ESPN insider article on best freshman & mid season AA | Syracusefan.com

ESPN insider article on best freshman & mid season AA

TerryM

Scout Team
Got this gem from goodman. Say what????

Which freshman has played the best so far this season?

Bilas: Since I put Parker and Randle on my midseason All-America team, it has to be Parker and Randle. But the freshman outside of the Fab Four of our Freshman Focus has been Syracuse's Tyler Ennis. Ennis is unflappable, plays with great pace and makes terrific decisions. He is excellent on the defensive end and does a great job of anticipating and getting deflections and steals. Ennis is the best rookie point guard in the country.

Goodman: One week ago, this was an easy answer with Duke's Parker. Even though he has struggled the past two games and was benched in crunch time in the loss to Notre Dame, I'm sticking with Parker in a close call with Kentucky's Randle and Syracuse's Ennis. All three have been tremendous. Parker needs to improve his play on the defensive end, but the same can be said about Randle and Ennis (whose defensive play is somewhat hidden in the 2-3 zone).

Not sure of his family situation but I think he might be a "one and done"...I really hope he comes back but talk of him going in the top half of the first round might be too strong of a pull. I really think another year would really help him though.

Ennis has gotten better as the year has gone on, but yes, at the beginning of the year his D was very average. He gets a lot of tips, but he was letting guards penetrate into the paint way too easily.

He'll continue to improve, as all freshman do.

Mark don't say such a thing! Of course he's not one and done. You must be off your rocker to say something so preposterous !

Not sure how you can totally disagree with Goodman's comment. He's saying Parker and Randle have to get better defensively, and so does Ennis. Like GoHam said, Tyler's D has improved and should continue to get better, but he's not exactly MCW at the top of the zone. But we've definitely had worse guards at the top than Ennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom