Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Espn cuts - Dana O'Neill and Eamonn Brennan

I said "if you think first take is to JUST simply show people having an argument about sports..."

The show is an argument about sports, with H0T Takes, purposely designed for 1-2 minute videos to show on twitter and facebook to draw you in.

The First Take crew are just WWE characters. It's all an act. I am sure some (or maybe most) of their opinions they spew on FT and Undisputed now are truly theirs -- but the theatrics is designed for ratings (even though Undisputed is stinking that up)
ON his radio show, Marcellus Wiley said that when he guests on First Take, the producers hand his takes to him before he goes on air. Sometimes he agrees with them, most of the time he doesn't. It's all theater.

ON his radio show, Marcellus Wiley said that when he guests on First Take, the producers hand his takes to him before he goes on air. Sometimes he agrees with them, most of the time he doesn't. It's all theater.
When did he say this? It would be a lead story on awful announcing or Big lead if he said this on air.

Adrian Wojnarowski officially hired by ESPN. I imagine the DraftExpress people are coming with him.

Richard Deitsch media podcast guest James Andrew Miller said he has serious doubts the ESPN-ACC channel will ever happen after all the cuts the network made.

Richard Deitsch media podcast guest James Andrew Miller said he has serious doubts the ESPN-ACC channel will ever happen after all the cuts the network made.
Don't we have a contract which states that if the channel doesn't launch by {I don't remember the date}, they owe the ACC a chunk of change? I thought I read/heard that when it was announced.

Don't we have a contract which states that if the channel doesn't launch by {I don't remember the date}, they owe the ACC a chunk of change? I thought I read/heard that when it was announced.
I believe they owe the ACC an extra 28 million per year which would be 2 million per school.

Whenever I turn on ESPN now, I look at it judgmentally. Did they keep him/her? Why? Could that Marty guy wear a tighter suit? How's he coming back?

I said "if you think first take is to JUST simply show people having an argument about sports..."

The show is an argument about sports, with H0T Takes, purposely designed for 1-2 minute videos to show on twitter and facebook to draw you in.

The First Take crew are just WWE characters. It's all an act. I am sure some (or maybe most) of their opinions they spew on FT and Undisputed now are truly theirs -- but the theatrics is designed for ratings (even though Undisputed is stinking that up)
All the more reason to hate it and the culture that supports it.

I don't disagree with you .. but it's clear why Stephen A is around. Ratings = $$$$$
Yeah. It's sad HE is what generates ratings. I watched first take initially. When I got sick of Bayless I stopped. It didn't take long for me to dislike SAS after he started with ESPN. I've done my part. I turned the channel anytime he came on. I'm certainly not contributing to the ratings, and I used to watch espn constantly until I got sick of the shift in style and erosion of talent.

Whenever I turn on ESPN now, I look at it judgmentally. Did they keep him/her? Why? Could that Marty guy wear a tighter suit? How's he coming back?
Sarina Morales? She's terrible. Must be cheap.

Is she the one that babbles really fast and loud as if she should always be the center of attention? I'm pretty sure I couldn't stand her after watching for about 30sec and turned the channel. Now that I think about it, I've done that a lot with espn lately.

Sarina is an SU alum. So I will say that for her.

She is indeed an alum, but I hate to say it - she drives me crazy. I don't see what she added to the morning show. I would have kept Jaymee Sire over her every time.

She is indeed an alum, but I hate to say it - she drives me crazy. I don't see what she added to the morning show. I would have kept Jaymee Sire over her every time.
Skipper likes diversity.

Sarina being bilingual saved her over McCarthy and Sire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom