ESPN Tip-Off Marathon running schedule | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Tip-Off Marathon running schedule

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/espn-tip-off-marathon

At 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 11, the Marathon begins with an ESPN2 women's doubleheader (Stanford-UConn; then Tennessee-North Carolina) and an ESPNU men's doubleheader (Kent State-Temple; then Colorado State-Gonzaga). At 7:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 12, the Marathon ends with a Champions Classic doubleheader that very well might match up four of the nation's top five teams (Kentucky-Michigan State; Kansas-Duke).

In between, starting at 11 p.m. ET on the 11th, there's a run of men's games that will keep the hardcore fans up all night and morning and begging for caffeine by lunchtime. Who will be participating in those games? Well, stick with us here in the Nation blog. We'll be revealing each of the Marathon matchups at the corresponding time they'll be taking place three months from now. Keep this page open and refresh every two hours and you'll get a new game, along with an early analysis of the matchup.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/espn-tip-off-marathon

At 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 11, the Marathon begins with an ESPN2 women's doubleheader (Stanford-UConn; then Tennessee-North Carolina) and an ESPNU men's doubleheader (Kent State-Temple; then Colorado State-Gonzaga). At 7:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 12, the Marathon ends with a Champions Classic doubleheader that very well might match up four of the nation's top five teams (Kentucky-Michigan State; Kansas-Duke).

In between, starting at 11 p.m. ET on the 11th, there's a run of men's games that will keep the hardcore fans up all night and morning and begging for caffeine by lunchtime. Who will be participating in those games? Well, stick with us here in the Nation blog. We'll be revealing each of the Marathon matchups at the corresponding time they'll be taking place three months from now. Keep this page open and refresh every two hours and you'll get a new game, along with an early analysis of the matchup.

I can't wait for the marathon this year! It is especially exciting for me because I will be at the seven o'clock game being as loud as possible.

schedule:

BYU vs. Stanford 11PM
Western Kentucky @ Wichita St 1AM
Akron @ St Marys 3AM
New Mexico St @ Hawaii 5AM
Hartford @ FGCU 7AM
Quinipiac @ LaSalle 9AM
LSU @ UMass 11AM
WVU @ VT 1PM
South Carolina @ Baylor 3PM
NC St @ Cincy 5 PM

schedule:

BYU vs. Stanford 11PM
Western Kentucky @ Wichita St 1AM
Akron @ St Marys 3AM
New Mexico St @ Hawaii 5AM
Hartford @ FGCU 7AM
Quinipiac @ LaSalle 9AM
LSU @ UMass 11AM
WVU @ VT 1PM
South Carolina @ Baylor 3PM
NC St @ Cincy 5 PM

I'm planning on staying with my friend in his dorm, and we are going to all-night it and head over to our arena at about 6:15, enjoy our game, then find a sports bar to catch the rest of the games.

I love watching college hoops, and this is a great opportunity for a lot of schools to get exposure, but it's funny that no one at the NCAA mentions how much this schedule interferes with academics.
Three games starting at midnight local time along with the daytime starts don't exactly support the notion of student-athlete. Just another example of the hypocrisy.

I'll get off the soapbox now- it just drives me nuts that the NCAA won't stop pretending that it isn't about the $$

I love watching college hoops, and this is a great opportunity for a lot of schools to get exposure, but it's funny that no one at the NCAA mentions how much this schedule interferes with academics.
Three games starting at midnight local time along with the daytime starts don't exactly support the notion of student-athlete. Just another example of the hypocrisy.

I'll get off the soapbox now- it just drives me nuts that the NCAA won't stop pretending that it isn't about the $$
no different than any other game/road game on a week day

I say we start a movement to make tip-off marathon and the first Thurs/Fri of March Madness a national holiday. Does anyone work these days, and if so, does anyone actually get anything done?

I'm planning on staying with my friend in his dorm, and we are going to all-night it and head over to our arena at about 6:15, enjoy our game, then find a sports bar to catch the rest of the games.

can I come? oh wait I gotta work. and I live in nyc. damn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom