ESPN Game Day is cancelled | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Game Day is cancelled

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
With all the talk of a potential college GameDay for Syracuse and Clemson in September, what are the odds that we land game day for the Duke game on February 23rd? You'd have to imagine that it checks all of the boxes, especially after our upset in Cameron. Looking forward to 34,000 packing the dome for that one.

Last edited:
With all the talk of a potential college GameDay for Syracuse and Clemson in September, what are the odds that we land game day for the Duke game on February 23rd? You'd have to imagine that it checks all of the boxes, especially after our upset in Cameron. Looking forward to 34,000 packing the dome for that one.
It's already set they are going to be at the game on the 23rd.

Do you have a link? Didn't realize these dates are preset and my googling is showing Kansas /Texas tech on the 23rd. If so, missed opportunity.

The GameDay sites are released a week in advance. 2/23/19 has not been publicly
released yet. Unless someone has inside information

I've always wondered why the College Gameday basketball version sites are determined in advance. Aren't the logistics of having a huge outdoor show with 6 days notice like in football way harder than having it inside an arena? I love football Gameday but I feel like basketball one kind of sucks.

The GameDay sites are released a week in advance. 2/23/19 has not been publicly
released yet. Unless someone has inside information

I only have the following inside information. (Wikipedia) :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.42.47 AM.png

Three Duke involved Game Days already scheduled. I would be suprised if they gave them a 4th.

I only have the following inside information. (Wikipedia) :)

View attachment 150787
Haha welp my bad. I have not seen them do it in advance before for bball.
Those all seem like logical places to go but could not find it on ESPN anywhere, which is odd (other than most of the times lining up with late time slots).

My buddy's father in law is part of game day I will leave it at that. They will be at SU that day
It all depends on Cuse. Gotta keep winning, staying relevant and maybe sneaking into Top 25. Even if crowd is 35,000+, if Cuse is not relevant, ESPN would not be inclined to show an ACC also ran vs. Duke even if the crowd is record-breaking.

It all depends on Cuse. Gotta keep winning, staying relevant and maybe sneaking into Top 25. Even if crowd is 35,000+, if Cuse is not relevant, ESPN would not be inclined to show an ACC also ran vs. Duke even if the crowd is record-breaking.
Not true there schedule is pretty much preset they just don't release it to the public until a few weeks out. I will gladly make a friendly wager that this is happening. Whoever is correct picks out the losers avatar for 6 months?

Not true there schedule is pretty much preset they just don't release it to the public until a few weeks out. I will gladly make a friendly wager that this is happening. Whoever is correct picks out the losers avatar for 6 months?
That's not my point. SYR-Duke could very well be Gameday if SYR holds up its end of bargain and continues winning. I'm disputing the fact that you claim it's etched in stone a month before the date. There is no definitive way for you to prove on Jan. 26 that Gameday will be in SYR on Feb. 23 other than hearsay from an unnamed source.

That's not my point. SYR-Duke could very well be Gameday if SYR holds up its end of bargain and continues winning. I'm disputing the fact that you claim it's etched in stone a month before the date. There is no definitive way for you to prove on Jan. 26 that Gameday will be in SYR on Feb. 23 other than hearsay from an unnamed source.
He's not just making stuff up. Believe what you will, but his info is solid.

What time would that be 8?

I would think ESPN would prefer to have Duke on at 6PM. They have been involved in 6 of the top 9 most watched games this year so far this year. It would make sense to put them in their “stand alone” prime time game at 6, rather than at 8PM when they would be competing with the Warriors and Rockets at 8:30 on ABC.

I would think ESPN would prefer to have Duke on at 6PM. They have been involved in 6 of the top 9 most watched games this year so far this year. It would make sense to put them in their “stand alone” prime time game at 6, rather than at 8PM when they would be competing with the Warriors and Rockets at 8:30 on ABC.

Is 6 p.m. considered prime time anyways? Isn't that more of the prime time dinner hour? To me, prime time was always around the 8-9 p.m. window, and it's when ESPN would air their Game Day game in the past. I realize ESPN has shifted this to 6 p.m. so then they can market the chit out of the NBA game that they've now chosen to put on ABC in the true prime time slot of 8:30 p.m. I'm far more of a college hoops junkie, so I just watch some other college game instead of the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom