ESPN grades us out at a C? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN grades us out at a C?

Did some research on past recruiting years as I think overall this class ranks with 1994 when Konrad, Johnson and McNabb came. Incidently I feel the 94 class was an awesome class. Anyways in the article it listed the top 10 classes and also made mention of how Syracuse had, you gueesed it "the most disappointing" class in the country. Funny how those three first round draft picks probably don't think they were a disappointment. Point being rankings are to be based on teh field and by coaches, not rating systems or newspaper men.

http://articles.philly.com/1994-02-04/sports/25857251_1_allen-wallace-phil-grosz-football-recruits

That's funny. Oh, the good ole days when our recruiting classes were actually evaluated -- even if poorly, we were part of the discussion.

It will be a lot of fun in the next few years when we are in that discussion again.

The recruiting individual and class rankings should come out after 4 years. I know it's not realistic, but that is the most accurate measure for how "good" a player or class really was. For example, they should be grading the 2010 class right now. Besides HS film and camps, there is no true gauge as to how well these kids will translate into the college game. Grade based on production.

Obviously, some kids are clear freaks (Clowney, Taylor Lewan, etc.), but based on actual play and where they end up, Justin Pugh would've been a 5-star OT prospect, not a 2-star no name. Alec Lemon would've been a 4 star; on the flip side, Ishaq Williams would NOT have been a 5 star. No where close.

About as meaningless as preseason poll rankings. Don't know how these teams will do collectively until they play another team, yet some are anointed to be the next 2002-4 USC.

Rocco said:
The recruiting individual and class rankings should come out after 4 years. I know it's not realistic, but that is the most accurate measure for how "good" a player or class really was. For example, they should be grading the 2010 class right now.
I would actually like to see someone go back and regrade classes and players 3-4 years later. It would be interesting to see if you had a place like Notre Dame get 5 star kids that 3 years later consistently grade out at 2 stars, or another program that takes a lot of no star freshman to 4 or 5 star rankings as juniors. It would tell you a lot about the actual coaching ability of the staffs involved.

RMH44 said:
I can add a second word for the experts: Mackey.

A third. Tom Brady.

think slayton gonna have that Marshawn lynch type silent assassin look at me wrong and I will end you feel.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one pumped about Slayton. Especially if he really is 270.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one pumped about Slayton. Especially if he really is 270.

I think next year we'll catch glimpses of it, but projecting two years out I think we have the potential to see a scary defensive unit. A front 7 that is literally kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out scary.

I think next year we'll catch glimpses of it, but projecting two years out I think we have the potential to see a scary defensive unit. A front 7 that is literally kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out scary.
Much respect for the program quote. Zaire is going to be special, too.

Boy I would have gone a little higher. I am super excited about this class.

I don't think we need any other validation other than what we know.

We've been a program that cratered into Siberia 9-10 years ago, stunk for a couple years, were losing kids to Central Directional State or maybe just beating them. Lately we've gone to bowls three of the past four years and for the first time in a LONG time, we're beating major legit schools that OrangePA listed out in some serious football states.

Give us a C, a B, the letter Q...gang we know how good this class relative to what our own school has done over the past 15 years. And it is pretty good vis-a-vis our own performance of late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom