2nd String
image-1771542951.jpg
Apparently still empty, even in make-believe

Megacast Details

Last edited:
View attachment 6252 Apparently still empty, even in make-believe

Megacast Details

How can you have a 34-20 OT score?

SU scores first in OT and goes for 2 to make it 28-20 and then picks off VT and returns it for a TD.

That's the only way I can think of since if they returned a pick or fumble for a TD to end the game there would not be an extra point.

Someone's gotta say it...

How the hell did we get ranked #22?!?!?!?

WE'RE BACK BABY!

How can you have a 34-20 OT score?

SU scores first in OT and goes for 2 to make it 28-20 and then picks off VT and returns it for a TD.

That's the only way I can think of since if they returned a pick or fumble for a TD to end the game there would not be an extra point.
That's right. And the defensive player who scored the touchdown would get reamed out for not taking a knee and ending the game immediately, instead risking getting the ball stripped and allowing the offensive team a chance to tie it up again.

OT Rules Question: If this scenario happened in overtime (offensive team throws interception, then strips ball from the defensive player that is returning it), would they maintain possession and be allowed to run more plays, continuing their drive from wherever they recovered the ball? Or would the temporary change of possession end their drive, such that they would have had to score on the same play that the ball went back and forth?

OT Rules Question: If this scenario happened in overtime (offensive team throws interception, then strips ball from the defensive player that is returning it), would they maintain possession and be allowed to run more plays, continuing their drive from wherever they recovered the ball? Or would the temporary change of possession end their drive, such that they would have had to score on the same play that the ball went back and forth?

whoa-mind-blown.jpg

That scenario happened. I want to say it was about 1996 or 97. Air Force vs. ND. I forget who won, but in OT, one team scored to go up 7. Then the other team had the ball and threw a pick six. So the team won by 13 in OT. You do not get to kick the PAT this case.

EDIT: I may be wrong on the teams, but I did see this happen once.

That scenario happened. I want to say it was about 1996 or 97. Air Force vs. ND. I forget who won, but in OT, one team scored to go up 7. Then the other team had the ball and threw a pick six. So the team won by 13 in OT. You do not get to kick the PAT this case.

EDIT: I may be wrong on the teams, but I did see this happen once.
Or, to get to a 14 point margin, the team on offense first scores a TD and a 2-point conversion. Then the pick-6 makes it 14.

How has no one brought up that VPI is #1 and so is FSU?

DeGrozz said:
How has no one brought up that VPI is #1 and so is FSU?

Was wondering when everyone would pick up on all these details.

ACC must have been stacked to have FSU and VaTech as co-number ones, plus us at 22. :)

Cuse is 1-0 in the Megacast virtual world.

That's right. And the defensive player who scored the touchdown would get reamed out for not taking a knee and ending the game immediately, instead risking getting the ball stripped and allowing the offensive team a chance to tie it up again.

Yes, they would maintain possession. The possession for the offense ends when the opponent has possession at the end of the play.