ESPN Coaches Film Room makes its CFBPlayoff Semifinals Debut with Dino Babers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Coaches Film Room makes its CFBPlayoff Semifinals Debut with Dino Babers

Its the kind of stuff some schools talk about at coaches lunches.. Play design and cover fits really dont make sense without the all 22 view.. its one of the things that makes you wonder about the player grades we see every week.. without the all 22 you cant tell who is making mistakes on many of the plays.

It wasn't designed for the average fan. It was designed for those of us that like to watch all-22 and understand the complications of football, while not really caring about the actual game in real time. No average fan would have watched that. But if you enjoy discussing gap assignments and coverages then it was absolutely for you.

I watched the end of the first game in real time since it was so compelling, though.

It makes you realize how much you don't know as an average, heck, even an "avid" football fan.

Its the kind of stuff some schools talk about at coaches lunches.. Play design and cover fits really dont make sense without the all 22 view.. its one of the things that makes you wonder about the player grades we see every week.. without the all 22 you cant tell who is making mistakes on many of the plays.
One thing that surprised me about the ACC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy is that it is objectively scored. It's not done by voting like the rest of the awards. Apparently every team in CFB uses the same scoring system to rate their linemen's performance; it does you no good to cheat on the scoring because you're cheating yourself; and the Trophy goes to the ACC lineman that had the highest score at the end of the season.

It makes you realize how much you don't know as an average, heck, even an "avid" football fan.
I was getting lost when they started talking about the D Line "techniques". "That's a 3 technique." OK, I'll take your word for it, Coach.

Wouldn't this format benefit from a moderator. "So Gary, tell me about what you see in this defensive front? Major, what type of play would you check to here?" The free-for-all is a bit much.

Also, I know most of the Board despises him, but i've always admired Dana Holgorsen's hair. Kinda like a modern day take on Benjamin Franklin's style.
Not quite a doppelganger, but I've always thought Holgersen looks like Brandon Dicamillo. They have the same skullet look

brandon-dicamillo.jpg

and it's funny you mentioned Ben Franklin because here's a photo of Dico dressed as him

hqdefault.jpg

Amen to that. Ditch Patterson for the second game and this would be really fun to watch. He's a knowledgeable guy but he's run his mouth so much that i think everyone else is just expecting it and not saying much.

Way too much Patterson.

The guy never shut-up.

He ruined it for me - and for the other panel members in my opinion.

It was hard to watch the game if you tuned in to the coaches. They would replay the previous play and dissect it which was great. But sometimes you missed the next play in real time. And they spoke on a level way above the average fans knowledge base.

Again, that's a poor job by the moderator. It may not have been for the average fan, but it also didn't need to be as incomprehensible as it often was. The moderator has to be more forceful in converting the banter to the English language.

Way too much Patterson.

The guy never shut-up.

I only watched it for 10 mins. Babers didn't say a word and Patterson talked constantly. That was enough.

I only watched it for 10 mins. Babers didn't say a word and Patterson talked constantly. That was enough.
Babers had a lot more to say during the Clemson game. He was very good and it seemed like everyone else shut up when he spoke.

Babers had a lot more to say during the Clemson game. He was very good and it seemed like everyone else shut up when he spoke.

I watched 10 mins during the Okie-Ga game.

I was getting lost when they started talking about the D Line "techniques". "That's a 3 technique." OK, I'll take your word for it, Coach.
Did you play HS Football? Not a dig, serious question. That's where I learned most of the vernacular. In the film room.

It's just where that DT is lining up against the OL.

dtechniquealignments.gif

Did you play HS Football? Not a dig, serious question. That's where I learned most of the vernacular. In the film room.

It's just where that DT is lining up against the OL.

dtechniquealignments.gif
I did, but many years ago before they came up with this numbering system or used the word "technique". "Line up with your butt level with the tackle and your head aimed at the guard." "Okay, Coach!"

We all did like the singing group Jay and the Techniques, though.

Way too much Patterson.

The guy never shut-up.

Agree. And he wasnt that good at predicting plays. Too much alpha male bs

Looks like Dino has this week off...

ESPN’s MegaCast Presents 20 Productions for College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T Featuring Georgia vs. Alabama - ESPN MediaZone

Coaches Film Room Returns with Limited Commercial Breaks
After making its first College Football Playoff Semifinals debut, the popular Coaches Film Room (ESPNEWS) returns to the CFP National Championship MegaCast. Mike Bobo (Colorado State), Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern) and Kevin Sumlin are among the coaches participating. Additional coaches will be added throughout the weekend.

probably doing some interviews for the open spots on staff

Some Gundy? Interesante

Gundy & Cutcliffe in particular were awesome

Gundy & Cutcliffe in particular were awesome
They, along with an assist from fitzpatrick, carried the 1st half. In the 2nd, the beers in those ‘other’ Mugs started to kick in and they were all decent. But yeah, it was Cutcliffe as the dad and Gundy as BillyRay Cyrus, I mean the young pup...breaking down film.

Pretty good.

They, along with an assist from fitzpatrick, carried the 1st half. In the 2nd, the beers in those ‘other’ Mugs started to kick in and they were all decent. But yeah, it was Cutcliffe as the dad and Gundy as BillyRay Cyrus, I mean the young pup...breaking down film.

Pretty good.
One thing our board noticed was how everyone immediately shut up as soon as Cutcliffe started talking. They'd readily interrupt each other; but no one said anything while he spoke.

i did not watch at all. Did they have a moderator? IF so, was the person an improvement.

i did not watch at all. Did they have a moderator? IF so, was the person an improvement.

he didn't even have to moderate, the coaches were all professional, didn't talk over each, listened to each other, waited for the other guy finish etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom