldn't this format benefit from a moderator. "So Gary, tell me about what you see in this defensive front? Major, what type of play would you check to here?" The free-for-all is a bit much.

Also, I know most of the Board despises him, but i've always admired Dana Holgorsen's hair. Kinda like a modern day take on Benjamin Franklin's style.
They do have a moderator. Doing a great job isn't he?

I’m with you. How can anyone hate the Skullet!?!?

Patterson said "Gotta be careful of Mayfield turning it over"...typical coach thought of playing conservative. Dino says you give me the heisman winner and those weapons and I'm going for the win every single time.

Is Fedora a prisoner my god?
He doesn’t want to be there.
Patterson is talking WAY too much and Brit Hume Bilema is so boring.
Bielema is a fireplug...

Should be mystery science theatre style
latest

Applewhite...is overmatched.

I swear he fell asleep for a bit. Doubt he gets a call back.

Glad Fedora has made himself at home putting his feet up on the table. Was Patterson sent home?

Props to Dino with the varsity jacket on his chair. Surprised the other coaches aren't #branding. Maybe they don't need it??

Either way win for Cuse, HCDB and ADJW!
I don't understand what you mean. Only Bielema wasn't wearing something with their school's logo on it since he doesn't have a school right now. Applewhite had the logo on his jacket, Patterson had "Horned Frogs" on his shirt, and everyone else had their helmet logo on their shirt.

In theory, I like this stuff but that was AWFUL last night, just awful. 3 of the 6 don't say much, one guy carrying on rambling, the moderator just lost and drifting out, etc. Needs a lot more to make it worth watching

It was hard to watch the game if you tuned in to the coaches. They would replay the previous play and dissect it which was great. But sometimes you missed the next play in real time. And they spoke on a level way above the average fans knowledge base.

"Should be mystery science theatre style"
...or add a deck of cards and a 1/4 keg.

that was dull beyond belief. pretty lame diagnosis over the sound of snack packs being opened. a few looked ready to doze off.

Last edited:
It was hard to watch the game if you tuned in to the coaches. They would replay the previous play and dissect it which was great. But sometimes you missed the next play in real time. And they spoke on a level way above the average fans knowledge base.
It wasn't designed for the average fan. It was designed for those of us that like to watch all-22 and understand the complications of football, while not really caring about the actual game in real time. No average fan would have watched that. But if you enjoy discussing gap assignments and coverages then it was absolutely for you.

I watched the end of the first game in real time since it was so compelling, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom