ESPN Fantasy Football | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Fantasy Football

Captnhowdy

2nd String
Do you guys do a fantasy football league on ESPN, or any other site for that matter?

I do both ESPN and Yahoo. Just finished my first draft of the year a few minutes ago, actually, on ESPN.

Had the last pick in the first round in a 10 team draft, got Alfred Morris and LeSean McCoy as my first two picks, I'm pretty satisfied with that.

I do both ESPN and Yahoo. Just finished my first draft of the year a few minutes ago, actually, on ESPN.

Had the last pick in the first round in a 10 team draft, got Alfred Morris and LeSean McCoy as my first two picks, I'm pretty satisfied with that.

In this draft, I would rather have pick ten than any other, except maybe one to get Peterson. I've got the fourth in my league, still not quite sure who I want but leaning lynch.

Are we doing a syracusefan.com one?

Here's what I got in this draft:

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco
RB: Alfred Morris, LeSean McCoy, Ben Tate, Daryl Richardson, Joseph Randle
WR: Jordy Nelson, Dwayne Bowe, Eric Decker, Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery
TE: Jared Cook, Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST: San Francisco
K: Randy Bullock (Houston)

And someone mentioned something about a Syracusefan league a few days ago...

I'm in a 12 team league. It's a tough league; our commissioner writes fantasy articles for ESPN.com and another player is Kenny Mayne's producer. It's a keeper league and we also draft and play individual defensive players. For those who are not familiar with keeper rules, you can keep one player per position (plus one rookie, if you want to, per position). So I drafted Adrian Peterson with the last pick in the first round, so I'll keep him this year and won't have a first round pick (He'll be my first round pick essentially). You can keep veterans like AP for 3 years, so I had him last year and can keep him for 3 more years. Rookies you can keep for 5 years. 2nd year guys you can keep 4 years.

On d, we start two d-linemen, 2 lbs, and 2 dbs.

The guys I'm leaning toward keeping are Cam Newton (rookie, 10th round), AP (1st round), Julio Jones (rookie, 4th round), Kyle Rudolph (2nd year guy, 14th round), Justin Tucker (rookie---I forget the round but it was late), and Jason Pierre-Paul (2nd year guy, 21st round or something like that).

Would people want to start a Fantasy League on ESPN, or Yahoo if more people prefer that?

We already have two fantasy leagues running on Yahoo. PM me your email address and I'll put you on the waiting list.

I sent out renewal notices last week. If people don't re-up by Friday, we can squeeze you in.

Yeah, that league was pretty fun last year. My team was on fire in the first half of the year, but RG3, Foster, and Gronk got hurt/were less effective down the stretch.

I couldn't believe how quickly QB's went in that draft; 6 QB's picked in the top 12!

As an aside, would people be interested in trying out college fantasy football?

As an aside, would people be interested in trying out college fantasy football?

I was in a College league on 2009 on CBS.

Alec Lemon won me the league title with his performance against UConn.

I'd be curious about a college fantasy league, though honestly these days I don't follow non-Syracuse teams as much as I used to. I couldn't name Alabama's starting quarterback, for example.

I'd be curious about a college fantasy league, though honestly these days I don't follow non-Syracuse teams as much as I used to. I couldn't name Alabama's starting quarterback, for example.

Can you name his smoking hot girlfriend?

Can you name his smoking hot girlfriend?

Ahhh yes. I completely forgot McCarron was still there.

And yes, it took the mention of Katherine Webb for my memory to be jogged.

Ahhh yes. I completely forgot McCarron was still there.

And yes, it took the mention of Katherine Webb for my memory to be jogged.

I knew that would jog your memory lol

I knew that would jog your memory lol

Okay, so I can't name the starting quarterback at USC off the top of my head. But he probably has a smokin' hot girlfriend too, so maybe I should learn who SHE is and I'll be all set.

Okay, so I can't name the starting quarterback at USC off the top of my head. But he probably has a smokin' hot girlfriend too, so maybe I should learn who SHE is and I'll be all set.

hrm, I feel like his name is on the tip of my tounge... but I cant name him either. I do remember being at the bar for last years USC game tho.

hrm, I feel like his name is on the tip of my tounge... but I cant name him either. I do remember being at the bar for last years USC game tho.

Actually USC is a bad example since they just lost Matt Barkley, so not knowing his successor isn't a huge deal.

Okay, trying once again - I couldn't name the starting QB at Florida right now. There. That should work, right?

Actually USC is a bad example since they just lost Matt Barkley, so not knowing his successor isn't a huge deal.

Okay, trying once again - I couldn't name the starting QB at Florida right now. There. That should work, right?

yep, there ya go. Havent been able to name a Florida QB since Tebow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom