ESPN is really walking this one back | Syracusefan.com

ESPN is really walking this one back

I'm curious to read a review from their ombudsman on how they have covered this.

Thank you Tim Tebow!!!! Hopefully this is like the point shaving farce and will just blow over in a few days. Certainly seems like shady allegations at best. Boeheim killed it and the fact they need to mention its already been investigated and discredited during there Breaking News beat is damning to their shotty reporting.

Why do I say Thank you Tim Tebow? Dude just provided cover for this story to blow over, media will be all over Tebow tomorrow.

They at least used to have one as of a couple years ago, not sure if they still use one. She sometimes wrote on ESPN.com.

Thank you Tim Tebow!!!! Hopefully this is like the point shaving farce and will just blow over in a few days. Certainly seems like shady allegations at best. Boeheim killed it and the fact they need to mention its already been investigated and discredited during there Breaking News beat is damning to their shotty reporting.

Why do I say Thank you Tim Tebow? Dude just provided cover for this story to blow over, media will be all over Tebow tomorrow.
Not to mention the Natalie Wood death case has been reopened. Takes some attention away in terms of non-sports media outlets.

Do ombudsmans even exist anymore?
They have gotten progressively worse since Leann Schreiber. Ohlmeyer was too connected to the company and the people in power. Poynter just talks in circles.

They do have an ombudsman who torched ESPN pretty bad last week about the initial PSU coverage (How will it affect recruiting?!?!?).

The plural is actually ombudsmen, isn't it? Jeeeeeeeez. :bang:

The plural is actually ombudsmen, isn't it? Jeeeeeeeez. :bang:

No, it's actually ombudspersons or ombudsers, as we wouldn't want to attach an offensive gender identifier.

To each his or her or its or their own.

They are right back on their heels now. Everything "the accusers say"---followed by a specific denial by JB or SU. It will be interesting to see where this is by the end of the day. That interview will have been a wake up call in Bristol.

The SU story was #4 on PTI Friday night, behind Tebow, Jets, and BCS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom