ESPN Game Day is cancelled | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Game Day is cancelled

“Different” is how you want to package some of the sewage presented here today in written format?

Okay.
I just meant in general. I don't agree with what some posters have said I don't think anything and I say this without reading every post but I don't think there has been anything really bad.

Yes but we would have had a chance to show it in front of a national televised audience.

I think the Syracuse fan base could have used a little glimmer of excitement and I think we could have forgot all about the accident for an hour and just be pumped up for the game.

I would have continued with college game day and just made no mention of the accident. Just to keep the celebration nature they refer to. And at very end of the show say you thoughts and prayers are with the Jimnez family and the Boehiem family. Think that would be a good and classy way to handle the situation.

You say it's a respect thing but I don't think continuing the show would be disrespectful either
What about the game day announcing crew? I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be for them.

Doing game day would require them all (including drunk college kids) to thread a needle that is very hard to thread.

Everyone is better served by cancelling.

ESPN can do a regular-ish show from Bristol. Syracuse can focus solely on the game. No one needs to worry about the wrong sign being in the crowd or someone saying or doing the wrong thing.

Unfortunate, but as had been said, far from the worst thing anyone has had to deal with this week.

If you think they're not going to talk about Boeheim and Zion, you're crazy.
It's just that they won't have to broadcast from here all day long.

Doing game day would require them all (including drunk college kids) to thread a needle that is very hard to thread.

Everyone is better served by cancelling.

ESPN can do a regular-ish show from Bristol. Syracuse can focus solely on the game. No one needs to worry about the wrong sign being in the crowd or someone saying or doing the wrong thing.

Unfortunate, but as had been said, far from the worst thing anyone has had to deal with this week.
Yep

Good call. Show highlights from the earlier games and have talking heads talk about that.

Honestly less Zion talk right now is probably a good thing whether or not he will/should play again this year isn't good for the sport.

And on the same token if you are going to spend 1-2 hours talking about the accident JB was involved in that could have happened to anyone and the best player in the sport getting injured please do it from Bristol and not the Dome.

I have complicated feelings on this. I get it. Seems uncomfortable to have a show with people standing there cheering like crazy in orange in light of what happened. But isn’t it going to be just as uncomfortable having the game? I don’t know.

Like I said I get the decision, if anything, it makes me wonder what the atmosphere will be like broadly

It was on. ESPN said 3-4 hours ago that the show is gonna go on as planned.

I for one don't understand this decision. Yes its terrible that someone lost there life but a 1 hour show on ESPN is not going to change anything. I mean this will already be all over the place because someone famous is involved. This decision to not have it is not going to change anything that happened so might as well have it continue anyways

I feel so bad for the students who wasted there time camping out for college game day.

It looks like the Counseling Center is open today from 10-4 for drop-in appointments for those students who are struggling with the traumatic Gameday cancellation and need to talk about their feelings

Counseling Center | Syracuse University

It looks like the Counseling Center is open today from 10-4 for drop-in appointments for those students who are struggling with the traumatic Gameday cancellation and need to talk about their feelings

Counseling Center | Syracuse University
giphy.gif

They will just have to settle for the unfortunate Saturday agenda of drinking/partying all afternoon, followed by attending the largest crowd in college basketball history, followed by drinking/partying all night. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

lol

The show I'm watching is basically what i envisioned, a sober, issue oriented discussion of the Boeheim situation, the Williamson situation, including should he shut it down until the NBA draft, now they are talking about the one and done rule. etc. The difference is: Bilas is in the Dome and the other three guys are in Bristol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom