Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan

Wildhack leaving was because he saw very bad writing on the wall.
as did (former) Mets beat writer Adam Rubin, who left the network this past offseason to become assistant AD at NYIT

Here's one of the $ quotes from that article:

#StickToSports.
Exactly. They are keeping the people that drove the real sports fans away to begin with. It will only continue to get worse. If they had gotten rid of Stephen A. Smith and similar they would have stood a chance to recover.

Thats not how I read it.. I saw him saying how great a job he had, how much he loved it, and how many things it allowed him to do
You're probably right. It just seems like whenever somebody says to me "I do the things the right way. I don't cut corners" that means they're about to cut corners.

Wow. They are getting rid of a higher percentage of the decent/good employees, than the obvious cuts. Not sure what their plan is, but I have an idea. I have to tune in to watch the Draft, then back to not watching. They're making it even easier now. The list of those let go is so much better than those they are keeping.

Why oh why couldn't they have thrown Kenny Mayne out with the trash? Mayne the Pain.-VBOF

Kenny was one name that crossed my mind. I'm pretty sure he makes a nice chunk of change and I'm not sure he brings anything spectacular to the table. I used to enjoy him when I would catch him but I would hardly call him must see tv like Dan and Keith were back in the day.

He's pretty much wrong about everything all the time and then flip flops when he is, but yeah keep telling yourself he's great.
he's a talk show host not an analyst or and insider. I agree 6.5 mil is way too much for anyone in his profession but he doesn't need to be right he needs to keep the flow of the show going and make it interesting which I think he does well.

Mike Greenberg is what ESPN wants.
He is manilla spineless jellyfish who appeals to the parts of the country that don't have local pro teams.

He has no interesting opinions and acts like a weak man. He jokes about his wife who controls him.

How his CAA agents got him 6.5 million dollars is amazing. Fox or NBC wouldn't want him. He couldn't have had a large market.

This new SC he is going to have in the morning won't get any new fans to watch.

I guess we find out how accurate his last story will be on the draft since he has Tyler out of the first round right now

Exactly. They are keeping the people that drove the real sports fans away to begin with. It will only continue to get worse. If they had gotten rid of Stephen A. Smith and similar they would have stood a chance to recover.

People can have their opinions on Stephen A as I have mine - but he is incredible at earning ratings. That is what it's all about. If you think First Take is to just simply show people having an argument about sports then I don't know what to tell you.

Jamelle Hill and Michael Smith are a couple that should be launched into the sun aboard one of Elon Musks experimental vehicles. I remember thinking years ago that Smith was going to be a rising star, yet since they've paired him with her the last few years, he's in fact regressed and currently sucks.

Why oh why couldn't they have thrown Kenny Mayne out with the trash? Mayne the Pain.-VBOF

I honestly didn't realize that he was still on the network until you mentioned him. Last I had heard he was on Dancing With The (C-List) Stars

People can have their opinions on Stephen A as I have mine - but he is incredible at earning ratings. That is what it's all about. If you think First Take is to just simply show people having an argument about sports then I don't know what to tell you.

It's not a show about people arguing about sports? What is it then? Perhaps Mickey Mouse Clubhouse isn't a cartoon my 3 year old watches depicting the life and times of an animated rodent and his crew.

It's not a show about people arguing about sports? What is it then? Perhaps Mickey Mouse Clubhouse isn't a cartoon my 3 year old watches depicting the life and times of an animated rodent and his crew.

I said "if you think first take is to JUST simply show people having an argument about sports..."

The show is an argument about sports, with H0T Takes, purposely designed for 1-2 minute videos to show on twitter and facebook to draw you in.

The First Take crew are just WWE characters. It's all an act. I am sure some (or maybe most) of their opinions they spew on FT and Undisputed now are truly theirs -- but the theatrics is designed for ratings (even though Undisputed is stinking that up)

Mike Greenberg is what ESPN wants.
He is manilla spineless jellyfish who appeals to the parts of the country that don't have local pro teams.

He has no interesting opinions and acts like a weak man. He jokes about his wife who controls him.

How his CAA agents got him 6.5 million dollars is amazing. Fox or NBC wouldn't want him. He couldn't have had a large market.

This new SC he is going to have in the morning won't get any new fans to watch.

I appreciate that you have a strong opinion on this. While I agree with your assessment on Mike Greenberg, I don't have the same problem with him you do. Mike & Mike is essentially the GMA of sports radio. He's good at that stuff.

ESPN didnt just throw $6.5m at him because. That's not how it works. You know that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom